To break or not to break?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Personally I like grading I will always opt for graded figures and if I buy ones ungraded I get them graded as soon as I can. I think the 50 grade on your Fett has decreased it's value so I agree it would be worth more if you cracked it open. I would only do this if you are confident you can do it without damaging the card. If the rest of your collection is ungraded then your graded item will naturally become a talking point when showing people your collection which will mean you will be talking about something you want to forget which over time may irritate you.

You mentioned that you believe it has been unfairly graded and the 50 grade should be higher this may well be the case so why don't you crack it open and have it regraded, AFA don't get it right every time.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have never liked grading and I would never pay extra for graded items. So if I had any items in a grading box then I would take the items out of the box and throw the grading box out. So I see no problem with that you want to do the same :wink:

subzero

Sith Lord
Nah i'm not into grading myself at all, I think a good way to open it is to get surgical with it with my Dremmel and a saw blade attachment, when the time comes!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
My first thought when I saw the 50 grade was that it must have a cracked bubble. That's AFA's default grade if you submit a cracked bubble, but looking at the sub grades the bubble gets an 75 so no issues there.

It's a nice piece, congrats.

subzero

Sith Lord
weasel said:
My first thought when I saw the 50 grade was that it must have a cracked bubble. That's AFA's default grade if you submit a cracked bubble, but looking at the sub grades the bubble gets an 75 so no issues there.

It's a nice piece, congrats.

Hmm did not know that about the default grade, also thanks mate i'm very chuffed with it. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom