Toy Toni Boba Fett....

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I would say that's a legit used cardback based on the prong gaps at the bottom and the strength of the seal

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
That cardback was factory sealed. Whether a cardback is a Toni or not is a pretty moot point. It's just a cardback. Tonis ones will have minimal bubble imprint on them.

Jason

Robstyley

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Whether a cardback is a Toni or not is a pretty moot point. It's just a cardback.

Well that's your opinion. It doesn't really matter, I was just curious to know what I had. I'm not convinced cos the seal is weak but if it was originally factory sealed then I stand corrected :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The bubble has taken almost all of the print off with it. If you look at opened Toni's, they practically fall off without leaving a mark. I agree with Jason's point that both are legit cardbacks.

subzero

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
The bubble has taken almost all of the print off with it. If you look at opened Toni's, they practically fall off without leaving a mark. I agree with Jason's point that both are legit cardbacks.

And then people are spending up to 4 figures + for a TT with a very weak seal that will most likely fall apart much sooner than a real one, the 'market value' on them just baffles me!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I sometimes imagine all of the unfortunate unsuspecting people over the years in shock at the sight of the bubble falling off frantically trying to reattach it where the glue has given up the ghost.

MarkG

Jedi Master
bosk70 said:
I sometimes imagine all of the unfortunate unsuspecting people over the years in shock at the sight of the bubble falling off frantically trying to reattach it where the glue has given up the ghost.

I'm gutted for all the collectors that bought these back in the day, and hope that the bubbles don't fall off.. However, to all those that have bought recently (since the scandal broke), and paid stupid money, then I do hope they all fall off..

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I remember Jason Joiner saying in the original Toy Toni thread that the early ones in the 80s were so badly sealed they were basically being sold as loose figures :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Much rather do this than a TT

This will be the way I go :D

( pic is GW acrylic..hope you don't mind Fuzzybuzzytoys)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 892

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the Toytoni scandal?
I've been off the radar for about 3-4 years and remember the revelations about the faked sealed 45's etc ...and that other well respected collectors (not naming names) might of had their snout in the trough too.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I have to be honest, I really like my TTs! The story makes it far more interesting than a boring shop bought Fett!

MarkG

Jedi Master
kingshearer said:
Robstyley said:
In fact what do people think? Toni, yay or nay?

image.jpg

I can see a triangular imprint at the bottom, is that not a sign of the classic TT 'iron' technique.

The triangular imprint on TT is very distinct as he only used narrow double stem bubbles and couldn't get the point of the iron in fully.
That one is the wider double stem and the seal is more rectangle... hence not a TT card.

lejackal

Grand Master
From edd_jedis collection, I've had to crop the image from a group shot but hopefully you can see what I mean

Attachments

• D4741C5C-97A8-4BB7-A72B-C3EDC5F9C2D5.jpeg
    D4741C5C-97A8-4BB7-A72B-C3EDC5F9C2D5.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 198

MarkG

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
MarkG said:
This one shows the lack of adhesion imprint on a TT and the triangle 'point'

20160721_211934.jpg

Is that not a Trilogo bubble example?

Don't think so as you can clearly see part of the 'triangle' iron mark which goes between the stems. Trilogo would have a seal all the way round.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom