Fake SW collectors?

wrighty

Sith Lord
Well, if you followed recent drama of the SW Battles group discussion, non-collectors won items and try to resell them at market price, is that a fake collector taking advantage of the lottery system to make money from true collectors? :?

spoons

Grand Master
wrighty said:
Well, if you followed recent drama of the SW Battles group discussion, non-collectors won items and try to resell them at market price, is that a fake collector taking advantage of the lottery system to make money from true collectors? :?

They aren't fake collectors in my eyes. They are not collectors at all, closer to investors taking advantage of a crazy market.

Pretending they wanted the item and then selling it is a different matter, and that's what I'd call fake

Neither situation is great :(

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Not collecting but still Star Wars related. There used to be a site called supershadow and the guy used to claim he was pals with Lucas and upload plot details for episode III, VII, VIII and IX, as well as uploading photos of models he claimed were girlfriends.

He even has his own wookiepedia page if anyones interested

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SuperShadow

subzero

Sith Lord
starshipriot said:
Not collecting but still Star Wars related. There used to be a site called supershadow and the guy used to claim he was pals with Lucas and upload plot details for episode III, VII, VIII and IX, as well as uploading photos of models he claimed were girlfriends.

He even has his own wookiepedia page if anyones interested

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SuperShadow

Interesting little read, never heard of that guy before, some people are completely delusional and love to pretend to people that they're 'a somebody' when they're not.

I knew a guy like that from school, the lies he used to come out with were laughable, like when he told everyone for months he had a small cameo part in the 2nd matrix film ( before it was being filmed ), this guy was well known as a complete douche by everybody, used to say he'd been with all these different girls when he never actually did. And nearly 20 years later I added him on facebook and lowe and behold he hadn't changed at all, constantly posting **** about crazy things he's done trying to make himself sound like some celebrity, did a post once saying he found out he's a direct descendant from Spartans lol ( funny how he said this only weeks after the film 300 was out ), and posted once that he was in talks with Channel 4 about making his own TV program about his life and said it was due to air on 'x-date' and it never happened lmao. I called him out on it on one of his status' for everyone to see and he blocked me. :lol:

Sad part is all the hundreds of his 'friends' didn't actually know him in real life and believed everything he said, replying to his posts saying congratulations and all that ****, quite entertaining to watch actually. :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Is this not a sad reflection in our society and the constant need (mainly the young) for fame and instant gratification! :?
Sad really... :cry:

Starrider

Youngling
As owner of a sci fi/comic shop for the last 20 years, I have come across a lot of people over the years who claim to have rare items usually large collections of original carded Star Wars figures supposedly never touched in pristine condition but produce zero evidence they have them. Usually they say they want to sell them and will bring them in to show me. In every instance without fail I've never heard anything again. Its pretty obvious that either they dont have the items at all or at best only have played with loose ones. Quite what they get out of claiming to have these collections I'm not sure, as obviously I'm not going to part with any cash till I've seen them. I think in some naive way they think it impresses me.

subzero

Sith Lord
Starrider said:
As owner of a sci fi/comic shop for the last 20 years, I have come across a lot of people over the years who claim to have rare items usually large collections of original carded Star Wars figures supposedly never touched in pristine condition but produce zero evidence they have them. Usually they say they want to sell them and will bring them in to show me. In every instance without fail I've never heard anything again. Its pretty obvious that either they dont have the items at all or at best only have played with loose ones. Quite what they get out of claiming to have these collections I'm not sure, as obviously I'm not going to part with any cash till I've seen them. I think in some naive way they think it impresses me.

I think that's partly where it comes from in these people, it's a need to 'fit in' with society by trying to impress others by pretending to be on the same level or better. Kind of how you get that one neighbour that everyone has heard of keeping up with the Jones', who wants everything his neighbour has or better and just can't take it when the neighbours have something that he doesn't. :lol:

Some people go further than that though and full on put themselves out there and make a 'career' out of it lol, because in their head they wanna be seen as the no.1 top dog who's better than everyone else, they know they can't achieve it but they want it so bad they just fake it and feed people complete bullshit even when it sounds like obvious lies to everyone else. Some can take it very far and tbh it's quite dangerous and a bit creepy, iv'e met a couple of people like this over the years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom