Frank, Please come back to the Forum

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think it is sad that Frank have left the forum. As I understand, it is because some people is angry at him because he have uncovered a lot of fake baggies. So I started this thread in hope many more members will write some support in it so Frank can see a lot of us want and hope that he will come back to the forum. The forum is for help, sharing and to have fun with each other.

First TT was uncovered, now fake baggies have been uncovered. All real collectors should be happy with that so they do not buy fake items, just like a lot of repro weapons have been uncovered.

So Frank please come back to the forum :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah well done Lars, I think Frank will return to the forum at some point. Although I don't no him, it seems to me that he is going through a ruff time with life in general. We've all been in a situation where Star Wars has to take a back seat for a while.

Frank knows he has a lot of support on this forum. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Yeah well done Lars, I think Frank will return to the forum at some point. Although I don't no him, it seems to me that he is going through a ruff time with life in general. We've all been in a situation where Star Wars has to take a back seat for a while.

Frank knows he has a lot of support on this forum. :)

I am glad that you think it is a great idea :D I hope you will not be the only one :wink: :lol: I have talked with frank many times on the forum and he have helped me a lot with some great info about star wars, he is a really great guy :D So I just thought it was sad that he have left the forum because some was angry at him. I did not know he is going to a ruff time with his life, it has been a long time since I last talked with frank :(

I am glad to read, that frank knows he has a lot of support on this forum, so that is also why I hope a lot of members will write some support for him in this thread :D

I also hope frank will see the thread and come back to the forum in the future :wink:

I dont collect baggies but have followed the fake baggie scandal and Im sad at the treatment Frank received for exposing this. Fakers need to be called out and anyone protecting the interests of this community needs to be thanked IMO. So thank you Lars for giving me this opportunity to do so.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I also hope Frank comes back to the Forum. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and respected Forum member and it will be a huge loss if he doesn't return :-(.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
One of the reasons he hasn't been around here is that he has had to deal with moving home and I think may still be in the throes of it, so i'm sure he will still pop in here from time to time.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Frank is going through lots of stuff including a move. I know he was really hit by the baggie scandal, and really by some of the treatment from here and the community.
I hope that Frank will POp back in, as we need as many Franks in life as we can get, his knowledge in regard to baggies his input to the forum and the wider hobby is something we simply cannot afford to lose, and he is a salt of the earth guy and one top fella :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I didn't join the forum until well after the baggie scandal and knew little of collectors and the collecting community, if truth be told. But from reading the many threads on here it is clear that Frank is one of the most knowledgeable, well respected and well loved collectors in the hobby.

I have been collecting for a while (slowly mind you) and mostly through eBay. Discovering the forum has been like opening a door to a whole new world, one in which the sense of friendship and community, coupled with knowledge and learning are as important (if not more so), than the toys and other items that we love and collect.

I read the baggiegate threads with much interest. The toys we collect are valuable and where there is money to be made there will always be people who are willing to exploit others to get what they want. Similarly, the toys matter greatly to us and so stir up emotions and divide opinion.

I hope with time Frank will be able to put behind him some of the heat of the moment anger directed towards him and come to realise that there is still so much love in the community for him and the hobby itself. The community misses him and is lesser without him.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
So well summed up by Jabbawookie.
I have never spoken to Frank, but it's obvious that he's a great knowledgeable guy, with many friends on here that miss his input.
I hope that he can soon find time in his busy life to contribute here again, looking forward to reading his posts.

lejackal

Grand Master
I know you're busy buddy but there are a ton of good people on here that would love you back. Good luck with the house hunting.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Forum's like this rely on the more knowledgeable members to give helpful advice from time to time and as such they should be valued, I've had an interest in star wars most of my life but have nowhere near the level of knowledge demonstrated on here by Frank and others over and over again, it would be a much duller and less fulfilling place without Frank and others like him.

MarkG

Jedi Master
It's very tough to find guys that have a specific area of expertise.

Guys like Frank and his baggies, Jason with the Palitoy and TT side, Gary with Palitoy & Bill McBride with Vader just for starters.

If it wasn't for these guys we'd be stuffed basically as what they have brought to the hobby is priceless.

We need these guys... and the lack of Frank on these boards is leaving a huge gap... please come back... we need you.

Merrion

Padawan
I endorse the call for franks return .

Anyone who provides information to fellow collectors of potential fakes and can demonstrate as such , warrants a special thanks for providing a vital service to the community.

There is only one way to avoid criticism
Do nothing
Say nothing and
Be nothing.

Frank took a brave path and I salute you for it.

Secret Santa

Jedi Knight
We miss you Frank!!!!

06733f63c03ce623027507522fe8bc63.jpg

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
I also add my toes behind the Return of the Frank - ROTF.

Come back to us Frank, you are our only hope (with baggies and anything Power Droid related...)!!

Pat

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hi guys

It's been a while I know & I really appreciate all the kind words of support, think you all know SWF has been my collecting home for as long as I can remember, but after that thread I was just not feeling the homely feel round here & needed a serious break away from it.

I see non of those who were rather rude in that thread have bothered to put on their big boy pants/swallow their pride & comment on this thread in ways of an apology, but I did not expect it either so no great shock to the system there :lol:

I have popped on now & then to have a look at the odd post in my absence but think it high time I start working on putting the baggie guide back into some kind of order after photobucket doing what they did, so made a start just now & have the first 4 sections done, though putting it right is most likely going to be almost as difficult are doing it in the first place as I can't even save the images one by one as I am rewriting it, so it's all most time consuming & will mean ferreting through 100's of images for each one needing adding, so please bear with me I will be dong my best with what time I have, suffice to say it will be some time before order is restored, couple that with the fact I am limited to 10 images per post, means I am looking at a fair few 100 hours work just to get the main guide back up to speed, then will work on each of the others one at a time.

I also have some very stressful times on my hands right now with a pending house move & nowhere in sight to get moved to, but fingers crossed something will materialize in the fullness of time, sadly due to it my entire collection is packed in the seemingly endless sea of cardboard boxes & I have had to let many of my non baggie related items go as it's likely I am looking at a substantial downsize in accommodation, I am determined to keep all my baggies & baggie related items even if I have to share a bloody bed with them though :lol:

I will endeavor to become more involved with the forum again as the days & weeks go by, but no doubt most of the time I get free will end up being eaten up by the reconstruction of the guide.

Feels good to be posting again though regardless guys - I miss you to ;)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Let me be the first to welcome you back to the forum Frank and it is great news to hear that you are working on restoring the baggie guide, as the photobucket fixes many have applied just don't work on an iPad. Hope there is light at the end of the tunnel with the house move. In the meantime sleeping with your Star Wars figures isn't all bad :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom