Rocket firing Fett???

subzero

Sith Lord
Is this the real deal?, the bids seem to show it is...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-rocket-firing-Boba-Fett-vintage/263308841285?hash=item3d4e6e1145:g:eek:wQAAOSw1NFaA1or

subzero

Sith Lord
Wow, didn't think to look at his other items, it's a very good clean custom job someone has done on it too if it's a custom.

But why on earth is there so many bids on it?

Palifan

Sith Lord
The paint job looks amazingly accurate but I've no idea if people have been able to get a dead match for the colours for years. Maybe it's an original Fett with a custom rocket firing mechanism?

It does look very good but I'm sure anyone who has any knowledge about these rocket firing prototypes would be able to tell straight away. It is going for a lot of money but if this was the real thing the experts out there would have bumped this price right up by now .

Let's see what it ends up going for in a couple of hours.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
The paint job looks amazingly accurate but I've no idea if people have been able to get a dead match for the colours for years. Maybe it's an original Fett with a custom rocket firing mechanism?

It does look very good but I'm sure anyone who has any knowledge about these rocket firing prototypes would be able to tell straight away. It is going for a lot of money but if this was the real thing the experts out there would have bumped this price right up by now .

Let's see what it ends up going for in a couple of hours.

Ian

Surly if this was a genuine rocket firing Fett, this would not be on eBay!

Lindo

Sith Lord
he relisted it so one would assume that the buyer has realised that it is probably a fake and told him to **** off, either that or he has 2 exactly the same

subzero

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
he relisted it so one would assume that the buyer has realised that it is probably a fake and told him to **** off, either that or he has 2 exactly the same

What a weird one, says in the description he relisted it due to a time waster, with that much of a high bid involved you'd think he'd just send second chance offers to the next bidders instead of wasting another 10 days.... :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thinking about it I have a rocket Fett that looks the same as this one. I bought it years ago, a short while before hasbro released their version of this figure. It was on a sealed card back and had a die cut section on the back of the card that could be popped out so you could see the rocket firing mechanism. It may well have been a Poon job, I can't remember but I know it was before he started putting out those all blue rubbery rocket Fett's that came in a box.

I'm thinking this could be one of those sealed Fett's I have that's been opened as it was really well made and I don't think any loose ones were made like this. Just a thought but it seems so unlikely that this listed one would be for real. As a side note I have seen rocket Fett's up on eBay but they're always graded and come with a huge BIN, maybe one did get sold by mistake back in the early days of eBay but I doubt if something like that could happen now a days with the amount of people trawling through eBay every day.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Tarkin's nosehair said:
I dont think it would be too hard to take the torso of one figure and parts of another to create this if you get my drift :wink:

True enough.

Ian

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
:shock: :eek:
subzero said:
Is this the real deal?, the bids seem to show it is...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-rocket-firing-Boba-Fett-vintage/263308841285?hash=item3d4e6e1145:g:eek:wQAAOSw1NFaA1or

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Thinking about it I have a rocket Fett that looks the same as this one. I bought it years ago, a short while before hasbro released their version of this figure. It was on a sealed card back and had a die cut section on the back of the card that could be popped out so you could see the rocket firing mechanism. It may well have been a Poon job, I can't remember but I know it was before he started putting out those all blue rubbery rocket Fett's that came in a box.

I'm thinking this could be one of those sealed Fett's I have that's been opened as it was really well made and I don't think any loose ones were made like this. Just a thought but it seems so unlikely that this listed one would be for real. As a side note I have seen rocket Fett's up on eBay but they're always graded and come with a huge BIN, maybe one did get sold by mistake back in the early days of eBay but I doubt if something like that could happen now a days with the amount of people trawling through eBay every day.

Ian

Ian is right on this one, me too remembering the carded Fett with the die cut section. Nice one, sadly I didn't buy that one at that time... :cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom