Charity shop find this morning :)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
So it went from bad to good

I looked at the figures again last night and c3po's right arm had snapped and was held on with blu tack, I've managed to push the broken bit that was stuck through from the other side so if anyone has a spare arm laying around please let me know.

And to the good bit, I went back to the charity shop and spoke to the lady who I bought the figures from yesterday and asked if she had anymore out the back, she said that there was another bag they went through that had some corgi cars in and a load of Lego and a few more 'action figures' told her I wasn't interested in the Lego or corgi but was hoping what she called a few more action figures to be Star Wars and I was right!

6 more stiff minty figures without weapons, she remembered I bought the others yesterday and only charged me £20 this time. The Luke x-wing has a raised bar and the leia hoth has no coo (don't know if that's anything special) anyway I asked about the weapons and she didn't have a clue what I was on about

Very happy with this bunch, Christmas has come early for me

Attachments

• DD25A102-EB70-4362-806F-5D2824A7C4D2.jpeg
    DD25A102-EB70-4362-806F-5D2824A7C4D2.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 532
  • 90678CD2-5DF6-47F0-B729-31D3B17D7C75.jpeg
    90678CD2-5DF6-47F0-B729-31D3B17D7C75.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 535

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Amazing find..... :eek: glad to see they are still out there...if you are lucky. Most charity shops these days are Google savy and check there prices against ebay..or the volunteers nab them out the back...but I suppose they need to really know the name of each figure to get a true value. Once found a General Lando in a a shop, they new he had some value as he was in the sacred glass cabinet at the front under carefull watch...but at £5 i snaped him up...unfortunately without his palace blaster and cape. Which i still haven't found at the right price...even though I wanted a complete one, oh well he was still a nice find.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations Andrew, another six amazing condition figures.
But I thought you were selling up!?!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:

I was, I did but couldn't say no to this lot and feel like I have the bug once again

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
Mini99 said:

I was, I did but couldn't say no to this lot and feel like I have the bug once again

I know, once you get the bug it's difficult to shake off.
Good luck in putting together your new run, let it happen, don't chase it...

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
pizzathehutt said:
Mini99 said:

I know, once you get the bug it's difficult to shake off.
Good luck in putting together your new run, let it happen, don't chase it...

I will from now on, thank you!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice one, Andy! What a great follow up.....but did you root through the Lego?! These are tooooo nice to be weaponless! Surely, in that box of bricks there has to be the armoury. If the Lego is from the same era as the figures you won't go far wrong buying it anyway, particularly if is space themed Lego. I'd go back and pick it up. Worst case you're bound to get at least what you paid for it :)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
bosk70 said:
Great pick ups, always worth asking if they have anymore out the back :) you never know :D (in the sacred back room, once saw some vintage annuals and after chatting got invited into the hallowed back room to see the rest ended up buying about 25 that day, :lol: ) never seen vintage in a charity shop for years

you've got me wondering now

I'm going to pop back and ask on the way home from work this afternoon

Very happy for you, its always worth an ask they can only say no, the annuals I got were in very good condition and from one donation, sad story the donors son had passed away and was a collector, the shop was happy to sell them to me for a very fair price, when they knew I was not selling them on for profit and the plus is its going to a good cause. What were the cars like, love a vintage corgi :?:
A fun find in the wild can reinvigorate the collecting bug :)

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Completely agree with above, the weapons could well be in with the lego. Most lego of that era that turns up in the wild tends to have a star wars accessory or two mixed in with it.

plantainman

Jedi Master
Walked in a charity shop the other day and they had a loose beater general Madine in there, Listed for £4.

I had a little chuckle to myself thinking of how this guy used to go unsold on ebay, often complete in C9 condition for 99p over and over again lol

How times change. :D

stormcab

Sith Lord
Dropped some stuff off at a very large charity shop out my way, asked if they ever get any old star wars toys. Nope. 99% of people know, or think they knows it's valuable

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Makes sense as most parents donating old toys that their kids (of the 70's - 80's) played with most likely alrready did so in the 90's - 00's (kids by then might be later teens - mid-20's and no longer interested). I remember seeing tubs of vintage figures and loose vehicles in charity/junk shops regularly in the early - mid 90's.

What you get occasionally thesee dsys is more elderly people (same generation just 20 years older) downsizing to smaller properties in their retirement / death of a spouse, and finally clearing their attics of 'junk'. Their grandchildren (if they have any) may not be interested/asked so it would possibly end up in a charity shop / car boot / etc but obviously much less often.

To further muddy the waters and reduce the slim chance even further, consider that if a grandparent said to a young grandchild in 2017, "I think I have your dad's old star wars toys in the attic" it would likely strike with more resonance that if that conversation had been had 10-15 years ago.

It's extremely rare these days but does still happen as seen here (found alongside vintage lego and corgi - same era - to theory stacks up).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom