Latest Modern Acquisitions

chiffy

Sith Lord
I dont know why but its taken me an absolute age to get hold of a mint unopened Boga! Finally! And when i saw the Saleucami double speeder pack i couldnt resist for the price.

lh9I8N6.jpg

Russ J

Jedi Master
That Boga looks cool as fook chiffster 8) ...

I don't have any ROTS vehicles/creature sets only the carded figures....must look into maybe buying some pending prices though....

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Where did you find all of them?! Can't seem to find any. Got a Death Trooper from HB the other day, but that was it. The R1 Stormie has got to be just about the best Stormie sculpt.

Russ J

Jedi Master
Received my 2 Ebay buys yesterday...Both Episode One figures...Battle Droids (clean figure and the shot figure) there are 4 variants of the Battle Droid...Clean..Dirty..Shot..Sliced (basically the same figure with different paintwork)...
Also picked up a minty Dark Trooper from the Expanded Universe line up (need 3 more to finish this small line up)...

Also received both of the Rogue One 'pre-orders' from Star Action as well...Fenn Rau and the Shoretrooper/Biston two pack...shame I didn't no about Colins Home Bargains Fenn Rau pick up...that would have been cheaper I bet...still never mind i've got it know...

Attachments

• 20171125_093151.jpg
    20171125_093151.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 562
  • 20171125_103842.jpg
    20171125_103842.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 20171125_093110.jpg
    20171125_093110.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 564
  • 20171125_093135.jpg
    20171125_093135.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 563
  • 20171125_093207.jpg
    20171125_093207.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 564

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
My Fenn Rau came from Star Action figures as well - I put it next to the other two (£2.99) home bargain figures to tease my fellow modern collectors - I'm such a prick :lol:

lambis500

Padawan
db94 said:
My Fenn Rau came from Star Action figures as well - I put it next to the other two (£2.99) home bargain figures to tease my fellow modern collectors - I'm such a prick :lol:

I thought I saw FENN RAU in the pic! & I thought 'it can't be,not at bricks & mortar' As I struggled to get a pre-order...But mine did turn up on Wednesday (via star action).I didn't even see the Thrawn wave on the pegs down here,Had to get him (normal not the badge variant) online.Thought i was just being unlucky......Ha Ha got me :D

Russ J

Jedi Master
:lol: you had me there Colin....saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they did get them in at some point...they did with the TFA Admiral Ackbar...that was rocking horse **** to find at the time obviously Ebay inflated price ones were plentyful also The Fifth Brother and Tasu Leech were hard but again Home Bargains got them in at the great price of £2.99 8)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ever since seeing Stratpack's run of large photo EU release POTF cards I've been looking to complete a run myself. It's taken over 14 months to find the 9 cards but I've eventually got there. The Rebel Commando could do with upgrading as has a little wear on the card and slight dent on bubble, but I'm tight and not paying the £18 someone wants on eBay :lol: I'll pick one up at auction for less. I've averaged about £11 or £12 a card including postage.

The ERG was by far the hardest. Grant put me on to one with bubble crush which I bought only to find a mint one within 24 hours!

No doubt this photo will show the wrong way up. Whichever way I take it it always ends up the wrong way....

IMG_0942.JPG

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Ever since seeing Stratpack's run of large photo EU release POTF cards I've been looking to complete a run myself. It's taken over 14 months to find the 9 cards but I've eventually got there. The Rebel Commando could do with upgrading as has a little wear on the card and slight dent on bubble, but I'm tight and not paying the £18 someone wants on eBay :lol: I'll pick one up at auction for less. I've averaged about £11 or £12 a card including postage.

The ERG was by far the hardest. Grant put me on to one with bubble crush which I bought only to find a mint one within 24 hours!

No doubt this photo will show the wrong way up. Whichever way I take it it always ends up the wrong way....

IMG_0942.JPG

Glad you finished the set mate, I love seeing a full run together like that. :D Warms the cockles of my heart! :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
stratpack said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

IMG_0942.JPG

Glad you finished the set mate, I love seeing a full run together like that. :D Warms the cockles of my heart! :lol:

Cheers mate! You were my inspiration! :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:

IMG_0942.JPG

I never saw those back in the day.
Were they released at the same time as the POTF 2 figures?
When you say EU was it only a few countries or all of the EU?
Do you know why did the UK not get these?
Sorry for all the questions, but they look great together.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

IMG_0942.JPG

I never saw those back in the day.
Were they released at the same time as the POTF 2 figures?
When you say EU was it only a few countries or all of the EU?
Do you know why did the UK not get these?
Sorry for all the questions, but they look great together.

As I understand it from Stratpack, these came out at the end of the Green Card run and immediately before Freeze Frames. Whilst they were available across Europe it seems the only one that made it over here was the Luke Bespin. Why that is or why these figures were chosen is a mystery. All of mine other than Luke have come from France and Germany except the Snowtrooper which came from the US.

I think that this is the only way you can get Luke Bespin, the Ewoks and Endor Rebel Soldier on non-Freeze Frame cards. Which adds to the mystery: why choose these figures? 6 that had appeared on regular green cards and three new to the Freeze Frame series?

I certainly never saw them until SP showed off his mint set. I just love the large photos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom