Palitoy Vinyl Caped Jawa?!

Darthgulliver

Padawan
I asked the guy for a viewing before bidding as some of the items are so rare. Never offered and additional pictures or a viewing just told me to do one basically.

subzero

Sith Lord
Darthgulliver said:
I asked the guy for a viewing before bidding as some of the items are so rare. Never offered and additional pictures or a viewing just told me to do one basically.

The guy is a complete moron!, doesn't even have the items for sale, very strange!

I also don't buy into him saying he's selling them on behalf of clients on facebook, people can sell these things themselves if that's the case or at least let a proper auction house sell them for them with such high value items. And also what's already been mentioned here that those carded VCJ images are taken from a previous Vectis auction page, so it's not even the actual item apparently being sold.

The whole thing stinks!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great work, is it just me or is there more and more sales on ebay that get cancelled ? :? to me it looks like some rich people is making some big offers and then the items are gone from the auction :? I have seen a lot of vintage star wars lots gone from ebay with no bidding lately.

Now this one is also gone https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Star-Wars-ESB-Kenner-1982-SHELF-TALKER-Store-Display-Previously-Used-/292352290843?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=ZBY5dTtgvFofW%252BMBNlKYQIhwS2E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 :? what the **** is going on :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Great work, is it just me or is there more and more sales on ebay that get cancelled ? :? to me it looks like some rich people is making some big offers and then the items are gone from the auction :? I have seen a lot of vintage star wars lots gone from ebay with no bidding lately.

Now this one is also gone https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Star-Wars-ESB-Kenner-1982-SHELF-TALKER-Store-Display-Previously-Used-/292352290843?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=ZBY5dTtgvFofW%252BMBNlKYQIhwS2E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 :? what the **** is going on :?

Iv'e noticed it too, iv'e noticed it much more with nice condition pop up saber R2's, I stick it in my watch list to see what it goes for and after a few hours or a day or so it's ended and never relisted. Buyers are negotiating deals and cutting ahead of the competition to make sure they get hold of it. :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

Iv'e noticed it too, iv'e noticed it much more with nice condition pop up saber R2's, I stick it in my watch list to see what it goes for and after a few hours or a day or so it's ended and never relisted. Buyers are negotiating deals and cutting ahead of the competition to make sure they get hold of it. :?

I think you are right, I have been looking at many lots just to see what they sell for and then they get cancelled and never reslisted :shock:

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
eBay changed its user policy recently to say that they will ban anyone who tries to contact sellers or buy items outside the eBay platform. I am now reporting auctions that end early like this, asking eBay to investigate. If an item is offered for auction then it should run its course - the seller always has the option to offer a BIN if they want to consider an early sale.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I have never understood why there is a "contact the seller" link on the sales page.
Surly if you want to ask a question it should be visable for all to see in the questions box, and no a private message?
Would this not reduce the amount of back door deals?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I have never understood why there is a "contact the seller" link on the sales page.
Surly if you want to ask a question it should be visable for all to see in the questions box, and no a private message?
Would this not reduce the amount of back door deals?

The seller always has the option of making any correspondence public on their auction if they want to or keep it private.

Back door sales are all part of this modern era of buying and selling - you win some, you lose some. Ultimately, it's down to the seller who he sells to and for how much IMO.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes, you are right, at the end of the day it's the sellers item and they can can do with it as they like.
It is now part of the modern selling world, if it's meant to be it will be! :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom