PBP Rebel Soldier

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Did anyone win anything of his tonight?
A lot of stunning figures, and some eye watering prices to go with them. :shock:
I can honestly say that I was out of the running by last Monday on all that I put bids on...

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
No priced out of everything. Only just missed out on the Luke Bespin blonde but he wasn't that minty, and the PBP Snowtrooper and Han Hoth.

But some things were astronomical like the PBP Luke X-Wing which I'm sure doesn't normally make even £100. :shock:

Palifan

Sith Lord
643 for a pop up R2 and 382 for a hollow tubes sand person, what on earth has the world of vintage Star Wars come to?!

It's all gone crazy I tell you :shock: !!!

Ian

subzero

Sith Lord
I only had my eye on the AT-AT driver but for the price it went for I passed on it, I can prob get it near mint like that from another seller for less than half what it went for.

And that R5D4 going for £100 with postage, wow! :eek:

Astronomical prices for the most part, this guy could prob make a living buying NM figures at the going rate from other sellers and then flip them in his auctions for a good profit.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Usual story of this guy's stuff going for well, well over market price. I'm sure he'll be listing more of the same in the next month or two.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I suspect that the large majority of what sold yesterday will be off to the "grading factory"!

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I suspect that the large majority of what sold yesterday will be off to the "grading factory"!

Ahh yeah that's a good point, graded collectors are more likely to pay a high premium to get hold of that desirable 85 or 90 grade.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Mini99 said:

Ahh yeah that's a good point, graded collectors are more likely to pay a high premium to get hold of that desirable 85 or 90 grade.

I guess if a seller has been describing stuff as mint, and the grading guys have been buying it to grade, and it does hit high grades, they are going to pay a premium on the sellers items based on trusting his description. One mans "it's in mint condition mate" is another mans ****, and vice versa.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
subzero said:
Mini99 said:

I guess if a seller has been describing stuff as mint, and the grading guys have been buying it to grade, and it does hit high grades, they are going to pay a premium on the sellers items based on trusting his description. One mans "it's in mint condition mate" is another mans ****, and vice versa.

I have actually seen quite a few ebay listings where sellers state in excellent near mint condition, then I look at it and it's dirty and paint worn lol, :lol: and ones where the seller says it's 'minty' when it just isn't, Or even worse is when it genuinely does look minty but the seller says the limbs are good, only to find out when you receive it it has a loose floppy arm or leg. :evil:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
There's a thread discussing him on Jabba's Court discussing the possibility of shill bidding as a large percentage of the bids were placed and or won by the same bidder... worth a read.
There was a similar one on here a while ago too. Wouldn't surprise me one bit; his stuff has been selling massively over market value for a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom