New Trilogy & Live Action TV Show Announced!

subzero

Sith Lord
I spent half my life hoping and waiting for more Star Wars and now it's finally happening, i'd been dreaming about new films for 10 years until TPM was released, then once ROTS was here I thought that might have been it forever, then we waited another 10 years for TFA so that's 20 years I spent wondering and hoping, like most of us I assume. Now it seems there's going to be a new film every year cannon or spin-off and we've all basically got what we wanted, how often does that happen?.. You couldn't even get the original trilogy on DVD for several years, the only way you could experience it was on 90's VHS, now we have lots of new SW everywhere and I couldn't be happier.

I understand though where some fans are coming from, in the 90's I always dreamed about new films but at the same time it kind of made the original trilogy feel more sacred if you know what I mean, it was treasured much more because that's all people had for nearly 20 years, and more and more films do somewhat water that down. But as a kid i'd have loved more films back then, so kids today are very lucky if they love SW, and at least I still get to experience it too and love these new films now as an adult.

So more Star Wars please and lots of it, don't let it end! :)

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
SAVORY100 said:
I think it's a very odd idea that Mr. Tie could have a "strong impression that children don't care much about Star Wars at all". I have to ask are you actually a hermit? I really don't want to go around calling people out, but I'm really not sure how one of teh greatest cultural phenomenons in movie history, that has set the benchmark for merchandising and fan exploitation, has a dozen spin offs, TV shows and computer games (some with their own franchises) has managed to somehow stay frozen in time for you and you alone.

may be I do you a disservice and I've missed the irony/joke somewhere in the thread - sorry if i have...

Everywhere I go I see kids wearing, carrying or waving around Star Wars merchandise, to me it's really obvious that kids love the films as they get under your feet, rustling pick n mix and popcorn loudly through the cinema viewings every time its on... Jeez, even the last two midnight showings I went to for R1 and TFA had a bunch of kids in (my own Son included); certainly not an adult only affair.

I think it's perfect, generation after generation carrying on the love of the wonderful made-up childish nonsense we all fell in love with at 7 years old (insert own age reference) and that it, means something to them too.

I am not a hermit at all, although I wish I could be one like Obi Wan Kenobi :lol: You don't know me personally, so don't offend me in this way, please... Let me get one thing clear: where I live children really don't care about Star Wars at all. I visit a lot of local toy shops and the stuff doesn't sell. I have a young nephew who had watched TFA with his friends, but after seeing the movie they didn't care anymore and left the franchise for what it is. I understand that some of you guys don't want to believe any of this and I think it is a regional phenomenon in my case. So hey, I don't share your experience on this matter. I also don't share the opinion that SW is "one of the greatest cultural phenomenons in movie history", because it isn't :shock: Like for example Lord of the Rings is just a story about the battle between good and evil. SW is a mixture of a Buck Rogers rip off with some historical WW2 battles. Dark Side being nazis of course, Japanese influences (yes, the sabers) and some funny droids to make it go smooth. I like it, yes I really do, and I had hoped it would have ended with only just the OT. Why? Because more is often really less... George Lucas made this moment in time a classic and that is how I experience it. I don't give a **** about next generations. You don't want to watch Back to the Future number 4 with dry eyes, do you? I understand that some of you have children watching the new stuff and that you experience joy about this. I don't, I am just a lonely ' hermit' living in a dump hole on Tatooine...

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Just took a quick look at the Top 5000 best selling books in the UK and note the following stats for this week:

- 36 titles with Star Wars in the title are on the list
- Those 36 sold a cumulative 46,844 units
- 4 titles were in the top 100 bestselling books for the week (29,444 units cum.)
- 22 of the 36 were Children's books (41,602 units)

I'd say it's a kid's film franchise, aimed at kids and is actually very well supported by kids

In fact the adult portion of Star Wars books sold in the UK top 5000 best sellers was only 11.19%

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah my 5 year old son has got the full range of education book's maths, reading and phonics. He also loves the Star Wars books aimed at adults and of course the Lego Star Wars story books. Amazing for kids to be growing up these days with Star Wars so accessible to them, I'm jealous.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
Star Wars is the best fun and if you ask me, fun should have ended in 1983. The audacity of people enjoying themselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom