Din I get conned selling

choffialoopa

Padawan
Aye to that Peekaygee, and I agree to summary.

My interest got peaked again by browsing through posts here and finding it both "legit" to still tinker with toys at our age, and the enthusiasm it spurred in people here.

I envisioned it beeing a nice and relaxing hobby to slowly build a collection from C3-C6 versions of the figures and working my way towards a MMOC collection on 12 backs - 21 backs etc. (look I am learning tid-bids about the collectors language).

I will never get there but the journey will be lifelong and I hope to meet nice people from UK /Scandinavia /rest of Europe.
I already bid on a few items.

Cronker

Padawan
If, as you say, the person you sold to is a collector and admin of a collector site, there is little doubt that he already has at least one example of everything in that lot. Therefore it is a no-brainer that he is going to flip some.
The fact that you had two General Landos there shows that even with just a couple of sales, he will make his money back and more.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You were a tad naive to allow the buyer to dictate the price, and that's being diplomatic. But feel free to share his name as I'm 100% sure he knew what he was doing.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
No offence but if you ask me, the guy knew that the figures were worth way more then £300 and just played dumb and though right will try to get this lot for next to nothing. Have see it so many times at Toy fairs and car boot sales.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
No offence but if you ask me, the guy knew that the figures were worth way more then £300 and just played dumb and though right will try to get this lot for next to nothing. Have see it so many times at Toy fairs and car boot sales.

OMG you reckon?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to get up early to trick you eh?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
jedisearcher said:
StarWarsFan said:

OMG you reckon?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to get up early to trick you eh?

:| very funny, just didn't want to sound rude thats all.

subzero

Sith Lord
Cummon OP!....

spill.jpg

yoda

Sith Lord
He said he drove to meet the admin guy, and talked about European prices. Maybe the admin guy is also Scandinavian.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Still don't get it.

spill the beans
phrase of spill
informal
reveal secret information unintentionally or indiscreetly.
synonyms: reveal everything, tell all, give the game away, talk;

subzero

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
StarWarsFan said:
Still don't get it.

spill the beans
phrase of spill
informal
reveal secret information unintentionally or indiscreetly.
synonyms: reveal everything, tell all, give the game away, talk;

Exactamundo! :D

choffialoopa

Padawan
After some negotiations back and forth I got my collection back, minus the vehicles and the bag.

Thank you all for being the "proof of support" that my childhood collection was worth much more.
Especially since I did get inspired to collect again, this whole shinanigan was counterproductive and illogical.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
choffialoopa said:
After some negotiations back and forth I got my collection back, minus the vehicles and the bag.

Thank you all for being the "proof of support" that my childhood collection was worth much more.
Especially since I did get inspired to collect again, this whole shinanigan was counterproductive and illogical.

Glad you got some of it back, why not the weapons and accessories.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
choffialoopa said:

Congratulations, at least a bit of good news.
Now you can start looking to replace the bits and pieces that you now have missing.
Good luck.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Have to say I am utterly confused by this thread :lol:

Not sure what to beleive about any of it. But if it's true that the OP has got the collecting bug then welcome aboard!

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
Have to say I am utterly confused by this thread :lol:

Not sure what to beleive about any of it. But if it's true that the OP has got the collecting bug then welcome aboard!

Mate 100% agree with this. Baffled

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom