Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimOneBee

Hello, I'm Tim

I used to collect vintage (mid 90's to mid 00's), had a small collection of Palitoys (12, 20 and 30 backs) - but sold it all many years ago. The only thing I kept was a loose Power Droid - which I've held onto since the 80s. Recently bought the Meccano Trilogo handbook as a vintage refresher -- great book with lots of variant info (mainly for the trilogos, am not a huge fan of GDE - but do remember my original Leia was on a square card bought from a European holiday in the early 80s - wish I'd kept that one carded!!). Thought I'd register a profile on here as I've been surfing recently and you guys have some great info (am also on RS since the early 00s)

Haven't got a particular collecting focus this time round - think I'll leave the Palitoys alone though after checking some of the recent prices on Vectis!, am surprised how much the market has moved on in the last 10 years, but it's great to see so much interest in the hobby

cheers,

Tim

Taffius

Sith Lord
Known as: Taff
Relationship status: Married
Children: None

Collecting focus: Would like to collect some of my childhood figures (ROTJ) for display on shelves around my man cave. Did have a previous spell of collecting during my mid 30s but sold them off. New films got me nostalgic again!

Modern items appealing but got to focus on what I would like to view whilst chilling in my space. Do not trust popular online auction sites so seeking original and authentic figures even if play worn a bit. Original weapons, etc, a must.

Regrets: Not buying more MOC figures from a car boot stall in WSM during the mid 90s. He had hundreds!

Always open to experienced advice and guidance and joined this forum for such prior to restart.

Taff

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome Taff and all the new members! This Forum is great and the members are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, so stick around and enjoy it! :)

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the forum J1M76, Crumm, Eddie, Timm and Taff :D .
Get envolved, there a right motley crew in here :lol:

stubow22

Hi all!
I'm very new to this so please bear with me! I have one more day off tomorrow before I go back to work after Christmas and plan to start cataloging my vintage figures, ships and other memorabilia. It's all sat in the loft and deserves a good home where someone can appreciate it!
I have a quick question that I'm hoping will help start me off... My dad used to be a lithographic printer, and printed the original cardbacks where he worked. Being the obsessed son, I got any spares given to me! So I have a number (need to check but maybe 15 or 20) of original, unblemished cardbacks. Figures were never mounted on these so there are no rips or tears. I see lots of posts about used and replica cardbacks, but nothing like this - anyone got any thoughts about their desirability/if they'd be of interest to anyone?
Sorry for the ramble!
Cheers, Stu

Paullaura

Padawan
Hey everyone. Had a couple of years off, and now im back into collecting so thought id pop in and say hi.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Paullaura said:
Hey everyone. Had a couple of years off, and now im back into collecting so thought id pop in and say hi.

Welcome buddy, get involved, lots of decent folk on these boards (and a couple of assholes but you learn to ignore them). Enjoy and hope you stick around.

Oracle

Padawan
Hello everyone

I'm male, 43, married with children, living in UK. I have a collection made up from my childhood toys, mostly loose figures with weapons, cardbacks and bubbles. I have some boxed vehicles also.

Great to find such a knowledgeable and enthusiastic community!

Quinster

Name: Mark
Single/Married: Marries
Residence: Middle Scotland (near the kelpies)
Kids: 2
Pets: too many
Collecting focus: Brand new to this - currently have a vintage falcon graveyard in my conservatory

Looking to increase knowledge on some of the vintage collections.

Nice to meet you all.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Quinster said:
Name: Mark

Looking to increase knowledge on some of the vintage collections.

Nice to meet you all.

Hi Mark. I am new too and I believe you have found the right place. Is it figure collecting or parts for your Falcon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom