FORUM FIGURE 2018 - ROUND 1 - GROUP M

GORUP M - Please Select Three

• Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • A-Wing Pilot

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Sand People (Tusken Raider)

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • Biker Scout

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • 2-1B

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Final group for the weekend and for me the toughest down to a certain three figures being drawn into this group.

Hoth Stormtrooper has always been extremely popular when it comes to this competition, runner up to Stormtrooper in 2014 he then made the final again in 2015 where he lost to Boba Fett. 2016 looked like he was marching to the final yet again but fell at the Semi Final stage against Luke Farmboy, then in 2017 he topped a very difficult group which included Vader and defending champion ERG, smashed Luke X-Wing Pilot by 20 votes in second round, then mullered R5-D4 in 3rd round, look like he was going to threaten yet again. However, a shock defeat in the quarter final against biker Scout saw his competition end.

Biker Scouts quarter final win against hoth Stormtrooper was a shock last year just because of Hoth Stormies previous endeavours, but Biker Scout was on fire during 2017 competition, in the second round he thrashed Han Bespin by a staggering 37 votes, then in the third round he beat Gam guard by 42 votes :eek: Hoth Stormie fell in the quarters and then he removed Fett by an impressive 14 votes in the semi final. He gave a great account of himself in the final eventually losing by 9 votes, 44-35, against the Princess. Biker Scout has always been popular but previous comps had never indicated that he would perform so well in 2017. During 2014 he fell in the second round to Luke jedi, 2015 saw him defeated to Hoth Stormtrooper in the third round and in 2016 a quarter final defeat to vader saw him eliminated that year too.

With two figures that between them have had three finals, you'd say it would be difficult for the other figures that end up in this group. But for me, one of the greatest figures is Sand People. In 2017 he reached the quarter final, 2016 he was defeated in the third round by Biker Scout, 2015 he lost out in the group stage to Yoda and 2014 and a second round defeat to Hoth Stormie. Couple of defeats against he opponents from this group may not bode well for him.

To get beyond these three figures will be very tough for the rest. A-Wing Pilot has never come close to progressing from group stages. And Hoth Rebel Soldier (one of my favourites) and 2-1B have also only progressed on one occassion each. 2-1B in 2015 came out the group stage only to be beaten by Chewbacca in the second round and Hoth rebel Soldier progressed in 2016 only to be soundly beaten against Leia Boushh also in the second round.

Should be a fascinating tussle this group, look forward to seeing who goes out more than who stays in.

PLEASE SELECT THREE

VOTING CLOSES TUESDAY 3.40pm

Group M.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Your not wrong, a tough challenge for the other figures other than the Imperial troops.
But for me the third choice has to be 2-1b, will be intresting, but I suspect a walk over for the favourites.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Can't believe TR is going to fall at the group stage. Nooooooooo!
This group is a bit of a foregone conclusion I'm afraid.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Well the Tusken goes, so disappointed, such a great figure and the first first 12 figure to be eliminated. So the two beaten finalists on three occasions between the two progress, Hoth Stormie looking great once again and Biker Scout hoping to go one better than last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom