SWTOTW, Week 1, 2018, Part 2/2 Power Droid

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Here are my Power Droids. I'm always going to be fond of any of the first 20 figures as they hold so many happy childhood memories for me :)

Power Droid - 01.jpg
Power Droid - 02.jpg

And here's a humble reseal, but I still like it :)

Power Droid - 03.jpg

That's a cracking reseal and I also love the faded moc that theforceuk posted for some reason, he looks like he's in a heavy smoke environment!

Ian
Thanks Ian. I resealed it myself and it came out pretty well, I thought. It will certainly do me just fine until I win the lottery and can upgrade to the real thing ;-)

Jeremy

elcroz

Padawan
Clarkspie&chips said:
When I was 3 my parents sat me down and explained to me I will be having a little brother. As a treat and I suppose because I was no longer their only child, they gave me this

IMG_1207.JPG

I was so thrilled with it I named my brother power droid for the whole of my mums pregnancy. :)

This really is the most special piece in my whole collection and I'd get rid of everything before I parted with him.

A great story. I had an exact same experience the day my little brother was born and received a MOTU Fakor

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hi guys, another here that could never bloody find one as a kid, think that maybe my fascination with the little blue box, I spent time in the midlands & in Hamburg as a kid & could not find one in either location, sadly all my stuff is packed away in boxes for a ending house move but will dig though what photos I have to add what I can to the thread for you guys.

The upside down sticker is a known error rather that a variation, sure after hour after hour sat on a production line sticking these on folks got bored & complacent & either deliberately or accidentally put them on the wrong way round, the white squares on the sticker are fairly common,I have a few like it as well as I think 2 with the reverse sticker, I also recently picked one up which is a new error on me, it is missing the place line on it, but it's still sat stateside with a friend, be great to get Chris Hibbard on here as he is also a huge PD focus nut & has some awesome stuff.

12718195_1230019303692161_2795501867825694824_n.jpg

These are the 3 variants I know of to date, though am clueless to the lighter colour one in the middles history, 2 regulars & a short V but the middles one is cast in a different colour plastic as you can see.

german-proto.jpg

Pic of the portotype that has never surfaced, sadly most likely never will.

White.jpg

Pic with the white squares in the middle.

19758285_1688713557822731_257510002_n.png

Embroibered one my good lady did for my birthday

canadian 9 pack.jpg

great pic of the 9 pack that was offered in Canada which included the PD & a huge grail item for me as the 2nd wave are my fave figures.

PD Mike.jpg

Great pic Mike Sith did for me

Mike 2.jpg

Another which you will I am sure be familiar with that Mike did, love this =)

ESB-a 2nd issue.jpg

Kenner internal V2.jpg
Palitoy-c.jpg

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Palitoy-k.jpg

SW-b.jpg

SW-d - Short V.jpg

SW-d large font.jpg

Sw-d.jpg

The baggies I know about

palitoy ad.jpg

great pic my good lady did burned in to wood for Todd (tiefighterboy)

IMGP3391_zpsbe4aae78 - Copy_zps2n9g9gzl.JPG

Another great bit of work my good lady did for me & also my avtar

IMGP0070 - Copy.JPG

My run of graded baggies

IMGP1219.JPG

Great card Bluedog did for me

IMGP1221.JPG

Inside of the card

Frunkstar

Grand Master
IMGP0334.JPG

Empty woolies 8 pack I filled & one of my favorite display items in my collection 8)

IMGP0557.JPG

Awesome pic Dan Terle did for me

IMGP0550.JPG

My rotating cabinet I am trying to fill with shot v's

IMGP0561.JPG

Some of my carded

IMGP0559.JPG

Great pic Jorn did for me

IMGP0565.JPG

$ pack that is the only one that had the PD in, this is actually a QC sign off sample one

IMGP0567.JPG

QC sign off

IMGP0571.JPG

2 awesome customs Todd did for me

IMGP0577.JPG

Another great custom again from Todd

IMGP0576.JPG

& another

Frunkstar

Grand Master
IMGP0569.JPG

Collectors card

IMGP0578.JPG

GG 3 pack

IMGP0575.JPG

Loose GG

IMGP0552.JPG

Sandcrawler display

IMGP0549.JPG

My loose run as it was, have since doubled up on the shelving, will see if I can find a pic of how it looks now

IMGP0457.JPG

Found one, still a few gaps to fill

IMGP0045.JPG

Some customs I have been working on from total beaters

& lastly I would like to share some built pics of this large custom I did for a friend who shares my focus figure, I now want to make another for myself but make it different to this one, was a right labor of love & the first time I have done any epoxy molding & painting in years, something I hope to try & devote a bit more time to in future.

I started off with a simple wooden pallet support block & slowly shaped it as my base to work on.

IMGP2792.JPG

IMGP2793.JPG

IMGP2796.JPG

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Then did the legs & feet (dowel center) with electrical wire for the legs, some thick slate covered in epoxy for the feet

IMGP2838.JPG

IMGP2839.JPG

Then started to skin it with epoxy & add details

IMGP2841.JPG

IMGP2846.JPG

Then paint & varnish & finishing touches, took a while till I was happy with it

IMGP2867.JPG

IMGP2868.JPG

IMGP2869.JPG

IMGP2870.JPG
IMGP2871.JPG

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Your collection is amazing Frunkstar, appreciate seeing the pictures of it. Very worthy figure to concentrate on!

Just thought I'd show this picture from the Sears 1979 Wish Book, where the figure is mistakenly? referred to as 'Death Star Droid' in the Sears exclusive figure set entry No.7

IMG_9362.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks Frank for sharing all the pictures with us, your Power Droid collection is outstanding 8)

I think this is the first time I have seen a harbert power droid cardbacks 8)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
Your collection is amazing Frunkstar, appreciate seeing the pictures of it. Very worthy figure to concentrate on!

Just thought I'd show this picture from the Sears 1979 Wish Book, where the figure is mistakenly? referred to as 'Death Star Droid' in the Sears exclusive figure set entry No.7

IMG_9362.jpg

That pack actually came with a DSD so it's the picture rather than the description thats incorrect, but great info 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
Great mother of gonk!!!, imagine all those droids gonking at the same time, "gongongongongggggggonkgonkgonkgonk!!!!!"

Love the scratch built model too, great work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom