Casings?

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
I think that you might be over analyzing things but I am sure that I can help one way or another :D

Grading figures is a personal choice - but to be honest, unless it is something very rare then really all you are doing is paying for someone's opinion - which will be no much better than your own. I know some people like the say they look in the cases and the cases with rails that hold them are only available from AFA or UKG. There have been plenty of instances where those rails have rubbed against the figure and caused additional markings and once they are sealed then there isn't much you can do about this.

As for your situation then if you are just storing them, the clamshells will work just fine - most will go in the standard version (20GBP posted for 50) but a few will need the wider one. Alternatively you can just store them in acid free bags (3GBP for 100) - either will keep them safe and not cause any damage (although it is sensible to open the bags or the clamshells now and again to let the figures breath)

Once you are ready for display then either single figure cases (you can glue the stand to the base) do look very nice and are much cheaper than grading the figure. Alternatively you can purchase some display cases from Ikea or like likes (Detolf and Billy are popular) and display the figures in there. We also so do steps so you can display more in a smaller space

Hope that helps a bit

Hi thanks a lot that does help. Now i just have to decide on gw acrylic cases or the clamshells. I guess the acrylic are easier as i can leave the sliding back open slightly to let air in. I just have to consider the process of gluing the stand in each time! Might sound stupid here but the glue wont affect the figure will it? Considering the age of the figures, but allowing airflow in through the back shouldnt affect the figure should it? Also is there ample room in the gw acrylic cases or do the figures hit the sides/back?

yoda

Sith Lord
I don't think the glue would harm them if the other guys are using and suggesting that method. I know you are worried about doing harm to the figures but I think they will be ok. I still have my old figures they can stand alot of abuse the paint on them.
If you wer free to go to some of the the events on in England. I see some of the guys are going to farthest from or some of the other events. If you got the chance you could find out alot there.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hi guys has anyone got any updates regarding the clamshell cases for loose figures and if they are ok to store figures in?
Not sure if anyone had an issue with paint rub on them?
Thanks

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Just going over my old thread this is the cases i was on about if anyone uses these and had any good or bad experiences with them?

Attachments

• VSC_Cases-1.jpg
    VSC_Cases-1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 511

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
The cylinders look good but they look more for displaying figures as they seem to be for standing up where as i would use the clamshells just to have the figures laying down in boxes till i can display?

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Saw the cabinet in snoopers paradise had the clamshells if anyone has seen these or bought from there? not tt cabinet but the tim drummonds?

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi guys - just seen this thread - I sell both the clam shells and the cylinders - if anyone needs them then feel free to drop me a PM on here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom