Whats inspired recent influx of new members?

Taffius

Sith Lord
Hi all,
Myself inspired by how much I liked the most recent film and becoming notalgic again.
As a newcomer / returner, the pastime has certainly advanced and sought to seek help from the offset to assist in avoiding fakes and ensure I am not being fleeced on items I have no clue about anymore.
I found the podcasts very useful (up to 5 already), however they so good I am now listening whilst driving into and from work, at work, whilst at home and whilst in bed!
What I have learnt in the last weeks:
Tracker is handy, recognising toy tonis, grading and the U's and having trust in fellow collectors as a great source of collectibles. What events to go to, how much I have to save up and what to budget for. Re-focus from the start and/or go with the flow and follow the heart!
Many thanks so far - I am loving the return and SWF has made the return even greater!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Taffius said:
Hi all,
Myself inspired by how much I liked the most recent film and becoming notalgic again.
As a newcomer / returner, the pastime has certainly advanced and sought to seek help from the offset to assist in avoiding fakes and ensure I am not being fleeced on items I have no clue about anymore.
I found the podcasts very useful (up to 5 already), however they so good I am now listening whilst driving into and from work, at work, whilst at home and whilst in bed!
What I have learnt in the last weeks:
Tracker is handy, recognising toy tonis, grading and the U's and having trust in fellow collectors as a great source of collectibles. What events to go to, how much I have to save up and what to budget for. Re-focus from the start and/or go with the flow and follow the heart!
Many thanks so far - I am loving the return and SWF has made the return even greater!
Refreshing, thanks for posting.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
It's essential for the forum to have new members join, keeps it fresh and keeps it going, having new people to interact with is great for the hobby and the wider community.

I really would recommend you attend one or two events this year, and introduce yourself. I've made some really great friends over the years.

Taffius

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
It's essential for the forum to have new members join, keeps it fresh and keeps it going, having new people to interact with is great for the hobby and the wider community.

I really would recommend you attend one or two events this year, and introduce yourself. I've made some really great friends over the years.

Many thanks for that. Well I did probe for info within Events page, so looked at toy fairs and Furthestfrom is very prominent (more convinced post listening to podcasts).
Also found Celebration interesting as if its in Florida for 2019 that might be tempting to combine with a little holiday! :lol:

Paullaura

Padawan
For me its just a return to collecting. Got out of buying vintage around 2 years ago and got into RC cars again.

Just fancied putting together a nice loose set to start with and see what happens... :roll:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great post, refreshing to see the enthusiasm for the hobby, your in the right place, good luck with your collecting :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Paullaura said:
For me its just a return to collecting. Got out of buying vintage around 2 years ago and got into RC cars again.

Just fancied putting together a nice loose set to start with and see what happens... :roll:

I think we all know what will happen :lol: your on the road to building a collection :)

Taffius

Sith Lord
Paullaura said:

Hi Paullaura,

Just wondering if it was conincidence with a new film release or the film and associated hype sturred the liking to get a collection again?
What is it that makes us return? What is the draw?
Just pondering out loud :D

Paullaura

Padawan
I got heavily into RC stuff again and star wars just took a back seat.

Never really bothered with loose stuff in the past and fancy a nice display set. Cant display the RC s... 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
Welcome to the forum and back to collecting, I myself got back into collecting last year because I actually started collecting other vintage toys from my childhood, so that got me nostalgic and sparked off wanting vintage SW again. I only originally intended to get just a couple of loose figures and a boxed speeder bike, then started wondering "hmm sure would be nice to have a small collection", it was from that point I knew, i'd ****ed up! :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the ride!

Crumm

Padawan
Just started my loose mint run in November.

I had the figures as a kid, and for the last couple of years have been thinking about getting started collecting them.

Just never got around to it until now.

Taffius

Sith Lord
subzero said:
I only originally intended to get just a couple of loose figures and a boxed speeder bike, then started wondering "hmm sure would be nice to have a small collection", it was from that point I knew, i'd ****ed up! :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the ride!

Did smile :lol:

Taffius

Sith Lord
Crumm said:

I had the figures as a kid, and for the last couple of years have been thinking about getting started collecting them.

New film fuelling fire?

grinchy

Sith Lord
always good to see new blood in the hobby, this is a great place, I've made some good friends and bought and sold a few bits to, its a slippery slope though, first comes a loose set then carded, then boxed ships, etc etc, :D

choffialoopa

Padawan
Podcasts?

And welcome onboard. My Best advice is to figure out how to showcase your collection and space you are willing to use.

For me a collection stored in boxes is close to worthless. Needs to look nice 8)

Oh and what podcasts?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The pod cast in question is "The vintage rebellion" which is available to download on itunes, and is an absolute must.
If you like Star Wars you will really enjoy these guys, brilliant, a monthly listen that's a must.

Crumm

Padawan
Taffius said:
Crumm said:

New film fuelling fire?

Not really no, I didn't enjoy TLJ that much to be honest.
I was lucky enough to receive a little cash windfall late last year and I thought "hmmm...I know what I can do with this!..."

And so it began...

I (and my missus) get the feeling I have unleashed something terrible, but I just couldn't resist it any more :lol:

Taffius

Sith Lord
Crumm said:
Taffius said:
Crumm said:

New film fuelling fire?

And so it began...

I (and my missus) get the feeling I have unleashed something terrible, but I just couldn't resist it any more :lol:

:lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom