Han Solo movie: what do you think?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
SAVORY100 said:
All I hope is that Fett, Yoda, Kenobi and Vader are left in the past as these new films keep coming, all have had history put on film in the prequels and Clone Wars... it's gonna get a bit dull if there are just more rehashes of past childhood heroes when the galaxy is so very large and so many stories yet to be written or filmed...

I think a Vader film set just after ROTS could be great. Assuming there are still Jedi scattered around the Galaxy, could be good. It could be the film many wished they had got with the prequels? :? :)

Each to there own and there's no way to make everyone happy... unless they keep banging them out every year of course... oh wait.. eventually there will be one for each of us :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I've kept thinking 'any day now we'll hear that Solo release date has been pushed back to December'. All the other Disney SW films have had December releases and after Lord and Miller got replaced I thought this has to get bumped...

...but looks like we are still on for May. Just 4 months away! And no teaser trailer before The Last Jedi?!

So yes, I'm a bit worried that the film might be rushed.

But if it's a weaker Star Wars then it won't be the end of the world. We are going to be getting a lot of new Star Wars films and some will be better than others, just like the Bond movies.

At a minimum Solo and all the new SW films will provide high budget spectacle with great FX and visuals. That's enough to warrant a cinema trip for me.

subzero

Sith Lord
More Star Wars please and lots of it, always wanted more SW since the mid 90's and now it's actually happening, keep it coming!

If there's anything released that I don't like then so what i'll just wait for the next one that I do like, even if I don't really like almost of an entire film but there's scenes or moments in it that I love then even that's good enough for me, it's more than we ever had and ever dreamed of having through the 90's.

So onward & upwards! :D

Crumm

Padawan
I will most likely see it.

But I think we are now becoming over-saturated with Star Wars films.

They should be "event movies" in my opinion, and only come along every so often.

yoda

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
...but looks like we are still on for May. Just 4 months away! And no teaser trailer before The Last Jedi?!

I had never realised it was so close :)
From watching the TLJ I felt my interest with Star Wars was starting to drift away from me. But now with this new Han movie coming up I am feeling the excitement coming back because he was always one of my heroes and I loved the Falcon. It was my first and only Star Wars ship.
So I am feeling positive about this one because I really enjoyed Rouge 1 and do hopefully Han does the business.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
I've kept thinking 'any day now we'll hear that Solo release date has been pushed back to December'. All the other Disney SW films have had December releases and after Lord and Miller got replaced I thought this has to get bumped...

So yes, I'm a bit worried that the film might be rushed.

But if it's a weaker Star Wars then it won't be the end of the world. We are going to be getting a lot of new Star Wars films and some will be better than others, just like the Bond movies.

At a minimum Solo and all the new SW films will provide high budget spectacle with great FX and visuals. That's enough to warrant a cinema trip for me.

Trailer out on Monday apparently. Would've made sense to put it in with TLJ, hard to see why they wouldn't do that.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
subzero said:
More Star Wars please and lots of it, always wanted more SW since the mid 90's and now it's actually happening, keep it coming!

If there's anything released that I don't like then so what i'll just wait for the next one that I do like, even if I don't really like almost of an entire film but there's scenes or moments in it that I love then even that's good enough for me, it's more than we ever had and ever dreamed of having through the 90's.

So onward & upwards! :D

That's the spirit! :D exactly the way I feel too, love em/hate em/ambivalent about em, I'll still watch them.

Dantooine

Padawan
I'm kind of looking forward to it. Surprising as I wasn't at all hyped for TLJ (good job too).
The new trilogy seems to be directionless and I don't really care for any of the new characters, so these anthology films are at least dealing with the OT hardware.

I thought a Rogue One was ok, a bit messy in the set up, but it delivered some good stuff. I know for a fact that they're currently shooting for a couple of extra weeks. I wonder if this is because of the fan reaction to TLJ - maybe putting some more fan service stuff in there?

You can bet your money were going to have a cgi a Jabba, an appearance by Fett and probably Greedo. After Rogue One, I wouldn't mind seeing Walrus Man and his mate pop up again.
And about those lego leaks-
one of them shows Han in a disguise that looks similar to the AT-ST pilot in RotJ. Maybe he's going to use a disguise in a similar way he did in Jedi to get into the bunker.

I have a feeling this will surprise a lot of people who've already written it off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom