Did potf mocs make it to uk shelves ?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Mini99 said:
chipsteak said:
I know the question waa about figures but what's the consensus on POTF boxed items appearing here? I'm sure I've read memories of combo packs ( eg Tauntaun / Wampa ) or the body rigs turning up albeit very sparsely.
Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but I've never seen a Tauntan/Wampa pack before, do you have one?

Too rich for my blood, I'm afraid. It came with a Luke Hoth figure. I think I choose a very bad example of boxed POTF as it's so rare I can't even find a picture of one right now.
Thanks forlooking, I thought it must be rare as I had never heard if it let alone seeing one.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
chipsteak said:
Mini99 said:
Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but I've never seen a Tauntan/Wampa pack before, do you have one?

Too rich for my blood, I'm afraid. It came with a Luke Hoth figure. I think I choose a very bad example of boxed POTF as it's so rare I can't even find a picture of one right now.
Thanks forlooking, I thought it must be rare as I had never heard if it let alone seeing one.
I believe you mean the POTF 'Hoth Rescue Complete Playpack' set:

Hoth Rescue.JPG

Hoth Rescue 02.JPG

Pictures taken from here:

http://starwars-imperium.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/hoth-rescue-kdm-set-mit-box.html

It's a great website with some fabulous pictures to drool over, and well worth a browse. Sadly it hasn't been updated in years, but I still recommend having a look.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Many thanks guys, that is a lovely play set, I assume that this commands a very hefty price tag?
Generally I don't go for boxed items as space is an issue for me, but I would make an exception for this!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I believe you are correct about the price tag, but exactly how much they are currently worth, I couldn't say. It's certainly a very nice piece, but it isn't something I collect myself, so I can't claim to have been keeping a keen eye on recent prices, I'm afraid! :) Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can offer an estimate?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Only became aware of them in around 1994 at the first Empire Days etc. At the time they were much more sought after than Tri-logos. I'm sure some must've made it over in the 80's though, via excess Kenner stock etc.

Gadders

Padawan
Mini99 said:
chipsteak said:
I know the question waa about figures but what's the consensus on POTF boxed items appearing here? I'm sure I've read memories of combo packs ( eg Tauntaun / Wampa ) or the body rigs turning up albeit very sparsely.

I have 2 of the 3 POTF sets. Absolutely love these. Juat need the Ewok Combat set.

Attachments

• 20180113_131839.jpg
    20180113_131839.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 743

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Gadders said:
Mini99 said:
chipsteak said:

I have 2 of the 3 POTF sets. Absolutely love these. Juat need the Ewok Combat set.

They look great, well done for having them. Good luck with finding the third.

Gadders

Padawan
Thanks. I put them in acrylic over the weekend. They look amazing but the photo is poor and doesnt do them justice. I narrowly missed out on the 3rd set about 18 months ago. Maybe one day...

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's a nice pile of play sets, your very lucky.
I suspect that the acrylic cases really set them off.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I'd not seen the teebo one before either.

I've only ever had one potf card to hand and that was a b wing pilot from the modellers loft, I think I paid £25 for him about 2006 and I only bought him because it was the frostiest figure I'd ever seen! sold him a few years later because I had no interest in collecting carded figures but I wish I'd taken a pic now.

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
I came across a POTF Jawa down my Nans house. This belonged to my Father, definitely bought in the UK back in the day.
He cant remember where his mother bought it from and she cant remember either. It must be terrible to be old :( .

What my Father can remember is that his figures where bought from Tesco, Woolworths and Kays Catalogue.

Star Wars Vintage Jawa POTF.JPG

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Very true :D I have to add some Buddhist philosophy here, I'm sure it's something Yoda would have agreed with :wink:

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us be thankful.
-The Buddha

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Gadders said:
Mini99 said:
chipsteak said:

Wow! Beautiful.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
been thinking a lot about this thread recently. I know it got mentioned on the latest VR podcast. A bloke put a list of figures that he bought as a kid on Facebook. He kept them unopened. He said he bought them all locally in Oxford.

If they were for sale in the UK roughly what would the dates have been?

Hope he doesn't mind me putting his list on here...

Attachments

• IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 661
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom