Current prices for a "minty" loose set

lejackal

Grand Master
Accept a child may have played with their toys and I bet you could do a full run, wth correct weapons, for £3K

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
Accept a child may have played with their toys and I bet you could do a full run, wth correct weapons, for £3K
Thinking about what you have just posted: do you think that the mint loose figures that we see now where recently removed from cards, or do you believe that these figures were removed by a kid displayed and never played with?

jared007

Padawan
Mini99 said:
do you think that the mint loose figures that we see now where recently removed from cards, or do you believe that these figures were removed by a kid displayed and never played with?

It's totally possible they survived in good condition from the start. I still have a few of my original childhood figures, and they are all still really good. I played with them for sure, but just never with the intention of destroying them in the process. I'm glad for that now.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Most kids played with their Star Wars figures, weren't especially careful in keeping them mint, and it shows in their condition today. This isn't criticism of course because they were after all toys that were made to be played with. However, there have always been some children who look after their toys better than others, who both want and like to keep them in perfect condition. I know this because I was one such child. After each time I played with my Star Wars figures, I carefully removed Luke, Vader and Ben's sabers from their arms and stowed them away in my box of weapons (which had a click lid, so they couldn't escape :)). I never threw my figures around, or got them dirty, or allowed the paint to chip. I never lost a weapon or damaged an accessory.

I know I was unusual in this regard, but I also know I wasn't alone. There are still mint childhood figures to be had out there, even today. I don't doubt there will also be some mint loose figures that have been removed from beater cards much more recently, but don't underestimate the careful kids that grew into adults and are now cashing in.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I understand snaketibe I have mentioned this before but I used to put my figures in an old sideboard draw all lined up with the weapons in top trump cases that helped them to survive active duty in really good condition but was guilty of the old chewing the end of the light sabres who hasn't :) but that just adds to the patina :D

tundra9

Sith Lord
Thanks for the tips guys, also saw Chris' salesthread, should be a fair guide on current prices.

Looking forward to complete my set :)

Cheers
Jorn

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hey guys how much would a loose mint set of the first 21 figures cost roughly? And if price is extremely high for that then what would be the price of the next best thing? What could you guys consider the next best thing to mint? Lost weapon? Bit of paint rub etc?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Alltooeasy said:
Hey guys how much would a loose mint set of the first 21 figures cost roughly? And if price is extremely high for that then what would be the price of the next best thing? What could you guys consider the next best thing to mint? Lost weapon? Bit of paint rub etc?
Carl recently costed out prices for complete loose set in excellent condition
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34972&p=461064&hilit=Complete#p461064

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Great thanks just going through the list now.As im in the early days of restarting to add to my small collection if anyone has any of those mint figures for sale at that price please pm me

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hi all is anyone selling either loose mint/near mint version or a graded 85 and up version of the following figures needed. Not fussed what year they were released in or on what cardback they came. Just loose mint/near mint or graded 85and above please. Many thanks

Luke Skywalker both brown and blond hair
Princess Leia organa
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) solid dome
See-Threepio (C-3PO) fixed limbs
Stormtrooper
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi both grey and white hair
Han Solo both small and big head
Sand People

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom