odd listing title

poncho

Grand Master
repro? colours look off

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Luck-Skywalker-1980s-purchased-years-ago-Happy-Bidding-/152868825731

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's a tuff one to judge, certainly looks a bit off. The photos of the bubble aren't great and it looks like a reseal to me.

subzero

Sith Lord
poncho said:
repro? colours look off

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Luck-Skywalker-1980s-purchased-years-ago-Happy-Bidding-/152868825731

Yeah that's got repro written all over it, you can see the sticky tape underneath the bubble and the card is shiny on both sides.

There's one bidder who's constantly putting in small bid increments which looks very suspicious too.

Palifan

Sith Lord
looking at the seal it looks like you can see tape holding it on. I'm saying it's a reseal and I would message the seller to see what they say if you're interested in it.

There look to be a few bids on it so I'm surprised no ones noticed the tape.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
subzero said:
poncho said:
repro? colours look off

Yeah that's got repro written all over it, you can see the sticky tape underneath the bubble and the card is shiny on both sides.

There's one bidder who's constantly putting in small bid increments which looks very suspicious too.

Looking at it again you may well be right about it all being repro, the footer also doesn't look quite right and I get the feeling someone's not going to be happy when this arrives.

The fact that the seller has only 3 feedback is always a warning sign and if this is repro then it does look to have been made to look damaged to help it pass for vintage. Maybe it is an innocent mistake but it's hard to think that now a days.

Ian

subzero

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
subzero said:
poncho said:
repro? colours look off

Looking at it again you may well be right about it all being repro, the footer also doesn't look quite right and I get the feeling someone's not going to be happy when this arrives.

The fact that the seller has only 3 feedback is always a warning sign and if this is repro then it does look to have been made to look damaged to help it pass for vintage. Maybe it is an innocent mistake but it's hard to think that now a days.

Ian

Hopefully the buyer at least spots it and opens a case to send it back, that is the problem these days you never know what people are willing to do to scam people out of a few quid, but it can also be easy to jump the gun because of that problem and assume an honest seller is scamming. Iv'e messaged several sellers recently to tell them their item was fake and I can tell by their response they really did believe it was genuine and then revised their listing.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
This is 100% fake. It has a Europunch for starters, it's clearly been inkjet printed and the bubble is held on with double-sided tape! What a lot of bullshit the conman selling this is spouting!... From the 1980's my ass! And he 'came across this figure inside my old bedroom at parents house'... Well perhaps, but if he did come across the figure, I'm willing to bet it was loose at the time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom