Happy New year. My new blog at www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
It's not Star Wars but just made a post on my website www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk about the toys made based on Disney's Tron movie.

TOMY was very interested to become the licensee for the Tron toys to test the market after the success of Kenner's Star Wars 3 3/4" figures. The Tron figures are on the same basic scale, but the figures stood about 4" tall. TOMY produced only four figures and two light cycle toys, a very small range but they have gained a certain cult following.

subzero

Sith Lord
retrotoyinfo said:
It's not Star Wars but just made a post on my website http://www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk about the toys made based on Disney's Tron movie.

TOMY was very interested to become the licensee for the Tron toys to test the market after the success of Kenner's Star Wars 3 3/4" figures. The Tron figures are on the same basic scale, but the figures stood about 4" tall. TOMY produced only four figures and two light cycle toys, a very small range but they have gained a certain cult following.

Interestingly, they also released a Tomytronic 3D electronic handheld game ( Sky Attack ) which seemed to be heavily influenced by a mix of Tron and also Star Wars in terms of the ship/vehicle designs in the game.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom