Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Postby palitoyjunky » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 am

J it’s not meant to b an attack on ur Matrix and I mean that :!: I have said many times to many people ur work on ur Matrix and indeed the Toytoni scandal is very much appreciated.
As someone who got into collecting Palitoy MOC quite seriously I have had my own journey and experiences and naturally become quite involved with other serious Palitoy collectors over the years and yes there r some entries which have been questioned mainly around the SW characters on 30 back! I don’t think it is unhealthy to question something one(who is a serious collector with a good network) has never seen-even a trace of :!:
Again am not meaning to put down ur Matrix J but by ur own admission some of ur entries r by word and mouth and shouldn’t b expected to b taken as gospel by everyone:!: I am just that guy who likes to c it for myself :!: I am however always optimistic that pieces will turn up ie ur lovely 41 back Sandpeople cardback 8) I am hoping one day we will c a MOC example surface too.
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:43 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:
palitoyjunky wrote:Certainly not all J BUT certainly some :!:

Which entries do you have a problem with? It was quite disconcerting to hear the matrix being put down on the podcast.

Jason

No one put down the matrix whatsoever on the podcast Jase, all Jon said was that he preferred to see evidence first hand to be sure for certain that items exist, no one run down the matrix, we all and I'm sure I speak for Jon in this as well, hugely appreciate all your hard work, we all use the matrix regularly on the show as it is a great resource, but you have to understand that Jon likes clarification for himself on the items he collects and researches.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 am

Jon, if you need first hand evidence then you can’t use my matrix or the kellerman matrix for that matter. They are put together using evidence given to the matrix compiler.

It’s like saying you don’t believe in New Zealand because you haven’t been there. And putting down anyone who says they believe in New Zealand who hasn’t actually been and verified its there with their own eyes.

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 am

mr_palitoy wrote:Jon, if you need first hand evidence then you can’t use my matrix or the kellerman matrix for that matter. They are put together using evidence given to the matrix compiler.

It’s like saying you don’t believe in New Zealand because you haven’t been there. And putting down anyone who says they believe in New Zealand who hasn’t actually been and verified its there with their own eyes.

Jason

Jason, I think everyone on here is mature enough to know that New Zealand really exists.....well for the most part anyway :lol: ,but I can see Jon's point about finding it hard to totally trust in the existence of just the odd card back variation based on never coming across one and with no one seemingly being willing to show some sort of photographic proof of it. I do struggle to understand why some collectors who apparently do have these rare card backs are unwilling to show an example of them, especially when Jon mentions being friends with them for years. It doesn't seem quite right to me, if I mentioned having something that was in doubt by friends of mine I would understand but make sure I could prove it.

From what I understand Jon has been collecting and researching these items for a very long time like yourself and has probably come across most of what's on your matrix in the area that interests him. For some it can be difficult to take the word of another when there's no physical proof out there, I think you mention yourself that you've been told of a few things in existence but not seen them first hand. I understand that you trust the people who claim this 100% but if even they can't show you any proof it's hard to really know for sure.

As Stuart mentioned no one is putting down any of your hard work and dedication to your site, we all love and use it regularly and I feel that even I contributed to it in some way when I mentioned the R2 style bubble used on the 12 back Jawa moc. New things come up all the time and even though I don't have a huge interest in card back combinations passed the 30 A backs I'd hate to see things turn slightly sour for no real reason. The people who appreciate our UK contribution to vintage Star Wars have a lot of love for the factory from Coalville that once was and it's amazing that there's one place we can all go to research things about it.

I really hope you and Jon can just agree to disagree on a few points and I know Jon will be very happy to let everyone know if he does get some proof on a few things that he has in doubt, I'm sure you would do the same if and when you have a picture or even the item in your collection.

As a side note though, great show as ever boys, keep knocking them out of the park! :D

Ian

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 am

Palifan wrote:
mr_palitoy wrote:Jon, if you need first hand evidence then you can’t use my matrix or the kellerman matrix for that matter. They are put together using evidence given to the matrix compiler.

Jason

Jason, I think everyone on here is mature enough to know that New Zealand really exists.....well for the most part anyway :lol: ,but I can see Jon's point about finding it hard to totally trust in the existence of just the odd card back variation based on never coming across one and with no one seemingly being willing to show some sort of photographic proof of it. I do struggle to understand why some collectors who apparently do have these rare card backs are unwilling to show an example of them, especially when Jon mentions being friends with them for years. It doesn't seem quite right to me, if I mentioned having something that was in doubt by friends of mine I would understand but make sure I could prove it.

From what I understand Jon has been collecting and researching these items for a very long time like yourself and has probably come across most of what's on your matrix in the area that interests him. For some it can be difficult to take the word of another when there's no physical proof out there, I think you mention yourself that you've been told of a few things in existence but not seen them first hand. I understand that you trust the people who claim this 100% but if even they can't show you any proof it's hard to really know for sure.

As Stuart mentioned no one is putting down any of your hard work and dedication to your site, we all love and use it regularly and I feel that even I contributed to it in some way when I mentioned the R2 style bubble used on the 12 back Jawa moc. New things come up all the time and even though I don't have a huge interest in card back combinations passed the 30 A backs I'd hate to see things turn slightly sour for no real reason. The people who appreciate our UK contribution to vintage Star Wars have a lot of love for the factory from Coalville that once was and it's amazing that there's one place we can all go to research things about it.

I really hope you and Jon can just agree to disagree on a few points and I know Jon will be very happy to let everyone know if he does get some proof on a few things that he has in doubt, I'm sure you would do the same if and when you have a picture or even the item in your collection.

As a side note though, great show as ever boys, keep knocking them out of the park! :D

Ian

You have to acknowledge the black hole collectors mentality and understand it to get a complete picture of everything that’s out there.

Publishing a picture of a rare item that’s not been seen makes it a lot less special. Pictures that are released are often heavily watermarked.

My own view is to share with the community. The 41 Back sandpeople cardback had already been seen on the eBay auction. And publishing pics of the full 12 Back cardback run can only encourage Gary and the like to complete a MOC run.

I’m happy with all the 30 Back entries I have on the matrix. Most weren’t witnessed by me, but by somebody else who witnessed them. There’s no reason for anyone to be trying to fake this stuff. What’s the point? By having the entries on there it keeps them on peoples radar. Hopefully non black hole examples will surface.

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

New Zealand Jason :!: REALLY :!: :!:
I don’t think I have to say anymore to that mate other than ur talking utter bollocks :!: :!: :!:

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:48 pm

I am not going to say anymore on the matter to u Jason because clearly there is no point.

Burto
New User
New User

Postby Burto » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Same old, same old, as soon as someone disagrees or challenges anything whatsoever to do with your matrix,or opinions regarding star wars you jump down their throat.

Totally childish behaviour, you can't even have a mature conversation

Grow up

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Thanks for another time-bending podcast. It's always a highlight.

A question you put you the listeners: which Landspeeder and why?

I owned both as a kid. The Palitoy one was literally the first vehicle I owned. It's Luke's car that you can put the figure in! Clearly great. However I was very young when I got it and before long the top engine had broken off, as had the seats and windshield with the floating mechanism also knackered before long.

Fast forward to ROTJ era and my friend got what I now assume to be the 'collectors' reissue. Not only did it have all the pieces but a curious addition of the opening bonnet. He was underwhelmed by it so I sorted out sone sort of trade to get it.

Which was the better toy? The US one because you could put your guns in the hood and have a Tusken Raider nosey about in it.

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 am

I’ve just discovered the Podcast and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. It’s keeping me company on my break at work. Its like sitting at a table with good freinds you’ve never met!!
You may start your landing!

naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby naughtyjedi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:25 am

palitoyjunky wrote:Wow :!: Thanks for making me look a lot thinner Stu :D :lol:

Ahem...

You were bloody hard to find a picture of. I think after searching through Jason’s pictures I found 2 useable pics.

Has nobody got the playful pun reference in the picture?

It’s Palitoy Junky on a palitoy junket!!!
Come on people!!!!!

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:28 am

Great episode as usual. Really enjoyed it, only problem is i want a Palitoy 12 Back now!

Loved the Landspeeder when I was a kid, wasn't aware of the hood/ bonnet version. Stu's thought of a Stormtrooper bashing in Luke's head with the bonnet shouting "where are my droids!" was interesting. Maybe if Tarantino made a Star Wars film?

Really hope the Harbert Jawa card shows up!

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:36 pm

naughtyjedi wrote:It’s Palitoy Junky on a palitoy junket!!!
Come on people!!!!!

No is the short answer, but now you have pointed it out it’s obvious!
:wink:

naughtyjedi
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby naughtyjedi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:59 pm

BTW

Still some it came from the loft fanzines with mixtapes up for grabs
cover by mark daniels / sublevel
articles by many people from here
free mixtape with a C90 of content + a bit of music where I didnt record over at the end

£3 + £1.50 postage
pp to naughtyjedi@hotmail.com

all cashage goes to making more free stuff we can give to you at shows etc

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Scarifpacific wrote:I’ve just discovered the Podcast and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. It’s keeping me company on my break at work. Its like sitting at a table with good freinds you’ve never met!!

Thanks mate, but be careful what you wish for. I've met them and they're twats.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”