THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
New Zealand Jason :!: REALLY :!: :!:
I don't think I have to say anymore to that mate other than ur talking utter bollocks :!: :!: :!:

Burto

Padawan
Same old, same old, as soon as someone disagrees or challenges anything whatsoever to do with your matrix,or opinions regarding star wars you jump down their throat.

Totally childish behaviour, you can't even have a mature conversation

Grow up

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for another time-bending podcast. It's always a highlight.

A question you put you the listeners: which Landspeeder and why?

I owned both as a kid. The Palitoy one was literally the first vehicle I owned. It's Luke's car that you can put the figure in! Clearly great. However I was very young when I got it and before long the top engine had broken off, as had the seats and windshield with the floating mechanism also knackered before long.

Fast forward to ROTJ era and my friend got what I now assume to be the 'collectors' reissue. Not only did it have all the pieces but a curious addition of the opening bonnet. He was underwhelmed by it so I sorted out sone sort of trade to get it.

Which was the better toy? The US one because you could put your guns in the hood and have a Tusken Raider nosey about in it.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've just discovered the Podcast and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's keeping me company on my break at work. Its like sitting at a table with good freinds you've never met!!

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Wow :!: Thanks for making me look a lot thinner Stu :D :lol:

Ahem...

You were bloody hard to find a picture of. I think after searching through Jason's pictures I found 2 useable pics.

Has nobody got the playful pun reference in the picture?

It's Palitoy Junky on a palitoy junket!!!
Come on people!!!!!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great episode as usual. Really enjoyed it, only problem is i want a Palitoy 12 Back now!

Loved the Landspeeder when I was a kid, wasn't aware of the hood/ bonnet version. Stu's thought of a Stormtrooper bashing in Luke's head with the bonnet shouting "where are my droids!" was interesting. Maybe if Tarantino made a Star Wars film?

Really hope the Harbert Jawa card shows up!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
naughtyjedi said:
It's Palitoy Junky on a palitoy junket!!!
Come on people!!!!!
No is the short answer, but now you have pointed it out it's obvious!
:wink:

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
BTW

Still some it came from the loft fanzines with mixtapes up for grabs
cover by mark daniels / sublevel
articles by many people from here
free mixtape with a C90 of content + a bit of music where I didnt record over at the end

£3 + £1.50 postage
pp to [email protected]

all cashage goes to making more free stuff we can give to you at shows etc

Richard_H

Grand Master
Scarifpacific said:
I've just discovered the Podcast and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's keeping me company on my break at work. Its like sitting at a table with good freinds you've never met!!

Thanks mate, but be careful what you wish for. I've met them and they're twats.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Just got round to completing the podcast. Podcast gold as a Jez describes it. Loved the quiz, even managed to get a few answers myself. Can't believe Jez is hanging up his boots for a 3 month break - talk about quitting while he's ahead!

Loved the Landspeeder focus at the end of the new acquisitions section. Never came across it as a child, but totally love it as an adult. It's been top of my WTB list for a year or so. The Palitoy packaging might be better (what with the gorgeous logo and graphics) but it's definitely the Kenner open bonnet version I'm after. Would the early release patent pending Palitoy version be the Kenner open bonnet toy inside the Palitoy box? If so this would be the ultimate version for me.

Great info on the Collectors Series from Rich and topped up by Ron. Top work all round chaps.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Oh yeah I should have said that, despite my preference for the open bonnet*, the Palitoy box is my favourite. That stars-out scene looks lovely. It's also the first boxed SW toy I ever saw so I'm biased.

* I have no idea why that reads like a Viz style obscure double entendre.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks for the hard work guys, it's appreciated, great show this month.
Enjoyed the interview with Jon, took me back to the last time I collected, I remember the Cheshunt fairs with much fondness...different times!
Always enjoy the quiz (I too got one or two correct answers, including the cloud car one!) Rebel briefing's and New acquisition's including the non produced Ewok range, great.
It's been said before by others, but so pleased Pete's back for good, but sorry hear that Jez is off for a few months (someone has to be, before Rich says anything :lol: ); good luck with your studies.
Carry on doing what you do, still the best SW podcast out there by miles.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Scarifpacific said:

Thanks mate, but be careful what you wish for. I've met them and they're twats.

That's a mirror rich

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Enjoying the chat about the Ewoks line. It made me think, has anyone ever met a die-hard Droids or Ewoks fan? I have seen people who love the prequels because that was their era, but in my experience everyone who collects D&E are just vintage collectors that ran out of 78-85 stuff to buy. Surely there must be some people out there who missed the OT and grew up on Droids and Ewoks?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I don't think it helps that the UK got the cartoons late. Even I didn't give a monkeys about them.

Yeah I've suspected those that collect them are just looking for something to do. Ill be delighted when I'm proven wrong a few posts down tho! :)

I've never been interested in them because they've got no nostalgia interest to me and, having seen the cartoons now, I reckon them to be shite.

Palitoyman

Padawan
Great Podcast Jon, I totally agree with your comments on the Matrix and I also like to see proof myself, I just find it quite pathetic that some collectors like their little secrets, we know pretty much who they are, at the end of the day it's a plastic toy!!!

I don't see what the problem is, but just think it's extremely childish, I haven't seen a 41 back Dengar along with a lot of others so until i do it doesn't exist.

With regard to the matrix, it's very good but needs updating more often, using up to date photos would be good for all the collectors.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Bit late with my feedback this month, but another great episode, thanks guys. The interview with Jon was really interesting, as a Palitoy collector myself I've gone down much the same collecting journey and a lot of what was discussed brought back memories for me.

The Landspeeder discussion was good fun and I'd like to mention another couple of great related collectibles, the Waddingtons action figure jigsaws, both of which feature the Palitoy landspeeder prominently.

I'm also a fan of the Droids and Ewoks line having watched the cartoons as a kid (slightly too old for them but hey, it's Star Wars!). I bought my loose and carded sets in the 90s when no-one really wanted them, I don't think I'd pay today's prices but I'm glad I have them in my collection.

And finally thanks Richard for the kind words about my Palitoy custom carded figures, that's really good to hear and i'm glad you appreciated them.

2017-05-01 16.02.38.jpg

2017-05-01 16.02.22.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom