Star Wars Toy of the Week Index

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Micro collection X-Wing is the first toy of this week, share your pictures in this link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35749

Pomse2001

Grand Master
updated with Die Cast Imperial Cruiser, see the link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35898

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Hi guys, I have thought a lot about doing this. Star Wars Toy of the Week, where I will choose a figure, playset or a vehicle each week where all members on the forum can join and share pictures of this item each week with the rest of us on this fantastic forum.

I have also thought about that maybe some or all weeks I will choose more than one item or else it would take years, but then again would it be wrong to use years on this. Would it go to fast if I choose more than one item each week ? let me know what you think ? :D

My thought is that this thread will be used as a master list and the items that is writen in red is items that have not been shared yet.
The items writen in green have been shared and I will add info about which week and year it have been shared and with a link to the weekly thread that I will create each week.

Let me know if I have missed anything that you think could be cool to add and share pictures of in a week in the future ? :D

Oh and maybe some think where the **** is blue snaggletooth, I thought that he would be displayed with the Cantina Adventure Set.

I will choose the first item later today, I hope a lot of you will join and share pictures of your items with the rest of us :D It is
ok to share pictures with the rest us if you only have one vehicle or one figure or if you have 20 figures, 10 boxes or 5 moc of the same character or 10 baggies :wink:

Hi Lars,

Apologies if this is in hand (and if it's not, apologies for adding to your workload!), but your master list on page 1 is missing numerous Palitoy versions of toys which are significantly different to their Kenner counterparts. All of the following not only have different boxes to the Kenner versions, but are also materially different toys:

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Land of the Jawas
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)
Palitoy X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)
Palitoy Battle-Damaged X-Wing Fighter (Empire Strikes Back)

Also, whilst you do have an entry for the Palitoy Death Star, you have hyperlinked it in error to the Kenner Death Star Space Station Toy of the Week thread (http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36112), so please could you correct this?

Many thanks indeed for all your hard work and ongoing efforts to maintain this terrific feature of the Forum. I know lots of members, including me, really enjoy it and look forward to seeing what each new entry will be and whether we can contribute to it :)

Jeremy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Hi guys, I have thought a lot about doing this. Star Wars Toy of the Week, where I will choose a figure, playset or a vehicle each week where all members on the forum can join and share pictures of this item each week with the rest of us on this fantastic forum.

I have also thought about that maybe some or all weeks I will choose more than one item or else it would take years, but then again would it be wrong to use years on this. Would it go to fast if I choose more than one item each week ? let me know what you think ? :D

My thought is that this thread will be used as a master list and the items that is writen in red is items that have not been shared yet.
The items writen in green have been shared and I will add info about which week and year it have been shared and with a link to the weekly thread that I will create each week.

Let me know if I have missed anything that you think could be cool to add and share pictures of in a week in the future ? :D

Oh and maybe some think where the **** is blue snaggletooth, I thought that he would be displayed with the Cantina Adventure Set.

I will choose the first item later today, I hope a lot of you will join and share pictures of your items with the rest of us :D It is
ok to share pictures with the rest us if you only have one vehicle or one figure or if you have 20 figures, 10 boxes or 5 moc of the same character or 10 baggies :wink:

Hi Lars,

Apologies if this is in hand (and if it's not, apologies for adding to your workload!), but your master list on page 1 is missing numerous Palitoy versions of toys which are significantly different to their Kenner counterparts. All of the following not only have different boxes to the Kenner versions, but are also materially different toys:

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory

Also, whilst you do have an entry for the Palitoy Death Star, you have hyperlinked it in error to the Kenner Death Star Space Station Toy of the Week thread (http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36112), so please could you correct this?

Many thanks indeed for all your hard work and ongoing efforts to maintain this terrific feature of the Forum. I know lots of members, including me, really enjoy it and look forward to seeing what each new entry will be and whether we can contribute to it :)

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

My thought was that palitoy items can be uploaded in the threads for the same ones as the kenner etc. etc. So if members have a kenner, palitoy, toltoys, harbert etc. etc. landspeeder, then they can upload them all in the same landspeeder thread. I have only split up the death star thread because they did not use the same name and there is a huge difference between them. But I can see I have made a mistake, Death Star Space Station is the kenner and Death Star is the palitoy so I will change this links :oops:

But when we get to the

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory

then I hope people will point out the detalis.

There is also other vehicles that is different, the glasslite tie fighters and x-wing etc. etc.

and thanks for the help and the kind words :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Jeremy,

My thought was that palitoy items can be uploaded in the threads for the same ones as the kenner etc. etc. So if members have a kenner, palitoy, toltoys, harbert etc. etc. landspeeder, then they can upload them all in the same landspeeder thread. I have only split up the death star thread because they did not use the same name and there is a huge difference between them. But I can see I have made a mistake, Death Star Space Station is the kenner and Death Star is the palitoy so I will change this links :oops:

But when we get to the

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory

There is also other vehicles that is different, the glasslite tie fighters and x-wing etc. etc.

OK Lars, fair enough. When we do get to each of those items, perhaps it might be worth making it clear in the first post of their Toy of the Week thread, that all versions of the toy are covered by the one thread. This might be especially useful for the Kenner 'Creature Cantina', as the Palitoy version is simply called 'Cantina', so with different names it might not be obvious that the one thread covers both toys (which to be fair, are actually very different. The boxes are absolutely nothing alike, and the toys are only superficially similar. And the same is true for the Kenner and Palitoy versions of the Droid Factory and the Land of the Jawas; they really are very different).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Jeremy,

But when we get to the

Palitoy Land Speeder
Palitoy Cantina
Palitoy Droid Factory

OK Lars, fair enough. When we do get to each of those items, perhaps it might be worth making it clear in the first post of their Toy of the Week thread, that all versions of the toy are covered by the one thread. This might be especially useful for the Kenner 'Creature Cantina', as the Palitoy version is simply called 'Cantina', so with different names it might not be obvious that the one thread covers both toys (which to be fair, are actually very different. The boxes are absolutely nothing alike, and the toys are only superficially similar. And the same is true for the Kenner and Palitoy versions of the Droid Factory and the Land of the Jawas; they really are very different).

Thanks I did not know that, I do not have the palitoy land speeder, land of the jawas, cantina and Droid Factory. I have the x-wings I know there is some difference on them but I was thinking x-wing thread would be for all x-wings minus the battle damaged and then I would make a battle damaged x-wing thread for all battle damaged x-wings.

But you have given me something to think about, so I will think about what to do :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom