POTF Planetary Maps ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Does any of you know which boxes the POTF Planetary Maps was in ?

As I understand it they could only be found in

ATL Interceptor Vehicle
Side Gunner Vehicle
A-Wing Fighter
Ewok Battle Wagon Vehicle
Tatooine Skiff Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nick_IoW said:
Pomse2001 said:
Nick_IoW said:
That's all there was as far as I recall. Yep just those.

So they were not found in any of the other POTF boxes ? :?

The playpacks? Nope.

No I was more thinking about the 3 small vehicles in POTF box ?

As I understand it the playbacks was sold with Tri-logo poster ? :?

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
There was three different maps, The Death Star; Endor, the Sanctuary Moon; The Planet Tatooine.

They were inside those five toys as you say. As far as I know, you could find any of the three maps in any of the five toys.

My side gunner box shows how the map was advertised as inside. The maps were considered more like an added feature. It also tells you to "Collect all Three" to encourage more sales.

You never saw Kenner advertising a in-package catalog in previous toys.

SIDE-GUNNER-BOXED.png

Star-Wars-POTF-Planetary-Map-front.png

The one below is the Death Star.

star-wars-potf-planetary-map-open-imperial-shuttle.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Yes Lars your list is right. The only slight anomalies are that the Skiff didn't include the prominent yellow offer 'Planetary Map Inside' on the box like all the others did, and that the Glasslite versions of the ATL Interceptor and Side Gunner did not include the map (it was Kenner only).

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've always liked the Planetary Maps, although I only own one of them:

Planetary Map 01.jpg

Planetary Map 02.jpg

I particularly like the fact that the Planetary Maps are one of the very few places that Kenner used the last ever group shot showing 'all' 93 figures available, including Yak Face. This is the card back shot they SHOULD have used on the reverse of the POTF Yak Face card, but mystifyingly didn't...

Planetary Map 03.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
There was three different maps, The Death Star; Endor, the Sanctuary Moon; The Planet Tatooine.

They were inside those five toys as you say. As far as I know, you could find any of the three maps in any of the five toys.

My side gunner box shows how the map was advertised as inside. The maps were considered more like an added feature. It also tells you to "Collect all Three" to encourage more sales.

You never saw Kenner advertising a in-package catalog in previous toys.

SIDE-GUNNER-BOXED.png

Star-Wars-POTF-Planetary-Map-front.png

The one below is the Death Star.

star-wars-potf-planetary-map-open-imperial-shuttle.jpg

Thanks alex, why I am asking is that their is no info on the Tatooine Skiff Vehicle about any map and as I understand the map was also in that box and then I thought maybe it was also in some of the other POTF boxes :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Yes Lars your list is right. The only slight anomalies are that the Skiff didn't include the prominent yellow offer 'Planetary Map Inside' on the box like all the others did, and that the Glasslite versions of the ATL Interceptor and Side Gunner did not include the map (it was Kenner only).

Thanks so my list is correct :D do you know if there was any commercial catalogs or posters in the potf box with the 3 small vehicles ? :?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Thanks so my list is correct :D do you know if there was any commercial catalogs or posters in the potf box with the 3 small vehicles ? :?

You mean the three little 'body rigs'? No, they were v.small little boxes and defo didn't include a poster catalog (it wouldn't have fitted even if they'd wanted to).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Pomse2001 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

You mean the three little 'body rigs'? No, they were v.small little boxes and defo didn't include a poster catalog (it wouldn't have fitted even if they'd wanted to).

I was just thinking if I remember correct all boxes was sold with some kind of paper, poster or a little book with commercials. So there must have been something in this 3 boxes :?

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Pomse2001 said:

I was just thinking if I remember correct all boxes was sold with some kind of paper, poster or a little book with commercials. So there must have been something in this 3 boxes :?

This is the contents of my Side Gunner.

SIDE-GUNNER-CONTENTS.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
Pomse2001 said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

This is the contents of my Side Gunner.

SIDE-GUNNER-CONTENTS.png

But it is the

Security Scout Vehicle.
Imperial Sniper Vehicle.
One Man Sand Skimmer Vehicle.

Was there no commercials in this boxes ? :?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
But it is the

Security Scout Vehicle.
Imperial Sniper Vehicle.

Which versions do you mean, Lars? The Kenner versions, which were carded, or the European versions, which were boxed?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Pomse2001 said:
But it is the

Security Scout Vehicle.
Imperial Sniper Vehicle.

Which versions do you mean, Lars? The Kenner versions, which were carded, or the European versions, which were boxed?

The boxed :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Planetary maps were a Kenner thing and the boxed versions were European, so they weren't in there. No catalogues at all in there as far as I know.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Planetary maps were a Kenner thing and the boxed versions were European, so they weren't in there. No catalogues at all in there as far as I know.

Ok thanks for the info, is that the only 3 boxes that was sold without posters or catalogues or was there others in the star wars, ESB, or ROTJ line ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom