Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeditoybox

Name: David
Single
Residence: Southend, Essex
Kids: 0 (although I look after 1600 of other people's kids)
Pets: none
Collecting focus: I have a complete run of loose vintage as well as a handful of MOCs, ships, playsets, etc.

I've been collecting in some form or another for the past 25 years but always in relative isolation. I'd love to become part of the collecting community in a much more social way. Started listening to the Vintage Rebellion podcast about 18 months ago which made me realise just how much the community had to offer.
I'm looking forward to getting more involved.

tigerham

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
tigerham said:
Hi everyone. Tigerham is the name (Ham) and was a member over 6 years ago. Had a great experience the first time round for sure. :)

I am only back on board for a short while but look forward to meeting a few of you soon. Peace and Love my friends. :) X

Hi Hamid! Did I buy a 12 A R2 from you previously? :?:

Hi Wrighty, pm sent. :)

Screen Moments

Youngling
Hi,

my name is Louise and I'm a collector of original vintage film posters. As with many of you here, there comes a stage where your collection reaches a size and breadth that you effectively become a dealer. In terms of film posters and to a smaller extent animation cels this occured for me two years ago. I created my own website, screenmoments.com, through which I sell.

Star Wars has been a major part of my childhood (and adulthood) and as such I've always bought and continue to buy Star Wars posters. I will list posters for sale in the appropriate forum but if you have any queries on Star Wars posters whether looking to buy or not don't hesitate to PM me. I was fortunate enough to get my picture taken with Carrie Fisher at Star Wars Celebration (London 2016) and that is probably my most treasured Star Wars item.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Screen Moments said:
Hi,

my name is Louise and I'm a collector of original vintage film posters. As with many of you here, there comes a stage where your collection reaches a size and breadth that you effectively become a dealer. In terms of film posters and to a smaller extent animation cels this occured for me two years ago. I created my own website, screenmoments.com, through which I sell.

Star Wars has been a major part of my childhood (and adulthood) and as such I've always bought and continue to buy Star Wars posters. I will list posters for sale in the appropriate forum but if you have any queries on Star Wars posters whether looking to buy or not don't hesitate to PM me. I was fortunate enough to get my picture taken with Carrie Fisher at Star Wars Celebration (London 2016) and that is probably my most treasured Star Wars item.

Hello. Always found posters great art work. Welcome to the side. Podcasts are good and have also covered posters. Mid 20s if my podcast memory serves me correct.

Screen Moments

Youngling
Taffius said:
Hello. Always found posters great art work. Welcome to the side. Podcasts are good and have also covered posters. Mid 20s if my podcast memory serves me correct.

Hi,
thanks for the heads-up. Which podcast would that be? Vintage Rebellion ?

Taffius

Sith Lord
Screen Moments said:
Taffius said:

Hi,
thanks for the heads-up. Which podcast would that be? Vintage Rebellion ?

Sorry. Yes. Try around 24 to 28 I think. I am still trying to catch up on them myself as only been on here since late Dec 17.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Screen Moments said:
Hi,

Hi there,
I read above that you deal in animation cells.
I have one that I am interested in getting valued and possibly be interested in selling.
Can you help?

Screen Moments

Youngling
Mini99 said:
Screen Moments said:
Hi there,
I read above that you deal in animation cells.
I have one that I am interested in getting valued and possibly be interested in selling.
Can you help?

Sure.

PM full image of animation cell and anything else that came with it (eg certificate of authentication, production folders, drawings, etc) and I'll take a look.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
Welcome David, I was born in southend on sea :) good to see a fellow Essex boy on here :)

Agreed! I'm from your neck of the woods too. Grew up in Rayleigh and lived in Wescliff and Leigh in my 20's. Great part of the world, still think of it as home. Welcome David and other new members. Don't be shy, show us your collections and get amongst it :)

Lindo

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
Lindo said:
Welcome David, I was born in southend on sea :) good to see a fellow Essex boy on here :)

Agreed! I'm from your neck of the woods too. Grew up in Rayleigh and lived in Wescliff and Leigh in my 20's. Great part of the world, still think of it as home. Welcome David and other new members. Don't be shy, show us your collections and get amongst it :)
my Dad still lives in Rayleigh, near battlesbridge antiques centre if you know it

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
Robstyley said:
Lindo said:

my Dad still lives in Rayleigh, near battlesbridge antiques centre if you know it
We live in Feering, between Chelmsford and Colchester. Pop to Battlesbridge occasionally. Got a lovely Welsh dresser from there. Also go to South Woodham Ferrers a lot to Marsh Farm, and Leigh for the folk festival sometimes. Good to see there's a little Essex brigade on the forum.

JL601251

Name: Jason
Single/Married: Married
Lives: wirral
Kids: 2
Pets: Black Lab called Charlie
Collecting Focus: Vintage Starwars Bit to complete my childhood toys.

As a child I had an extensive collection of original Star Wars vehicles, figures & memorabilia...it was an obsession! Due to my parents going their separate ways, me moving away, subsequent deaths and house sales I had assumed that all my beloved gear had been sold/thrown away. I got a call last week from a distant relative who had been clearing through their loft and found my Star Wars gear...although the collection has been depleted over the years and only half of what I had I was like a 5 year old again..!!!

Looking to find spare parts from like minded people and not people who just want to rip people off to complete various items that obviously have been lost over the last 32 years or so, also any tips on cleaning them up as they have 30+ years of storage dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom