Latest Acquisitions

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Thanks to Iain for shipping this over from the States.

IMG_5377.JPG

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
hellhippie said:
very cool on the childhood store stickers.
chipsteak said:
I'm all for the childhood shop stickers.

That's hard-core nostalgic material - I consider things like that pretty much priceless.
MarkG said:
Great score on the childhood price sticker...and on a Speeder Bike to boot.... I've got one from my childhood store too... to me it's priceless no matter what you paid.
Cheers guys. You're right, it's pretty much priceless to me and it wasn't that expensive so absolutely no regrets. Only problem with the box being battered is I'm not sure it'll fit in an acrylic case.

poncho

Grand Master
dont buy much these days

but i caught this new listed buy it now from a none collector on ebay £7 bargain all day in that condition

this tusken is awesome look at the silver paint on the spikes and eyes cheeks hardly a scuff! 8) shiney 8)

its limbs are stiff and the cape is rip free around holes and there no stains.

this will sit nicely amongst my loose collection

regards

chris

Attachments

• 20180205_110558.jpg
    20180205_110558.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 694

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Regarding price tags.

I'm not a focus guy but one thing I enjoy is obsessively looking at the price labels of UK bought stuff to see if it's one of my old haunts.

I've thought about starting a swap shop so that I could get people's unwanted Jolly Giants for my unappreciated Toy And Hobby.:) But with inevitable variable conditions, and more, it would be impractical.

I dunno if I'm confessing to being insane ( I'm among friends hopefully ) but I collect bags and other ephemera - or detritus probably - from old shops, mostly with a tenuous Star Wars toy connection.

It's boxed away like some secret shame. I keep meaning to get it out and start a thread about it.

lejackal

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
Regarding price tags.

I'm not a focus guy but one thing I enjoy is obsessively looking at the price labels of UK bought stuff to see if it's one of my old haunts.

I've thought about starting a swap shop so that I could get people's unwanted Jolly Giants for my unappreciated Toy And Hobby.:) But with inevitable variable conditions, and more, it would be impractical.

I dunno if I'm confessing to being insane ( I'm among friends hopefully ) but I collect bags and other ephemera - or detritus probably - from old shops, mostly with a tenuous Star Wars toy connection.

It's boxed away like some secret shame. I keep meaning to get it out and start a thread about it.
No shame there- I love price stickers and having a run with all the same sticker looks the mutts nuts. Bags are also brilliant, I've currently got a KayBee one in my cabinet and have my eye on another one to buy this month :D

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Regarding price tags.

I bought a boxed AT-AT last year and it had a Tesco £24.99 price sticker on it. Exactly the same shop and price when my Dad bought me one for Christmas 1982. :D

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Regarding price tags.

Nothing wrong with that!

I've also thought of either starting a thread or a website about this. I'd love to set up a UK-wide map that allowed you to drill down to locations of old toy shops, along with pictures of the shop then & now and any old toys with the price stickers on. I really need to free up some time to do it.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Just be careful with those plastic bags, as they do have a habit of falling apart over time.
I think it depends on what type of plastic they are made of and where they are stored.

lejackal

Grand Master
Another piece of my childhood collection puzzle falls into place with this not strictly speaking vintage (1988) sealed West End Games Assault on Hoth.

Attachments

• 27148D09-E4DE-4DA3-8CBB-CA287D0B51D4.jpeg
    27148D09-E4DE-4DA3-8CBB-CA287D0B51D4.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,198

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Nice leejackel, love a bit of a board game !
So I've been away for a bit due to work on housss and money has been tight. Now getting back into collecting and adding to the R2 focus I had of loose figures and now trying to get some budget Mocs - when I say budget I mean with issues so Cardbacks with bubbles attached , partially sealed but figure can or can't be taken out.
Here's my first of 3 new arrivals from this month.
C3po tri logo , looks to have had bubble removed / or at least mostly taken off and figures removed. I'm not touching it and happy with how it presents in a case .this was under my budget of £50 so proper chuffed With it!
Ricky
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28436&p=472682#p472682

Attachments

• IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,175
  • IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,168

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Next up was this Kenner R2D2 Rotj with partially attached bubble . I got it with a few Cardbacks too which was nice although they again have issues but it was well under my £50 budget and popped in a R2 (solid dome until I get a sensorscope!). It's nicely displayed in a case and I'm happy with it !
Ricky

Attachments

• IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,164

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
And now to my final piece which came again with couple of other Cardbacks. This is a Kenner R5D4 Rotj moc with partially attached bubble. I currently am waiting on a R5 figure to arrive to place inside. But in its case it looks good .
So there you go ...I'm back !
Ricky ⚒

My current uptodate showcase :-

Attachments

• IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_1557.JPG
    IMG_1557.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,165

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Lovely pick ups there Shaky, man after my own heart, great on display, saving damaged cards, and much easier on the wallet, great stuff bud 8)

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
A couple of items that I've been able to add to the focus over the last few months: a German ESB and a nice Kay-Bee twin pack with Biker Scout - 2 imperials! :)

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Front.JPG

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Rev.JPG

ROTJ Sears Twin Pack (Vader + Biker Scout).jpg

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
darth_daddius said:
A couple of items that I've been able to add to the focus over the last few months: a German ESB and a nice Kay-Bee twin pack with Biker Scout - 2 imperials! :)

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Front.JPG

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Rev.JPG

ROTJ Sears Twin Pack (Vader + Biker Scout).jpg

Damn how much were these beauties??

Latest posts

Top Bottom