Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:I have a couple of these. If your going to buy, buy the best condition!


Thanks Alex for sharing pictures of your moc Jann Tosh collection. I was beginning to think I was the only one who have a droids focus :lol:

Some beautiful moc and I love the front and the back of those Droids cards 8)

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby retrotoyinfo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:55 pm

I am very fond of the Droids series. The figures were also released by Kenner Canada in Bi-lingual text and some by Glasslite in Brazil. Added interest to the Droids series figures includes the cross over to include Boba Fett, the last 17 A-Wing pilot, new versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, the inclusion of a Coin with every figure the same as POTF, the ultra-rare 2nd series Vlix only available by Glasslite, and the aborted other second series figures.

Image
www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:50 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:I am very fond of the Droids series. The figures were also released by Kenner Canada in Bi-lingual text and some by Glasslite in Brazil. Added interest to the Droids series figures includes the cross over to include Boba Fett, the last 17 A-Wing pilot, new versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, the inclusion of a Coin with every figure the same as POTF, the ultra-rare 2nd series Vlix only available by Glasslite, and the aborted other second series figures.

Image


Nice picture from a book 8) I like the glasslite figures :D but the cardbacks on the canadian figures is not me :( I got an offer 13 years ago to buy a Vlix for 500 Euro. But I said no, today I would have said yes :roll:

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby retrotoyinfo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:I am very fond of the Droids series. The figures were also released by Kenner Canada in Bi-lingual text and some by Glasslite in Brazil. Added interest to the Droids series figures includes the cross over to include Boba Fett, the last 17 A-Wing pilot, new versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, the inclusion of a Coin with every figure the same as POTF, the ultra-rare 2nd series Vlix only available by Glasslite, and the aborted other second series figures.

Image


Nice picture from a book 8) I like the glasslite figures :D but the cardbacks on the canadian figures is not me :( I got an offer 13 years ago to buy a Vlix for 500 Euro. But I said no, today I would have said yes :roll:


The 'book' is the Kenner 1986 toy fair catalog. I think you were offered the same Vlix as me :lol: which I also turned down.

The Kenner Canada card fronts were rather curious. They were truly generic in that not even the name of the figure was printed. Like the Glasslite fronts, the Kenner Canada had Vlix on the front, even though he did not appear on the back of the card as an available figure. I have a couple of them

Image
www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:08 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:I am very fond of the Droids series. The figures were also released by Kenner Canada in Bi-lingual text and some by Glasslite in Brazil. Added interest to the Droids series figures includes the cross over to include Boba Fett, the last 17 A-Wing pilot, new versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, the inclusion of a Coin with every figure the same as POTF, the ultra-rare 2nd series Vlix only available by Glasslite, and the aborted other second series figures.

Image


Nice picture from a book 8) I like the glasslite figures :D but the cardbacks on the canadian figures is not me :( I got an offer 13 years ago to buy a Vlix for 500 Euro. But I said no, today I would have said yes :roll:


The 'book' is the Kenner 1986 toy fair catalog. I think you were offered the same Vlix as me :lol: which I also turned down.

The Kenner Canada card fronts were rather curious. They were truly generic in that not even the name of the figure was printed. Like the Glasslite fronts, the Kenner Canada had Vlix on the front, even though he did not appear on the back of the card as an available figure. I have a couple of them

Image


Nice book you have 8) The guy who offered me his vlix 13 years ago was from germany, but I do not remember his name. I have not talked with him for many years, I think he was selling his collection in 2005 and I bought some figures from him but I thought 500 euro was a lot of money for one figure. I have learned a lot since 2005 :lol:

I have never understood why kenner canada used the same cardback for all the droids figures, they did the same with the ewoks :roll:

User avatar
Rich200
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Rich200 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Loose Jann Tosh and coin. This figure always reminds me of a mate who has similar face to this chap, the same jaw line :D .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am

Rich200 wrote:Loose Jann Tosh and coin. This figure always reminds me of a mate who has similar face to this chap, the same jaw line :D .


Nice, beautiful figure and coin. I love the stands and how you display them, very cool 8)

User avatar
Rich200
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Rich200 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Rich200 wrote:Loose Jann Tosh and coin. This figure always reminds me of a mate who has similar face to this chap, the same jaw line :D .


Nice, beautiful figure and coin. I love the stands and how you display them, very cool 8)


Thanks, all stands courtesy of Iain Sanderson

User avatar
coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby coomber75 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 pm

went in for these couple of years ago then sold them all last year to fund sw backs... only thing left is the side gunner... but they do look cool in the flesh

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

Rich200 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Rich200 wrote:Loose Jann Tosh and coin. This figure always reminds me of a mate who has similar face to this chap, the same jaw line :D .


Nice, beautiful figure and coin. I love the stands and how you display them, very cool 8)


Thanks, all stands courtesy of Iain Sanderson


Nice, now I know where I can buy this coin stands if I in the future get enough room to display them :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:46 am

coomber75 wrote:went in for these couple of years ago then sold them all last year to fund sw backs... only thing left is the side gunner... but they do look cool in the flesh


Do you regret selling them ?

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby retrotoyinfo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Any of my star wars I have sold I regret, but have had to for financial reasons. I have even had to sell star wars items to pay my rent in the past.
www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:50 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:Any of my star wars I have sold I regret, but have had to for financial reasons. I have even had to sell star wars items to pay my rent in the past.


sorry to read about that :( I hope you get a chance to get it back in the future :wink:

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Mini99 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Never been that interested in the Droids or Ewoks series, but lately I’ve been looking at the MOC art for the Droids and thinking I quite like it, might look nice in my collection. :o

Totally agree, the card art is really nice, particularly on the Droids range.
I also think the “cartoon” ness and colour of these figures make them worth a second look.
I wish that I had bought some back in the 80 90s when dealers couldn’t give them away!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :roll:

Even 3-5 years ago they were pretty cheap. Lars I have other priorities at the moment having just bought my first 20 / 21 Back and contemplating a run, but if something pops up for the right price... we’ll i just love a bargain. :D

User avatar
coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby coomber75 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 pm

nope think they have gone to someone who will enjoy and display them better


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests