Ewok tri-logo tape on bubble?!

Oracle

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Really interesting thread, guys.

I have certainly never seen a taped weapon in a Tri-logo, sealed bubble. I have only been collecting them a few years but it's a well known feature that the weapons aren't taped, as folks have already mentioned.

Oracle, welcome to the forum, mate. You've got some lovely bits from your childhood. Kudos to you for keeping them! However, I am discounting your two examples of taped weapons for two reasons: Firstly, they're open. Memory plays tricks on us and we humans are fallible! The fact they're open does preclude them from being evidence of taped weapons. And 2) The weapons are taped on the wrong side. Sounds like a funny thing to say but the only time I know if weapons being taped on the right hand side of the bubble (as you look at it) is for IG-88, Cloud Car Pilot and I think Luke Jedi(?). The common feature there is they all had two weapons/accessories to hold.

As for that Chripa. Hmmm. As mentioned the lines are common enough. I can't see anything that screams reseal but I have an amazing IG-88 Trilogo reseal that doesn't look like one. The tape says reseal to me but if in doubt ask the question of the seller, buy it (although it's at least twice the price you should look to pay for Chirpa in Trilogo in that condition!) and then you have ample grounds for a return. If it isn't a reseal it's a very cool trilogo variation :)

Thanks for the welcome and I'm really enjoying the forum and shared knowledge.

I absolutely understand where you are coming from with regards my opened figures. I can only say again that I have no doubt the tape is original and on the side shown. Both bubbles are still attached at the top and left side edges; it would be really hard for me to have put tape in. Not impossible, but why would I do that? On the Teebo card you can see where the tape has been moulded and stretched around the weapon as I have wiggled it to remove it. I was able to poke the spear back in to this for the photo without lifting the tape. Still only secondary evidence as the bubble is not sealed. Hopefully contributes a little to the info out there and maybe a MOC will surface somewhere.

Joe

Grand Master
No tape was ever used to secure weapons inside the bubbles on Trilogos. Never happened, not even once :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:
No tape was ever used to secure weapons inside the bubbles on Trilogos. Never happened, not even once :)
Thanks Joe, I said earlier that you would know for sure, I thought I was haveing "false memories", as I have never seen it either.

Oracle

Padawan
So where does that leave me? Not sure how this tape arrived in two of my childhood cardbacked bubbles, the authenticity of which will now be held in doubt. I'm still 100% that these are the condition I opened them in 1980s so either I landed two specials, or they are very early reseals (not by me). :shock:

Perhaps this should be my focus, is that Chirpa still available? :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oracle said:
So where does that leave me? Not sure how this tape arrived in two of my childhood cardbacked bubbles, the authenticity of which will now be held in doubt. I'm still 100% that these are the condition I opened them in 1980s so either I landed two specials, or they are very early reseals (not by me). :shock:

Perhaps this should be my focus, is that Chirpa still available? :D
There were certainly re seals about in the 80s, as I picked one or two up in my naivety!

Oracle

Padawan
Mini99 said:
There were certainly re seals about in the 80s, as I picked one or two up in my naivety!

Did you get yours from a shop opposite Bejam in Letchworth by any chance? :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oracle said:
Mini99 said:

Did you get yours from a shop opposite Bejam in Letchworth by any chance? :lol:
No I picked them up from various toy/sci fi fairs, noobie mistakes! :?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:

Knew you couldn't stay away :lol: Thanks for the input, Joe. And just in case you thought I was losing grip on Trilogo reality talking about taped weapons of IG, CC and Luke Jedi I meant on any other cardback not TLs ;)

Now go play with your RGB toys :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom