UK Customs charges

tigerham

Sith Lord
HI all,

I recently purchased a MOC from Belgium and now it seems to be stuck at UK customs being assessed for charges. My first reaction was 'huh?'.

I thought if a MOC is being sent from an EU country then there are no charges. Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 09.19.20.png

subzero

Sith Lord
That's strange, could maybe just be a generic message as the package has reached the point where it goes through with other packages from other non-EU countries?, maybe they will just assess that it's from the EU and let it pass through.

Crumm

Padawan
subzero said:
That's strange, could maybe just be a generic message as the package has reached the point where it goes through with other packages from other non-EU countries?, maybe they will just assess that it's from the EU and let it pass through.

I was just thinking that myself. It looks like a generic update.

tigerham

Sith Lord
I really hope it's a generic message as I've not come across this situation before. It Usually gets held (no message) and then gets released soon after.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks guys.

tigerham

Sith Lord
I just checked the tracking again and it's been released so hopefully no charges.

Thank you for the help.

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 12.12.44.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
yoda said:
Once Brexit kicks in thats probably the start of the import charges.

I hope the politicians are adult enough to make deals so we can still trade with each other without import charges. I have never understood why we should be a member of EU and why we can't trade unless we are members of EU :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
Maybe this message update shows they've already laid the groundwork in their tracking/updates system to get ready for EU import tax?

As tigerham has said this is the first time he's had this update.... :?

tigerham

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Too many idiots describing it as Plastic Crack has raised suspicions...
:lol:

Yes, will be interesting to see what happens upon the 'Brexit'.

Just got a message from the seller saying there will be no charges. Nice to see his confidence. I'll have mine in a month or so when I know I'm clear of any customs post as I had charges sent to me a few weeks after I had received something from the US before. Delayed reaction.

tigerham

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Holy **** that's the best I've ever seen :lol:

Likewise. Opened up the package to find a wooden box and thought solid! Nice. ;)

The kind of packaging I'd use to send canvas paintings, lol.

tigerham

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
What's in the box? Show show show.......... :lol:

Lol, patience you must have my young padawan. :wink:

I'm just waiting for a few more things. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom