Is This A Record ?

yoda

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
There does seem to of been some sort of effort to drive the prices up, especially on facebook (which I am no longer on) The people on here are a bit more grounded and prices are better.

Ok I've never joined any of those groups before so I'm not familiar with what goes on in them.
Only here and on eBay is where I have bought anything regarding my collecting.

subzero

Sith Lord
Believe it or not on echobase several weeks back I seen a complete pop up R2 in very nice condition sold for £200.... yep :shock: shocking!

After all the high prices on there I was surprised to see that, it was posted up for like 5 seconds and someone snapped it up before I could even start typing. :( ... The guy knew full well he could have quickly sold it for £300+ but wanted to offer someone a good deal, maybe he bought it himself for £200 previously and wasn't bothered about making a profit.

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
sparkysx said:
I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

I know I got my pop-up for around £200 on here about 15 months ago.
Do you believe these are figures are deliberately being driven up in price for some sort of longer term plan by someone?

Funny you should say that, I actually bought a 2nd complete pop up R2 the other week as an investment... :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
subzero said:
yoda said:
sparkysx said:
I only need yak and pop up r2 to complete, there was a popup r2 at farthest from last year for £170 so I don't understand this. Someone is driving these up.

Do you believe these are figures are deliberately being driven up in price for some sort of longer term plan by someone?

Funny you should say that, I actually bought a 2nd complete pop up R2 the other week as an investment... :lol:

So your the phantom bidder :twisted: bumping up these prices for part of your long term investment plan :lol: can I join you :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I still need one to complete the loose run but not paying £300+ I was kicking myself because a toy dealer at barry potter last year had one in reasonable condition but said he was unsure if the sabre was real. I was positive it was and he was only asking £160 but i was broke and being sensible. Regretted it ever since.

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
subzero said:
yoda said:

So your the phantom bidder :twisted: bumping up these prices for part of your long term investment plan :lol: can I join you :lol:

Haha, I thought i'd be fair to collectors as this purchase was a buy it now. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom