How Many Known Examples Exist?

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Here's a true story. Back in early 2000's when Kellerman was writing his bible, despite his extensive research he never identified a Kenner Jedi 65 back Hoth trooper as existing. Odd but true, and his matrix still states this 'fact'.

Now i knew i had one, and bizarrely it turned out to be the 'first' that had ever been identified. I ended up selling it way back in 2003 for £300 to a serious imperial stormtrooper collector from the US.

Even weirder still, I then found another almost immediately after. A few more have since come out of the woodwork, but I think there may be still less than 10 around. My claim to SW fame is that at one point in time I owned the only known example. Pretty cool.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Dannywhiteley said:
Here's a true story. Back in early 2000's when Kellerman was writing his bible, despite his extensive research he never identified a Kenner Jedi 65 back Hoth trooper as existing. Odd but true, and his matrix still states this 'fact'.

Now i knew i had one, and bizarrely it turned out to be the 'first' that had ever been identified. I ended up selling it way back in 2003 for £300 to a serious imperial stormtrooper collector from the US.

Even weirder still, I then found another almost immediately after. A few more have since come out of the woodwork, but I think there may be still less than 10 around. My claim to SW fame is that at one point in time I owned the only known example. Pretty cool.

Certainly remember that back in the day over on RS. Lots of jaws dropped when you posted up the 'mirror' photo.. one of the great days in collecting history.

subzero

Sith Lord
That Hoth Trooper story is pretty awesome, i'm taking it owners of other examples spotted this news online and checked what they had in their collections and found the same one that they never knew they had, then decided to cash in on it's rarity, which is why several of them surfaced just after your first discovery.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
subzero said:
That Hoth Trooper story is pretty awesome, i'm taking it owners of other examples spotted this news online and checked what they had in their collections and found the same one that they never knew they had, then decided to cash in on it's rarity, which is why several of them surfaced just after your first discovery.

Similar thing seems to be happening with the Palitoy VCJ I just got offered another one, that's three I could have bought in less than a year. Undoubtedly more will surface after the high profile Vectis sale for the same reason as mentioned above people looking to cash in.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Funny thing was it was such a random one to have never been officially identified. I think these days every possible Kenner card back/front variation has been researched to death, but at the time it felt like the equivalent of pulling out a 21 back Fett Offer R2D2. And it's still very hard to find.

Can still search all the original posts on RS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom