Is Star Wars only for the rich ?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
Last month a solo poch carback sold for £745, ****ing crazy I do not know how many money people have to buy for. But I think many collectors maybe have between £50 and £200 every month. So with some prices today it would take more than 50 years to complete a full run of some foreign items, I think :?

What do you think ?

Lars, well tonight a Solo poch cardback sold for almost a £ grand! That's some crazy money for a cardback - there must be a couple of guys out there really competing with each other for the poch right now!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-wars-vintage-han-solo-bespin-pbp-poch-41-Back-Card-Cardback-rare-vgc-england-/292445997326?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=25HeFmNIiVOZPXhRTqn07YMW2SM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Merrion

Padawan
In answer to the thread title question I would say yes. Now that we have cleared this up I demand all posters on this forum who are not rich and have a star wars vintage collection to send it to me without delay. You dont deserve it :twisted:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Pomse2001 said:
Last month a solo poch carback sold for £745, ****ing crazy I do not know how many money people have to buy for. But I think many collectors maybe have between £50 and £200 every month. So with some prices today it would take more than 50 years to complete a full run of some foreign items, I think :?

What do you think ?

Lars, well tonight a Solo poch cardback sold for almost a £ grand! That's some crazy money for a cardback - there must be a couple of guys out there really competing with each other for the poch right now!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-wars-vintage-han-solo-bespin-pbp-poch-41-Back-Card-Cardback-rare-vgc-england-/292445997326?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=25HeFmNIiVOZPXhRTqn07YMW2SM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Yes I saw the auction, but it was to expensive for me :(

some of the high bidders did also bid on this poch cardbacks and won them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/292441108626?item=292441108626&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/292433249695?item=292433249695&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/292418721713?item=292418721713&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

BradleyScott

Youngling
I can remember going to ol fleas and getting pieces in the early 2000's for next to nothing. I remember buying foreign back then and everyone was on the hunt for kenner. Not too many people paid attention to the foreign, so that was usually passed on and sold very cheap compared to kenner counterparts.
I remember when I bought a trilogy carded Boba Fett for between 1100 to 1200. Forget exactly, but those items didn't command to much. I remember when you use to see a Tri General Madine for a couple 1000.
The inflation on everything is crazy. It shows no letting up in the future either. Disney is Marketing the hell out of Star Wars. I mean really a Han Solo movie. "Really"? In my opinion they are destroying the **** out of it. Just My opinion and I know I have veered way off course.
Obviously I blame most of it on the Internet thee inflation that is. Remember networking and stuff like that. It was cool. Now everything is at your finger tips. Maybe Im just old LOL. Metallica!!!!!
I love Star Wars but damn its hard to compete with all these Deep pockets. I mean when something that comes up thats Foreign and Rare the Demand for that item is there man and the price it realizes is sometimes hard to fathom, but who's to say what anything is worth. Now days there is no price guide. You can throw that out the window. Don't ask for advice because you throw that thing up at auction and your almost wrong every time. We have seen record prices on the incline for some time. I mean there is a foreign complete card lili ledy Burgundy Bib on a famous site right now and I can't wait to see what it realizes as I know I cant afford it. LOL.
In a way its sad, but good for business I guess. How long will these sky rocketing prices continue???????

Pomse2001

Grand Master
BradleyScott said:
I can remember going to ol fleas and getting pieces in the early 2000's for next to nothing. I remember buying foreign back then and everyone was on the hunt for kenner. Not too many people paid attention to the foreign, so that was usually passed on and sold very cheap compared to kenner counterparts.
I remember when I bought a trilogy carded Boba Fett for between 1100 to 1200. Forget exactly, but those items didn't command to much. I remember when you use to see a Tri General Madine for a couple 1000.
The inflation on everything is crazy. It shows no letting up in the future either. Disney is Marketing the hell out of Star Wars. I mean really a Han Solo movie. "Really"? In my opinion they are destroying the **** out of it. Just My opinion and I know I have veered way off course.
Obviously I blame most of it on the Internet thee inflation that is. Remember networking and stuff like that. It was cool. Now everything is at your finger tips. Maybe Im just old LOL. Metallica!!!!!
I love Star Wars but damn its hard to compete with all these Deep pockets. I mean when something that comes up thats Foreign and Rare the Demand for that item is there man and the price it realizes is sometimes hard to fathom, but who's to say what anything is worth. Now days there is no price guide. You can throw that out the window. Don't ask for advice because you throw that thing up at auction and your almost wrong every time. We have seen record prices on the incline for some time. I mean there is a foreign complete card lili ledy Burgundy Bib on a famous site right now and I can't wait to see what it realizes as I know I cant afford it. LOL.
In a way its sad, but good for business I guess. How long will these sky rocketing prices continue???????

I was one of them, hunting kenner and palitoy in the old days. In the early 00 I remember I saw a lot with some kenner, palitoy and some poch cardbacks in a lot here in denmark. I did not know anything about poch, I just thought the (Gratis) on the cardbacks maybe were swedish stickers or something like that and that was not something I wanted. Many years later I learned they were poch and I regret a lot that I did not buy that lot :( that day I could have got a lot of kenner, palitoy and a few poch for £50, seller did not even know they were poch.

I think the sky rocket prices will continue on the rare items :cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom