Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome back Ham, good to see you posting again, welcome to all the new members as well. Great forum great guys, happy collecting :D

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Hey guys,

Having been a long time, dedicated lurker I figured it was about time I finally introduced myself and start putting something back into the hobby. My name is Chris and I have an addiction...

Like probably 99% of you I've been a fan since I first saw Star Wars as a kid...actually, I think I was fan before I saw the films! As a kid in the late 80s I had an older brother who had a few figures and the neighbour's older kids had an awesome bunch of "space toys" that i would always make a B-line for when going round to play.

In '94 i received Empire on VHS for Christmas and that kick started the real fandom and collecting proper. I immediately went and bought Jedi on VHS with some Christmas money and would rent A New Hope from the local video store several times before I got my own copy.

So through out the 90s and early 2000's I was building my loose vintage collection and also built up a good modern collection. I came to my senses and off loaded all the modern junk sometime around 2005. All the vintage went into storage for several years as I finished uni, got a job and took a deep interest in beer and titties.

Then with all the new film hype around The Force Awakens it quite literally awoke the force in me again. I dug it all out of my folk's loft, realised that scrunched up newspaper and years in a loft with hugely fluctuation annual temperatures really doesn't do their condition much favour. So I started upgrading their condition, filling the gaps and completing the accessories. Although I was always a loose collector, since reviving my passion a few years ago I have discovered the money pit that it MOC collecting.

Anyway, I look forward to some top notch nerding out with you guys. Cause my girlfriend, although a very tolerate and supportive lady, really couldn't give a **** about whether my Bespin guard has a handlebar or Magnum PI 'stache.

Chris

Taffius

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Hey guys,

Having been a long time, dedicated lurker I figured it was about time I finally introduced myself and start putting something back into the hobby. My name is Chris and I have an addiction...

Like probably 99% of you I've been a fan since I first saw Star Wars as a kid...actually, I think I was fan before I saw the films! As a kid in the late 80s I had an older brother who had a few figures and the neighbour's older kids had an awesome bunch of "space toys" that i would always make a B-line for when going round to play.

In '94 i received Empire on VHS for Christmas and that kick started the real fandom and collecting proper. I immediately went and bought Jedi on VHS with some Christmas money and would rent A New Hope from the local video store several times before I got my own copy.

So through out the 90s and early 2000's I was building my loose vintage collection and also built up a good modern collection. I came to my senses and off loaded all the modern junk sometime around 2005. All the vintage went into storage for several years as I finished uni, got a job and took a deep interest in beer and titties.

Then with all the new film hype around The Force Awakens it quite literally awoke the force in me again. I dug it all out of my folk's loft, realised that scrunched up newspaper and years in a loft with hugely fluctuation annual temperatures really doesn't do their condition much favour. So I started upgrading their condition, filling the gaps and completing the accessories. Although I was always a loose collector, since reviving my passion a few years ago I have discovered the money pit that it MOC collecting.

Anyway, I look forward to some top notch nerding out with you guys. Cause my girldfriend, although a very tolerate and supportive lady, really couldn't give a **** about whether my Bespin guard has a handlebar or Magnum PI 'stache.

Chris

Great intro Chris. Welcome here. I have only been here a couple of months myself, but find it great and theres some top people and info.
Taff

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
got a job and took a deep interest in beer and titties.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The down fall of many a collector! :roll:
Wecome Chris, great welcome introduction, very enjoyable.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mine was specifically cocaine and *****, we've all got our favourite past-times. :lol:

Welcome to the forum, it's a friendly place. :)

BrickFan

Hey everyone. Here is a quick overview of me:

Name: James
Single/Married: Single
Residence: Portsmouth
Kids: None
Pets: Two Yorkshire Terriers
Collecting Focus: Lego Star Wars sets

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
BrickFan said:
Hey everyone. Here is a quick overview of me:

Name: James
Single/Married: Single
Residence: Portsmouth
Kids: None
Pets: Two Yorkshire Terriers
Collecting Focus: Lego Star Wars sets
Hi James, welcome and enjoy the Forum.
You will find the Lego section in Modern collecting.

Sav78

Youngling
Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for about a year now and I've finally got around to posting. I think you guys are doing a fantastic job, this place is addictive.

My name is Paul, I'm 39, and live with my wife and children in Milton Keynes.

I loved Star Wars as a kid and collected Rotj figures and ships. Those Christmases opening the Millennium Falcon, scout walker etc live long in the memory, though I made the grave mistake of giving away all my star wars toys to a family friend when I was about 12. I deeply regret it.

I've only started collecting again over the past 14 months with my focus on rotj moc. I have 7 mocs now and I'm hooked. Weirdly I have my mother to blame as out of nostalgia she bought me a Finn Force Awakens figure a couple of Christmases ago as a light hearted throw bbc back to childhood, but it ignited some nostalgic awakening of those childhood Saturday mornings perusing Woolworths for figures and I started seeking out more. Hence how I found this forum.

Great to finally introduce myself.

subzero

Sith Lord
Sav78 said:
Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for about a year now and I've finally got around to posting. I think you guys are doing a fantastic job, this place is addictive.

My name is Paul, I'm 39, and live with my wife and children in Milton Keynes.

I loved Star Wars as a kid and collected Rotj figures and ships. Those Christmases opening the Millennium Falcon, scout walker etc live long in the memory, though I made the grave mistake of giving away all my star wars toys to a family friend when I was about 12. I deeply regret it.

I've only started collecting again over the past 14 months with my focus on rotj moc. I have 7 mocs now and I'm hooked. Weirdly I have my mother to blame as out of nostalgia she bought me a Finn Force Awakens figure a couple of Christmases ago as a light hearted throw bbc back to childhood, but it ignited some nostalgic awakening of those childhood Saturday mornings perusing Woolworths for figures and I started seeking out more. Hence how I found this forum.

Great to finally introduce myself.

Welcome to the forum you'll enjoy it here, i'm mainly a ROTJ collector myself as I was born in the 80's and ROTJ toys seemed to be around a lot more than anything else, so that's what's more nostalgic to me.

But yes once you pop you can't stop! :lol:

Clutters

Youngling
Long time lurker, now joined! To be honest, I finally registered in the hopes of completing my loose Kenner Vintage collection and post some threads in the Most Wanted forum.

That said, as a SW fanatic since 1977, once that's done, I'll enjoy posting more generally on all topics.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi My name is Russ, I am 45, married with 3 children, I live in Nottinghamshire.

I am a massive Star Wars fan since 10 years old.

I had a huge collection back when I was a kid but like a lot of kids, I outgrew them.....the shame :shock:

My mum gave the collection to my cousin.....again the shame :shock:

I have recently started to collect vintage ROTJ figures and vehicles and in time I hope to re-create my childhood.

I look forward to speaking to like minded collectors and fans like myself.

Thanks

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom