SWTOTW, Week 8, 2018, Part 1/2 Chief Chirpa

Hooch

Jedi Knight
ewok_chirpa.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Wow, You display your chief chirpa collection great, it looks awesome. I was beginning to think where the **** is hooch in this
thread, because I know you love ewoks :lol:

Why does your loose chief chirpa not have a weapon ? :?

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
Wow, You display your chief chirpa collection great, it looks awesome. I was beginning to think where the **** is hooch in this

Cheers mate
He does have a weapon but you just need to look that bit closer in front of his feet. Kind of blends in from that angle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hooch said:
Pomse2001 said:

Cheers mate
He does have a weapon but you just need to look that bit closer in front of his feet. Kind of blends in from that angle

Wow I must be blind :shock: I did not see it before you told me where it was :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Finally I found all my chief chirpa items :lol:

19 loose variants, only a few miss weapon or hood, I found a few more from some lots that I bought last year, so when I have checked the new ones then I can maybe add the last hood and few weapons to the ones that miss them or I can add some more variants :D

I have 3 moc and 5 cardbacks, all variants :lol: From Top left

Tri-logo moc
Kenner 65 back moc made in Mexico
Kenner 65 back cardback made in Hong Kong
Meccano cardback
Palitoy/Clipper cardback

From Bottom left

Kenner 77 back moc made in Hong Kong (Factory HG)
Kenner 77 back cardback made in Hong Kong (Factory HN)
Kenner 77 back cardback made in Mexico
Palitoy 65 back cardback special offer free Nien Nunb
Palitoy 65 back cardback special offer chewbacca bandolier strap

Variants.JPG

P1160163.JPG

P1160165.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hood Variants there I have most of them :D

Hood stamped A, B, C, D, E, F, Deep Circle, Circle and Hood with Circle Brown and Dark Brown :D

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

Deep.JPG

Not Deep.JPG

Light and Dark.JPG

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Nice collection Lars. Here's my Chief Chirpa. I would like a White Fur variant. Didn't realise they had specific accessories and don't think I've ever seen that particular variant staff shown in Jeremy's pic. How rare are the white fur Chirpas?

Attachments

• F2D7DD46-C395-4A15-BAB3-893C643CDB69.jpeg
    F2D7DD46-C395-4A15-BAB3-893C643CDB69.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,141

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Nice collection Lars. Here's my Chief Chirpa. I would like a White Fur variant. Didn't realise they had specific accessories and don't think I've ever seen that particular variant staff shown in Jeremy's pic. How rare are the white fur Chirpas?
They're not very rare at all really. Grey is more common, but the main problem is identifying a white one in a photo where there isn't a grey one standing next to it to help differentiate the colours! I bought a couple of loose ones off eBay thinking they were white, only to find they were really grey when I had them in hand :roll: . The highly variable quality of photos used on auctions, plus flash photography lightening the colours of everything can make spotting the whites in amongst the greys annoyingly difficult!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:
They're not very rare at all really. Grey is more common, but the main problem is identifying a white one in a photo where there isn't a grey one standing next to it to help differentiate the colours!
Are they more expensive to pick up?
Not if the seller doesn't know it's any different from a grey! On the rare occasions where a seller has identified one as a white, they usually charge a bit more, but we're not talking mega bucks.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

I dont think it is that rare in the uk, since I have heard the white one came from palitoy :? You can always write white chief chirpa on ebay if you want to buy him from a seller who knows about him. If you want to find him from a seller who do not know about the white one then the picture can be tricky sometimes I think. It could be more easy to try to look for the staff and then buy the chief chirpa with the correct staff. Maybe you get lucky also to get the white chief chirpa :wink: I am not sure but maybe I have an extra that I is not part of my collection :?

and thanks for the kind words :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
They're not very rare at all really. Grey is more common, but the main problem is identifying a white one in a photo where there isn't a grey one standing next to it to help differentiate the colours! I bought a couple of loose ones off eBay thinking they were white, only to find they were really grey when I had them in hand :roll: . The highly variable quality of photos used on auctions, plus flash photography lightening the colours of everything can make spotting the whites in amongst the greys annoyingly difficult!

I agree it can be tricky with pictures, try find mine between my chief chirpa lot :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:
They're not very rare at all really. Grey is more common, but the main problem is identifying a white one in a photo where there isn't a grey one standing next to it to help differentiate the colours!
Are they more expensive to pick up?

I think you can win one for £15 today with the correct hood and weapon, buy it now then people want a lot more :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Missed this. Here's a late entry, a resealed Palitoy Clipper Chief Chirpa 65bk MOC...

IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG

Thanks mate for sharing this awesome resealed clipper card :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
This one is the peach of my Chirpa focus, Micro-Meccano MOC...

IMG_4348.JPG

Wow, that is a beautiful french meccano chief chirpa moc, I love it 8)

So what is your goal with your chief chirpa focus, what are you still looking for ?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
This one is the peach of my Chirpa focus, Micro-Meccano MOC...

IMG_4348.JPG

Wow, that is a beautiful french meccano chief chirpa moc, I love it 8)

So what is your goal with your chief chirpa focus, what are you still looking for ?

Thank you Pomse. I've got a Tsukuda UP 65bk in the post in great condition apart from a yellowed bubble and next I'd like to get hold of a Top Toys MOC. I missed one back in December as I only started collecting end of January this time round though it had a cracked bubble but would have been a nice addition all the same.

Also looking for a regular Kenner with the green GM circular logo instead of blue which I have on my MIM MOC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom