Hollow Tubes Sand Person

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
And it doesn't stop! Rebelscum have drawn attention to this auction (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Hollow-Cheeks-Tubes-Tusken-Raider-Sand-People-Figure-C-9/222850539256), asking whether the hollow tubes Tusken Raider for sale there is fake or not:

Fake 01.jpg

Fake 02.jpg

Well, it certainly is fake; the horns are pointing at the wrong angle, they lack the extra piece of plastic at the base of the 2nd one in from the left, the ends of the 'hollow' tubes are rough and not clean, and also the one on the right is coming out of the side of the tube! It's also the wrong shade of brown, as it should be much darker brown and not a reddish brown.

It's clear that there are still some collectors out there that are not sure how to spot a fake hollow tubes Tusken Raider / Sand People, and therefore risk getting conned by scamming scumbags. So as a public service announcement, please can I warn everyone about fakes like this one, and urge anyone uncertain of how to spot a fake to familiarise themselves with what a real one looks like, as shown in the 5th post down on page 1 of this thread.

Thanks.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Here's mine. 65 back, very dark brown bandolier and gloves. The gaffi stick looks normal, the same colour as my loose examples.

6EFFAB14-E764-4937-A485-D8EB8462C396.jpeg

3E72FD6B-6FC8-43A4-BD8C-3B77571CCE23.jpeg
What a beautiful MOC!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom