What Rare Items Do You Remember Opening?

lejackal

Grand Master
Nothing Star Wars wise unless I had some rare figure and card combo that I didn't know about, I did have this as a kid and they are North of £500 sealed now so I guess this would be the rarest toy, can't even find one one Ebay currently for sale or sold.
ShadowUpriser-Front.jpg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I never started getting SW toys until Christmas 1980 yet I remember lots of 12 and 20 backs. My memory is that well into the ESB era, the first 12 were still on 12 backs and similar with the second wave on 20 backs.

I remember getting at least Vader, Threepio, Artoo on Pali 12 backs in early 1981.

Palifan

Sith Lord
My vinyl caped 12 back from back in 78. It was the last of the first 12 I had and I still don't know for sure if it was Palitoy or Kenner but I feel it was Palitoy as all the others were including the 12 back Palitoy large head Han. Just wished I'd kept the card back to know for sure but no real regrets as I enjoyed and played with these figures so much over the years.

Ian

dienstuhr

Padawan
VC Jawa. Like others I didn't like the VC at the time, thought that the cloth cape version was superior. Fortunately I still have that VCJ in my collection today :D

I did keep all of my cardbacks also but they got binned at some point before my mum moved house in the mid-90s. :cry:

Cheers lads

d.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't remember opening any Star Wars toys, but I do remember opening Mask and Centurions toys a few years later. In fact I don't think I even remember having any accessories for my Star Wars toys, must have lost them within minutes :lol: I had a Boba Fett as a kid so chances are that was a trilogo or Palitoy.

Born Too Late

Youngling
I don't think I ever owned anything rare and only remember opening one or two of the ships. Unfortunately I was being bought Star Wars toys too late for the early desireable stuff and too early for the late rare stuff!

I do remember my Dad drumming into me the importance of keeping the packaging (he was ruing throwing away all his Dinky toys at the time) but it didn't stop me chucking out in the 90's all the card back I'd kept. At least my parents refused to let me sell the actual toys for £20 for the lot around the same time :)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
My very first fig was a Palitoy 12-back Vader. Remember clearly ripping the bubble off and throwing it away with the cardback (and probably a footer too) back in the 70's.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Cannot remember opening anything, but I do remember having Darth Vader, Biker Scout and ERG. Post playing I also remember lining them up in the bedside cabinet draw. They never went in the toy box so must of been special!

jt1969

Padawan
indianawars said:
So what rare Star Wars items do you remember opening as a kid? Did you sell or give away something years ago that has since turned into a gold-mine?

:roll:
Two VC Jawas..... ripped them open...... later I remember taping them to rockets and sending them up....... Got mad because one of the capes caught fire........... :shock:

Only if I had a time machine

Crumm

Padawan
Nothing rare really.

But I do distinctly remember receiving and opening the following for X-mas 1983:

Luke Jedi Knight, Boba-fett, C3P-0 removable limbs, Biker scout, X-wing, Speeder Bike, Slave-1. Good christmas for me that was, considering we didn't have much money.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Woolworths 3 pack, I remember unwrapping it and seeing loads of figures I needed, Luke Farmboy and Greedo have always stuck in my mind. Later in life my Dad told me how he whent to Woolworths late on Christmas Eve that year and the staff were putting all the 49p special offers out ready for the Boxing Day sales, that was a good Christmas. :lol:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Not Star Wars but remember opening a Crash Bandicoot figure when they first came out in box sell for over £100 now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom