Latest Acquisitions

subzero

Sith Lord
Cannot believe how obvious that iron mark is, I suppose when everybody trusts a very well known seller then little anomalies can go over people's heads without suspicion.

I do think in years to come there will be a large market for TT's, I mean look at bootlegs now.... :shock:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Really pleased with these recent upgrades to my mint loose and variant collections. Some of these came a collection where the original owner clearly bought a lot of them towards the end of Star Wars hysteria. Having been opened but never played with. They also kept a lot of the cardbacks, most of which are ROTJ Kenner, Palitoy and Tri-Logos. But really pleased to have such fine examples, particularly of Leia who is truly mint! White as the day she was made and not a paint rub on her.

DSCF9256.jpg

DSCF9260.jpg

DSCF9264.jpg

DSCF9267.jpg

DSCF9271.jpg

DSCF9273.jpg

DSCF9274.jpg

Molded face Luke Jedi
DSCF9275.jpg

Hong Kong CCO with dark brown head strap. Not a variant I've come across a great deal, especially in such good condition.
DSCF9276.jpg

Chris

subzero

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Really pleased with these recent upgrades to my mint loose and variant collections. Some of these came a collection where the original owner clearly bought a lot of them towards the end of Star Wars hysteria. Having been opened but never played with. They also kept a lot of the cardbacks, most of which are ROTJ Kenner, Palitoy and Tri-Logos. But really pleased to have such fine examples, particularly of Leia who is truly mint! White as the day she was made and not a paint rub on her.

DSCF9256.jpg
DSCF9260.jpg
DSCF9264.jpg
DSCF9267.jpg
DSCF9271.jpg
DSCF9273.jpg
DSCF9274.jpg

Molded face Luke Jedi
DSCF9275.jpg

Hong Kong CCO with dark brown head strap. Not a variant I've come across a great deal, especially in such good condition.
DSCF9276.jpg

Chris

Lovely figures, well done, amazing condition Leia too, it's probably my favourite white figure when it's minty white it just looks stunning.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Some other recent pick ups. I'm not sure if the mirror qualifies as 'gimcrack', but I bloody love it! It reeks of the 70's/80's. :D
DSCF9278.jpg

And a promo card from Debenhams, circa 83.
DSCF9279.jpg

DSCF9280.jpg

Chris

tigerham

Sith Lord
Very nice variations Chris. :)

This just arrived to add to my focus along with an adapted GW acrylic case (bottom laced with gloss black).

IMG_4376.JPG

... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :p

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Some other recent pick ups. I'm not sure if the mirror qualifies as 'gimcrack', but I bloody love it! It reeks of the 70's/80's. :D
DSCF9278.jpg

DSCF9279.jpg
DSCF9280.jpg

Chris

Chris, wonderful stuff! Huuuuuuge fan of the 8mm movies and of the crazy bootleg mirrors! You didn't happen to find them at Ewbanks, did you? ;)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
TK-7785 said:
DSCF9278.jpg

DSCF9279.jpg
DSCF9280.jpg

Chris

Chris, wonderful stuff! Huuuuuuge fan of the 8mm movies and of the crazy bootleg mirrors! You didn't happen to find them at Ewbanks, did you? ;)

Ha ha! Yes indeed, mate. :D

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
tigerham said:
... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

There he is! Yes, looks fantastic. Love the "Osito Ewok" name plate on the TopToys.
... but holy crap. The slit open bubble is definately NOT cool. Can this be seen on the pictures you got before the buy (now, if you know it's slit open)?

P.S.: I would leave the sticker as is. :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Plastikheld said:
tigerham said:

There he is! Yes, looks fantastic. Love the "Osito Ewok" name plate on the TopToys.
... but holy crap. The slit open bubble is definately NOT cool. Can this be seen on the pictures you got before the buy (now, if you know it's slit open)?

P.S.: I would leave the sticker as is. :wink:

Thanks Stefan. No, can not see it at all and they said there was only a little crack top right of bubble and that's it. This is the only angel that showed that side and no crack or slit...

s-l16004.jpg

These are my photos after...

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

Too late, stickers gone but left a bit of residue. But I personally prefer a bit of residue than any stickers. :)

hellhippie

Jedi Master
great bossk moc, love the loose mint figures . nice score on the toy toni although im very skeptical of them but do see thyre collectible value .
awesome top toys !!

tigerham

Sith Lord
hellhippie said:
great bossk moc, love the loose mint figures . nice score on the toy toni although im very skeptical of them but do see thyre collectible value .
awesome top toys !!

Thank you.

subzero

Sith Lord
Jedijut said:
subzero said:
Latest arrival for my trilogo collection. :)

DSCF8370_phixr.jpg

Bossk on Tri-Logo looks amazing, great pick up mate.

Thank you, I really do love the look of the trilogo Bossk, especially with that lime green card colour it really compliments the figure.

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:

This just arrived to add to my focus along with an adapted GW acrylic case (bottom laced with gloss black).

IMG_4376.JPG

That's a shame you've had that again, this hobby is rewarding but can be very cruel sometimes. :(

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
tigerham said:

IMG_4376.JPG

That's a shame you've had that again, this hobby is rewarding but can be very cruel sometimes. :(

Thank you. Just got a reply from the seller saying no partial refund and send it back and will let eBay sort it out. So obviously not a true collector as there is no way I'm sending it back to the US to cause more damage to it. Nothing more I can do. At the end of the day I'm happy to have it. It was more the principal for me and fairness. But hey, not everyone thinks the same.

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
subzero said:
tigerham said:

IMG_4376.JPG

Thank you. Just got a reply from the seller saying no partial refund and send it back and will let eBay sort it out. So obviously not a true collector as there is no way I'm sending it back to the US to cause more damage to it. Nothing more I can do. At the end of the day I'm happy to have it. It was more the principal for me and fairness. But hey, not everyone thinks the same.

Sorry to hear that, sometimes a seller can be understanding then sometimes not, it makes me wonder if the guy would rather want it back just so he can resell it to the next guy without mentioning the slit and get the same money for it without a loss... :?

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
tigerham said:
subzero said:

Sorry to hear that, sometimes a seller can be understanding then sometimes not, it makes me wonder if the guy would rather want it back just so he can resell it to the next guy without mentioning the slit and get the same money for it without a loss... :?

Absolutely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom