Latest Acquisitions

stormcab

Sith Lord
subzero said:
stormcab said:
Proper touch with those trilogos. Hoping something like happens with a guy at my gym. Said he had a load of trilogos bought back in the 80s. I've been harassing him for 2 years to show me, but he always "forgets"

Typical that is, when you want/need something from somebody they seem to either vanish or forget every single time, but when they want something from you they're chasing you up for it making sure you don't disappoint.

I have no idea what he has. I think he's in his early 50s. I said I could arrange to sell them for him and buy anything I like. I literally just want to have a look to see if there is anything mind blowing. I told him to at least take a photo on his phone :?

lejackal

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
lejackal said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Lovely Bi-logo box Carl. When you say correct bike does that mean there are there no flaps?
The bronze engine mate. The flaps are in the bubble wrap baggie

Bronze engine AND the black eject button ;)

Nice mate. Very good. Speak to Aussiejames regarding how it should be packed and if those other bits are meant to be in there as I don't know.
Thanks Ben, will do

subzero

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
subzero said:
stormcab said:
Proper touch with those trilogos. Hoping something like happens with a guy at my gym. Said he had a load of trilogos bought back in the 80s. I've been harassing him for 2 years to show me, but he always "forgets"

Typical that is, when you want/need something from somebody they seem to either vanish or forget every single time, but when they want something from you they're chasing you up for it making sure you don't disappoint.

I have no idea what he has. I think he's in his early 50s. I said I could arrange to sell them for him and buy anything I like. I literally just want to have a look to see if there is anything mind blowing. I told him to at least take a photo on his phone :?

That's really annoying and frustrating that is, he could have some really nice and rare pieces there and he can't be arsed to spend 10 seconds taking a quick pic, it makes you wonder if he's telling the truth or not. :?

Certain people it can be like trying to get blood out of a stone.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
lejackal said:
Got this from eBay for the bargain price of £36, complete with mint condition, correct bike as well as the insert and instructions.
Lovely Bi-logo box Carl. When you say correct bike does that mean there are there no flaps?
The bronze engine mate. The flaps are in the bubble wrap baggie
Sweet. Something I've not seen before.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Another ticked off of the wish list for 2018 thanks to Greg Waters. Really stoked with this one. It has to be one of the coolest vehicles Kenner produced. Never saw it as a kid but yearned after it as an adult. I mean virtual hover facility and pop up bonnet. Doesn't get much cooler than that. Came with box, inserts, paraphernalia and bonus Luke Skywalker. Happy days. :D

Attachments

• 01F8E347-935C-4679-96DE-AD4F1674D097.jpeg
    01F8E347-935C-4679-96DE-AD4F1674D097.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 859
  • A6882DDA-852D-4D70-9317-ECF169B3EF01.jpeg
    A6882DDA-852D-4D70-9317-ECF169B3EF01.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 860
  • 44BF72AB-4B0B-4B26-83FA-915D5BD36FAB.jpeg
    44BF72AB-4B0B-4B26-83FA-915D5BD36FAB.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 862

tigerham

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Another ticked off of the wish list for 2018 thanks to Greg Waters. Really stoked with this one. It has to be one of the coolest vehicles Kenner produced. Never saw it as a kid but yearned after it as an adult. I mean virtual hover facility and pop up bonnet. Doesn't get much cooler than that. Came with box, inserts, paraphernalia and bonus Luke Skywalker. Happy days. :D

Really nice Land Speeder. I love those and hope to get one some day. Thanks for sharing as always nice to see ones like yours in great condition and with all pieces there. Bonus with Luke as well! :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Does anyone have or collect these?
8B7B03F4-B831-4CAE-960A-6858C95378EC.jpeg

I have been up in my loft today, and found some bits and pieces I had forgotten about.
I thought these were sold with everything else when I sold up, used to be able to pick these up for a £1 or so at toy fairs.
I can see that on a few of them the top protective film has come loose, don't remember them being like this when I put them away.
Is this top film coming loose normal or was this usually taken off?

I also found an un boxed speeder bike missing one flap and a handle bar, if anyone has one please get in touch, thanks.
I think that I will try to find the missing bits and get a biker scout to display it as it should be.

If I found these sort of things in my loft, which I had forgotten about, imagine what is out there in lofts around the country just waiting to be re discovered!

***sorry duplicate post***

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
Really nice Land Speeder. I love those and hope to get one some day. Thanks for sharing as always nice to see ones like yours in great condition and with all pieces there. Bonus with Luke as well! :)
Thanks. I love the inserts all most as much as the boxes themselves. They really make the piece. And the instructions, leaflets and other accompanying paraphernalia help to tell a story of the time.

tigerham

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
tigerham said:
Thanks. I love the inserts all most as much as the boxes themselves. They really make the piece. And the instructions, leaflets and other accompanying paraphernalia help to tell a story of the time.

Absolutely, great piece of history there. :)

And no Mini99, not got any of those but the artwork looks great.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Right I reckon this will be my last post for a while in latest acquisitions... Finally joined the VCJ club thanks to a very reasonably priced offer on FB. The little fella turned up in the post today and he's in fabulous condition, not a scratch on him, in part to the "above and beyond" packaging... which is just as well as the parcel force delivery man dropped it on the floor as soon as he got out of the van!

Attachments

• 409615DB-9F5A-4DA6-B542-374894AE007C.jpeg
    409615DB-9F5A-4DA6-B542-374894AE007C.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 831

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Lovely VCJ! Probably one of the biggest minefields in loose collecting. Still looking to pick up a nice loose one myself.

Taffius

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Right I reckon this will be my last post for a while in latest acquisitions... Finally joined the VCJ club thanks to a very reasonably priced offer on FB. The little fella turned up in the post today and he's in fabulous condition, not a scratch on him, in part to the "above and beyond" packaging... which is just as well as the parcel force delivery man dropped it on the floor as soon as he got out of the van!

Nice VCJ. You joining the Association too :D Not got him and I think its still an exclusive club for my tight pockets :lol:

Pat the butter fingers! :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom