Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
Hi My name is Russ, I am 45, married with 3 children, I live in Nottinghamshire.

Russ

Hi Russ. Only been here a few months myself but its a great place to be. Real fellowship. I am next county over in Lincolnshire!

Check out The Vintage Rebellion podcast - great listening.

Enjoy!

Taff

Jedijut

Padawan
Hello from Jedijut,

My name is Justin Lea from Australia. To be completely honest, I've never really got into the forums mainly due to time but still used them as a visitor for information. Yes I'm a lurker lol but now it's time to get involved!!

I started collecting as an adult back in 2000ish and progressed from loose figures and ships to Mint on card and boxed items. Collecting a bit of everything along the way from fast food cups and glasses, toy catalogs, posters, loose variants (main variants) and a mint on card/box run of Die Cast ships.

So a few years ago I came to the realization that I couldn't display everything and made the decision to sell off my boxed and carded items. 90 mint on cards sold to one buyer and boxed ships/play sets sold individually. Not only did this give me the room back it gave me the funds to concentrate on my loved focus, the vintage Die Cast line.

I've always enjoyed listening to the vintage Star Wars pod casts and reading all the latest collecting books. I find focusing on the Die Cast can be a lonely endeavor but have made some great collecting friends.

Thanks for the great work everyone does and chat soon.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Welcome to the new guys, enjoy the forum, gain knowledge and collect those lovely vintage pieces 8)

Hi Taff

Thanks for the welcome, I am concentrating on the vintage ROTJ line, I have other collectables like glasses, lego figures, prints and my prized Harrison Ford autograph that sits nicely in my office.

Take care

Russ

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Welcome Russ, welcome everyone. It's a great place to get back into collecting, full of lots of knowledgeable folk into all kinds of Star Wars goodies.

Thanks for the welcome.

Regards Russ

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Welcome to the new guys, enjoy the forum, gain knowledge and collect those lovely vintage pieces 8)

Thanks, can't wait to build my collection further.

Regards Russ

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Welcome to the forum Paul Russ and justin. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable members here enjoy.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Jedijut said:
Hello from Jedijut,

My name is Justin Lea from Australia.

Hi Justin,

Great to see a returner. I have only been here a few months and even though social media seems to be dominant around the world, this forum I feel takes a niche spot amongst them all. The experience and advice is freely given and very welcoming. I also found the more you get involved the steeper the experience curve gets. Enjoy and look forward to your contributions from Australia.

Taff

P.S. dont forget the podcasts!
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36172

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Jedijut said:
I've always enjoyed listening to the vintage Star Wars pod casts and reading all the latest collecting books. I find focusing on the Die Cast can be a lonely endeavor but have made some great collecting friends.

Get to know Andy (spoons). He's a die hard Die Cast lover.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Stubbs said:
Welcome to the forum Paul Russ and justin. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable members here enjoy.

Thanks Stubbs, everyone seems to be welcoming.

Regards

Russ :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
Michael Sith said:

Hi Taff

Thanks for the welcome, I am concentrating on the vintage ROTJ line, I have other collectables like glasses, lego figures, prints and my prized Harrison Ford autograph that sits nicely in my office.

Take care

Russ

I seem to me more drawn to ROTJ too. I remember that film better than the other two! :D

Jedijut

Padawan
Taffius said:
Jedijut said:
Hello from Jedijut,

My name is Justin Lea from Australia.

Hi Justin,

Great to see a returner. I have only been here a few months and even though social media seems to be dominant around the world, this forum I feel takes a niche spot amongst them all. The experience and advice is freely given and very welcoming. I also found the more you get involved the steeper the experience curve gets. Enjoy and look forward to your contributions from Australia.

Taff

Thanks for the welcome, definitely looking forward to contributing here and getting to know everyone better.

Justin

Jedijut

Padawan
Get to know Andy (spoons). He's a die hard Die Cast lover.[/quote]

I think I pester Andy to much lol.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:

I started collecting when my son bought me an AT-ST for Christmas 2017, now I am hooked :lol:

Russ

Taffius

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
Michael Sith said:

I started collecting when my son bought me an AT-ST for Christmas 2017, now I am hooked :lol:

Russ

Hi Russ. Been here a few months but not got an AT-ST yet. This is a great place to be. Enjoy the community and vintage hunting!

Taff

jt1969

Padawan
Hey guys NOOB here....well kinda hahaha

Im 49 years old from the USA living in indonesia.

Just a few months ago I was able to get back some of my original SW figures after my parents passed.I had no idea good ole mom saved them after all these years!!!

I got 30 ish figures, most are not worth much at all but its like a dream come true to know that there are the ones i played with!!! I did get my blue snagg and jawa!!! ive done some research and im 99% sure my Jawa was a VC however of course I dont have the cape..... The markings seem to be a VC but hes in bad shape.... oh well at least I know he was my original Jawa :) I would have to say my most prized is my Vader with original cape " missing the saber" :-( and Boba, and 5 good looking storm troopers. Anyways im getting back a small lump of money from them passing and I plan on spending some of the money on something that would always remind me of my great childhood. Im going to take the plug and buy something that I can enjoy till I pass then pass along to my grandson. Ive got it down to three items:

1. MOC Vader " Have my eye on a ESB with revenge of the jedi sticker"
2. MOC Boba Fett
3. Loose Luke DT saber figure

Ive always been a Empire fan so im leaning towards the Vader and Boba however there are so many Vaders thats its hard to pick from hahaha

ESB vader with revenge sticker or 12 back Vader.....
ESB Boba or Return of the Jedi Boba.....

Ive been told this is how it all starts...... buy one MOC....and your going to want more :)
Now only if I win that lotto hahahahahah

Taffius

Sith Lord
Welcome jt1969. So sorry to hear your news but this forum is great for such support and advice.

I am new too and my choice personally would be the boba moc.
Perhaps not as iconic as other two but i am biased in my choice. I am sure any one of the 3 would be a great choice.

There is some depth of experience here to enhance your decision making so hope it goes well and we get an update on the decision. :D

Taff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom