Hunting in the wild

Taffius

Sith Lord
Wild finds today. Not bad but a days effort!

Out again next weekend! :lol:

Attachments

• 20180325_154311.jpg
    20180325_154311.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 952

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Taffius said:
Stubbs said:
Nice where these boot sale finds.

Thanks. Yes boot sales.

Nice one, I Started a boot sale in the OT section please feel free to add your finds there, always great to see what over people find:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32593&start=345

grinchy

Sith Lord
Very nice, glad you rescued them, did you pay a lot for them? most people at boot sales think star wars stuff is made of gold :D

jayums

Jedi Master
Good find!

Saw a few vintage star wars things walking around Greenwich market this morning - all over-priced (pre-haggling anyway). Had a few loose figures, a couple of mocs and boxed ships.

Nice to see star wars stuff out in the wild - bound to be a few car boots over Easter so might go hunting!

Taffius

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Very nice, glad you rescued them, did you pay a lot for them? most people at boot sales think star wars stuff is made of gold :D

They were a few quid each. SWRS (Star Wars Rescue Service - heard it here first! :lol: ).

There were others but not at the price asking. Quite a bit of modern about though but again price!

Taffius

Sith Lord
jayums said:
Good find!

Saw a few vintage star wars things walking around Greenwich market this morning - all over-priced (pre-haggling anyway). Had a few loose figures, a couple of mocs and boxed ships.

Nice to see star wars stuff out in the wild - bound to be a few car boots over Easter so might go hunting!

Mocs good find though....SWRS out next weekend too! Liking the hunt now. :lol:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Taffius said:
Who is out hunting the wild today? :D

The Mrs and I are gonna see what car boots are on this weekend and check them out. Always good to find vintage in the wild, no matter how common or average the condition.

Last year's sales afforded me a snowspeeder is good nick, minus the cannons for £5, 12" Vader with cape, a bunch of vintage comic annuals and storybooks of the films plus a handful of beater figures. It's getting less and less common finding vintage but there will always be one more house clearance that yields a pop-up R2 or a boxed Imperial Shuttle. Gotta keep hunting. :wink:

Chris

subzero

Sith Lord
Iv'e only ever seen vintage in the wild twice in my life, both times they were traders in very small indoor markets where other people were selling expensive trinkets and nice antiques, and only in nice middle/upper class areas where people are known to be quite loaded, I was of course just passing through. :lol:

Not once have I ever seen a single vintage Star Wars item in any shop or market in any working / lower class area, never in 20+ years, I suspect maybe dealers know sales would be poor or non-existent unless they trade in a better area where people have more money to spend on high vintage prices.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Well antique and charity shops checked. Nothing today apart from plenty of traffic. Never mind, if you dont look then you havent a chance no matter how slim the pickings maybe. :D

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Decided to pop out, found these in a 2nd hand shop. £12 for the 3:

Attachments

• 20180330_150448.jpg
    20180330_150448.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 20180330_150500.jpg
    20180330_150500.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 293
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom