Postage price?

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Does anyone else think that this is a bit expensive for postage?

She seems to think its going to sell for fortunes, but she is using myhermes and they quote £6.49 for this, I know ebay and paypal take a combined 13.4% and a box and some bubble wrap has a small value, but this still seems a bit ott.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STARWARS-RETURN-OF-THE-JEDI-SCOUT-WALKER-VEHICLE-1983/162954111991?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

sparkysx

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
If it was being sent Special Delivery, maybe. But Hermes...hell no!

Chris

Nope, it's hermes, dunno who shes trying to kid, but that will stop me from bidding as I know it's money for nothing.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
sparkysx said:
TK-7785 said:

Chris

Nope, it's hermes, dunno who shes trying to kid, but that will stop me from bidding as I know it's money for nothing.
Not only that, if she's sending it by Hermes you'll be lucky if it arrives in one piece anyway. A truly awful delivery company in my experience. They're cheap, and it certainly shows!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Snaketibe said:
sparkysx said:
TK-7785 said:

Chris

Not only that, if she's sending it by Hermes you'll be lucky if it arrives in one piece anyway. A truly awful delivery company in my experience. They're cheap, and it certainly shows!

Agreed. I've stopped using them for anything remotely valuable. I use Royal Mail Tracked and Special Delivery for my ebay sales 99% of the time. Always special delivery for sending MOCs. Every once in a while i get someone asking for something to be sent cheaply, but I have to say no. I don't want any vintage item getting lost or unnecessarily damaged.

Chris

rdpla

Jedi Knight
-
in all fairness she does say you can go and pick it up... if a member here was looking to buy, ask if any other members live nearby, go and pick it up and do the honours....

plus side...nowhere near as horrendous as the toptoys Argentina seller .....not often the postage costs more than the card...

sparkysx

Sith Lord
She knows most people won't be able to pick it up. I don't mind paying a bit over the postage price because you have to allow for paypal and ebay fees, and the cost of bubble wrap, but ebay specify that you can't charge for the time taken to pack it up, and take it to the post office, or petrol costs and parking charges.

I sold an RC car the other day and sent it special delivery, I charged £16 and the actual price of posting was £11, I used a ton of bubble wrap and a box that I already had, but that box had cost me money from a prior delivery so it wasn't free. Paypal and ebay take their 13.4% so I didn't make any profit from the p&p at all and I shouldn't either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom