Cardbacks

gypsygirl

Youngling
I have 29 card backs in various conditions can someone please suggest where I can price them, They seem more confusing than the figures! Few examples below;
SAM_4722.JPG
SAM_4724.JPG
SAM_4726.JPG
SAM_4727.JPG

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The Han Solo and Star Destroyer Commander cards are really nice. Not an expert on these, but I'd say around £5 ea apart from Han which maybe a tenner. I'm sure someone better qualified will be along sooner or later! Do you have any Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back cards?

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
To answer your question they can all be valued here on this thread. Images would need to be provided for all of the remaining card backs in order for them to be valued as already demonstrated.

As you mentioned they can be confusing, certain card back releases combined with which distributor released them and figure combinations can be rarer items therefore in demand more making them more desirable hence potentially greater in value and that is before condition is considered.

The condition will also affect the final price as several things will determine each item in the value.
Many card backs will have the character name plate cut out due to the mail away offers, yours shown are good examples as they all have them intact.
The hanger tabs are more often than not punched through, you will see your Ugnaught still has his intact, that can assist the value in some cases.
The litho or print of the picture of the character will often have a large part missing from when the bubble was torn off similar to you Ugnaught, these are often much worse than that example. Your DSC and Han cards are fantastic examples of a good condition card in respect to the litho.
Then there is standard kids damage like the rip to the hanger of the Rebel Commando, creases and rips, ink damage like ticks marked against each character on the rear or wanted written across the vehicles or figures on the back.

Are the remaining 25 card backs ROTJ cards or do you have any ESB or Star Wars ones?

gypsygirl

Youngling
Thanks for the reply all of the cards are ROTJ, I am thinking of taking pics and asking for offers on the lot so I don't have to sell separately for weeks/months/years lol

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
For ease you could take a couple of group shots of the fronts and backs of the cards making sure none overlap each other so each one is clear to see.
Then values will follow as seen before so you can put up a post on the sales page for the job lot.

Totally understand the bulk sale approach for the reasons you have stated but it's also worth considering listing any desirable cardbacks individually. Leia Organa for instance is a reasonably desired card back on a Trilogo and if you had one in a condition similar to the Han card you have it would possibly command a value circa £40.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom