Is this a re-seal...?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hi all, if anyone can give me a second opinion please as the seller said that in their opinion it is not a reseal (and they added that it was just their opinion). Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

CC Cases.jpg

tigerham

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
It looks like it has dried glue on the top left corner. Unless that's dirt and a lifting bubble I'd say it's a reseal.

Well that's what I thought about the dried glue and just mentioned to them literally so see what they say. They have mentioned it is lifting on the top right corner which is what lead me to ask about if it is a reseal or not then put the dark marking at the top of the bubble together to think twice.

Thank you apack.

Any other help will be appreciated.

apack7229

Sith Lord
No problem, I hope I'm wrong but the glue just doesn't sit right with me. Also There looks to be lifting inside of the bubble but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing as I think the bubbles can sometimes shrink and pull the litho. Is it Kenner or Palitoy?

tigerham

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
No problem, I hope I'm wrong but the glue just doesn't sit right with me. Also There looks to be lifting inside of the bubble but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing as I think the bubbles can sometimes shrink and pull the litho. Is it Kenner or Palitoy?

Palitoy, which makes me think twice even more as they do not come up at all on the GG in any condition.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's hard to be sure based on these photos, but I am suspicious about this card. As already stated, it does indeed look like there's glue at the top of the card above the bubble, plus there's some discoloration / glue / dirt beneath it at the top of the bubble too. I know the seller said the bubble was lifting there, so it COULD be caused by that, but I'd still be cautious. Plus, there's a lot of white specks of missing litho beneath the seal, which could be caused by the card slipping slightly when the bubble was heat sealed (and this could also explain the excess glue at the top of the card possibly), however it could also be where the bubble was imperfectly glued back on when being resealed. If it is a reseal, it's quite a well done one, but then again, if it is a reseal, it's not worth MOC money. Perhaps you could ask the seller for some more, larger and clearer photos to help you decide?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Resealed at the top of the bubble with clear glue that has turned brown after several years. Seen it before.

cheers Jason

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
It's hard to be sure based on these photos, but I am suspicious about this card. As already stated, it does indeed look like there's glue at the top of the card above the bubble, plus there's some discoloration / glue / dirt beneath it at the top of the bubble too. I know the seller said the bubble was lifting there, so it COULD be caused by that, but I'd still be cautious. Plus, there's a lot of white specks of missing litho beneath the seal, which could be caused by the card slipping slightly when the bubble was heat sealed (and this could also explain the excess glue at the top of the card possibly), however it could also be where the bubble was imperfectly glued back on when being resealed. If it is a reseal, it's quite a well done one, but then again, if it is a reseal, it's not worth MOC money. Perhaps you could ask the seller for some more, larger and clearer photos to help you decide?

Thank you Jeremy. I know from 're-sealing experience' that the white dots of the lifted litho happens when the bubble is not aligned with the original position on the cardback as a perfect line up will cover the majority of these up for sure.

I have asked the seller one last question, is the dark marking/stain on the top of the bubble or underneath the seal as this would, to myself, mean a re-seal as dirt and glue would have mixed and darkened underneath the bubble. If on top then it would mean simple dirt stain and would come off.

Now, having written this, how else would there be dark staining like sticker residue around that area of the bubble and nowhere else on the cardback?!

tigerham

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Resealed at the top of the bubble with clear glue that has turned brown after several years. Seen it before.

cheers Jason

Thank you Jason. That's what I just wrote and thought. Would make sense.

Really appreciate all the help guys. Thank you!

subzero

Sith Lord
A ROTJ Kenner Vader I had and sold a while back actually had a little excess glue around the bubble from the factory which was brown/yellowed and you could pick bits off of it ( wish I had a picture of it ), but it actually was a 100% original seal and not resealed and had a perfect waffle pattern. Iv'e also seen it before on another ROTJ bubble.

However with this Gam Guard it looks way different to the one I had as my one didn't have dry glue on the actual card, the Gam Guard does look very suspicious.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
A ROTJ Kenner Vader I had and sold a while back actually had a little excess glue around the bubble from the factory which was brown/yellowed and you could pick bits off of it ( wish I had a picture of it ), but it actually was a 100% original seal and not resealed and had a perfect waffle pattern. Iv'e also seen it before on another ROTJ bubble.

However with this Gam Guard it looks way different to the one I had as my one didn't have dry glue on the actual card, the Gam Guard does look very suspicious.

Thanks Richard.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Just got a reply from the seller agreeing that they now, at closer inspection, think it's a reseal too. All good.

Thanks again for all your help. Truly appreciated. :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Thanks to all your help the seller has now stated in description about all the flaws including the fact it's a reseal. Thanks again, good work. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom