I hope no one thinks they're getting the real thing...

tigerham

Sith Lord
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-figures/173253978695?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I asked the seller to send me photos of the Jawa and they sent me these...

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

Seller claims to not know what I'm talking about so I sent him comparison shots of theirs and a genuine one. They still say they do not see any difference. (I tried)

Just a heads up in case.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Blimey someone isn't going to be happy. Saw this lot was going to put a bid in but decided not too glad I didn't thanks for the warning.

tigerham

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Blimey someone isn't going to be happy. Saw this lot was going to put a bid in but decided not too glad I didn't thanks for the warning.

No problem.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Lindo said:
405 quids tut tut

They even asked me how much I think they are all worth and I replied stating depends if someone thinks it's a genuine VCJ or not. After my last two messages to them with a price guide and solid proof it wasn't a genuine VCJ I never heard back from them again. Hmm, playing the innocent maybe?! :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
This seems to be more of a common occurrence lately with sellers throwing a fake one in amongst lots of others and not mentioning anything about it, hoping it will trick people into putting in higher bids. It seems the seller knows his figures just from these pictures, he's matched up all the correct weapons to the right figures so I have a feeling he knows what a VCJ is.

If the seller is doing that on purpose then i'm sure it will backfire when the buyer demands to return them anyway. :D

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
This seems to be more of a common occurrence lately with sellers throwing a fake one in amongst lots of others and not mentioning anything about it, hoping it will trick people into putting in higher bids. It seems the seller knows his figures just from these pictures, he's matched up all the correct weapons to the right figures so I have a feeling he knows what a VCJ is.

If the seller is doing that on purpose then i'm sure it will backfire when the buyer demands to return them anyway. :D

Well unless the buyer has been told it's a genuine VCJ then not really much they can do about it as no returns. At the end of the day if you don't ask (the right questions) then you don't get (a result either way). I also think some may not ask these questions in the fear that if it was a genuine one then the seller may pull the listing and relist at a higher price, maybe.

Lindo

Sith Lord
see that always mystifies me as well, someone can put no returns all they like but if a seller disputes it ebay will always allow a return

subzero

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
subzero said:

Well unless the buyer has been told it's a genuine VCJ then not really much they can do about it as no returns. At the end of the day if you don't ask (the right questions) then you don't get (a result either way). I also think some may not ask these questions in the fear that if it was a genuine one then the seller may pull the listing and relist at a higher price, maybe.

That's exactly it, people know if they start asking questions about the Jawa then the seller would be thinking "why all the interest in this one?", and they'd basically be alerting the seller to what it is and once they google it then it's over.

tigerham

Sith Lord
subzero said:
tigerham said:
subzero said:

That's exactly it, people know if they start asking questions about the Jawa then the seller would be thinking "why all the interest in this one?", and they'd basically be alerting the seller to what it is and once they google it then it's over.

And that's exactly what they said to me that why would it have so much interest if it was fake, lol. :roll:

stu70

Padawan
Seems like this seller has got a track record of including what looks like a VCJ in groups of figures, as well as fake weapons, feedback from one unhappy buyer,

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=senejk_9&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&which=negative&interval=30&_trkparms=negative_30

This lot also looks exactly the same as the set of figures that he just sold for £405.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-figures-/173253978695?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=mHSRYUkMIwqnw5Cw8DKVliMxFlQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Looks like he keeps trying to sell the same set of figures with a supposed VCJ in them.

subzero

Sith Lord
What a complete twat, he's relisted this latest auction too, i'm guessing whoever won it also asked for more pics/info of the Jawa afterwards then told the seller to get lost :lol: ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Figures-including-the-first-12-and-working-Snow-Speeder/173257398667?hash=item2856f2198b:g:eek:lkAAOSw8mRax8e1

Luckily he now has that negative feedback so potential bidders will know the deal with this guy and his VCJ's.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Some idiots never learn! And the cheeky bastard also had the front to add this bullshit line to his relisting:

"Selling again due to time waster!!"

That 'time waster' would of course be himself, presumably! Let's hope he gets 'negged' again by the next unlucky winner :lol:

tigerham

Sith Lord
stu70 said:
Seems like this seller has got a track record of including what looks like a VCJ in groups of figures, as well as fake weapons, feedback from one unhappy buyer,

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=senejk_9&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&which=negative&interval=30&_trkparms=negative_30

This lot also looks exactly the same as the set of figures that he just sold for £405.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-figures-/173253978695?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=mHSRYUkMIwqnw5Cw8DKVliMxFlQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Looks like he keeps trying to sell the same set of figures with a supposed VCJ in them.

To be honest, if someone is looking for a VC Jawa then they really need to do some research first as they never stated it was a genuine one plus the images on the completed listing with the neg feedback blatantly show a fake one with definite wrong colour and size. Lol, and then they have the cheek to say that. :roll: Unless, of course, he stated in private message that it was but in that case why not state it in the listing then. Just a thought.

They never even said it was a genuine one in private messages to myself but chose their words carefully shall we say. :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
tigerham said:
stu70 said:

To be honest, if someone is looking for a VC Jawa then they really need to do some research first as they never stated it was a genuine one plus the images on the completed listing with the neg feedback blatantly show a fake one with definite wrong colour and size. Lol, and then they have the cheek to say that. :roll: Unless, of course, he stated in private message that it was but in that case why not state it in the listing then. Just a thought.

They never even said it was a genuine one in private messages to myself but chose their words carefully shall we say. :wink:
My problem with listings like this one are not that they will catch out collectors like ourselves who (broadly speaking! :)) hopefully are knowledgeable and sensible enough to spot the fake and do the research you quite rightly recommend. My problem is that they are deliberately deceptive attempts designed to catch out the ignorant, the unwary, the novice and the stupid.

Loving Star Wars and being aware of the existence of a VCJ and also knowing that it happens to be very valuable does not guarantee that you have great knowledge of the subject, an awareness of scamming scum, vintage expertise or intelligence. Star Wars is for everyone, but devious assholes like this seller are cynically trying to trip up the vulnerable (and yes, also some lazy people who are capable of researching the subject, but can't be bothered) and exploit them by deliberately including a figure they clearly know to be a fake, and which yes, they might make no particular claims regarding the genuineness of, but which is there for the sole purpose of appearing to be something it's not and hence garner undeserved high bids. Being ignorant, novice or stupid is not a crime, but ruthlessly and cynically exploiting such people for one's personal gain certainly should be.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
tigerham said:
stu70 said:

My problem with listings like this one are not that they will catch out collectors like ourselves who (broadly speaking! :)) hopefully are knowledgeable and sensible enough to spot the fake and do the research you quite rightly recommend. My problem is that they are deliberately deceptive attempts designed to catch out the ignorant, the unwary, the novice and the stupid.

Loving Star Wars and being aware of the existence of a VCJ and also knowing that it happens to be very valuable does not guarantee that you have great knowledge of the subject, an awareness of scamming scum, vintage expertise or intelligence. Star Wars is for everyone, but devious assholes like this seller are cynically trying to trip up the vulnerable (and yes, also some lazy people who are capable of researching the subject, but can't be bothered) and exploit them by deliberately including a figure they clearly know to be a fake, and which yes, they might make no particular claims regarding the genuineness of, but which is there for the sole purpose of appearing to be something it's not and hence garner undeserved high bids. Being ignorant, novice or stupid is not a crime, but ruthlessly and cynically exploiting such people for one's personal gain certainly should be.

Absolutely. I should have added that not all are in the know and if they know it is a reproduction (anything) then this should be stated int he description.

I find it absolutely lazy when a vague and brief description is given on an auction which leads to many messages, delayed answers and misunderstandings. Where as if they described the listing as accurate as possible in the beginning it makes it easier for the buyer.

But as you mentioned, there are those who seek out to deceive others foe that bit of extra cash. Sad what money makes people do, or was that sad what people do for money?!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom