ebay advice

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
hi guys, I've started selling all sorts of junk on ebay and I need some advice.

one of the items is at a silly amount, a camera bidded at £250 and you can buy these on ebay for £95 easily

the highest bidder has 0 feedback

I'm guessing they wont pay and the auction still has 4 days to go

what can I do?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I'd wait for the auction to finish. You never know, they may still pay. Then when they don't just relist.

:)

Jason

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
he has a feedback score of 2 so I've gone and blocked bidders with feedback lower than 5 but he is still the winning and the highest bidder????

shouldn't he be blocked and the person lower down be the highest bidder now or does it take awhile for ebay to refresh all that?

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
he has a feedback score of 2 so I've gone and blocked bidders with feedback lower than 5 but he is still the winning and the highest bidder????

shouldn't he be blocked and the person lower down be the highest bidder now or does it take awhile for ebay to refresh all that?

Unfortunately you can't block bidders unless they have a 'minus 1 or lower' feedback score, the setting you chose only blocks bidders with 5 or less IF they don't have card/payment details registered, so because he has a card registered for payments he's still able to bid.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
subzero said:
pizzathehutt said:

Unfortunately you can't block bidders unless they have a 'minus 1 or lower' feedback score, the setting you chose only blocks bidders with 5 or less IF they don't have card/payment details registered, so because he has a card registered for payments he's still able to bid.

I've gone in and cancelled his bid, I've also put on my settings anyone who is bidding on one of my items must have 5 feedback or above

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
seems to have worked, plus the fact I only post to uk and this guy is in morroco

If you revise the listing have a look to see if the box is ticked for the global shipping program, cheeky ebay have it ticked as default and you have to unselect it, it caught me out a couple of weeks back.

Paullaura

Padawan
I often get foreign bidders , even though i clearly state UK only.

If they ever win i just cancel the sale . It is a bit annoying :evil:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Paullaura said:

Ditto know that feeling.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I sold an R/C car the other week, I put that I only post to the UK, but didn't specify that bidders outside of the UK couldn't bid, so someone in Hong Kong bought it, and his paypal address was a unit on an industrial estate in Portsmouth, so I sent it there and it's been confirmed as delivered. He said he won't be in the UK for a few months so I have to keep my fingers crossed that he won't try something to scam me. eBay said I'm protected but we will see!

lejackal

Grand Master
sparkysx said:
I sold an R/C car the other week, I put that I only post to the UK, but didn't specify that bidders outside of the UK couldn't bid, so someone in Hong Kong bought it, and his paypal address was a unit on an industrial estate in Portsmouth, so I sent it there and it's been confirmed as delivered. He said he won't be in the UK for a few months so I have to keep my fingers crossed that he won't try something to scam me. eBay said I'm protected but we will see!
He would have to open a return or not received case within 30 days I believe and as you have proof of delivery to the address provided you should be fine

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Paullaura said:

Ditto know that feeling.
You can set it up to automatically prevent bidders from zones you wish to exclude posting to, and you can be pretty specific. But this has to be set up in your preferences through the main site and not on the app

sparkysx

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
sparkysx said:
He would have to open a return or not received case within 30 days I believe and as you have proof of delivery to the address provided you should be fine

Cheers, good to know!

I really don't like ebay!

subzero

Sith Lord
I remember selling something several years back where I actually blocked every single country accept for UK in my settings, and a clever ( or cheeky ) little Japanese man had a UK ebay account opened & registered in this country so was able to bid, but after he won my auction provided a Japanese address ( purposely getting around your clear UK only policy ) and I ended up having to ship it there. It was a 7 day auction and really didn't want to waste more time trying to sell it again to the next highest bidder / or relist it, so I went with the winner.

Looking at his feedback he had a ton!! of comments from other sellers all complaining about having to ship to Japan. :evil:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
subzero said:
I remember selling something several years back where I actually blocked every single country accept for UK in my settings, and a clever ( or cheeky ) little Japanese man had a UK ebay account opened & registered in this country so was able to bid, but after he won my auction provided a Japanese address ( purposely getting around your clear UK only policy ) and I ended up having to ship it there. It was a 7 day auction and really didn't want to waste more time trying to sell it again to the next highest bidder / or relist it, so I went with the winner.

Looking at his feedback he had a ton!! of comments from other sellers all complaining about having to ship to Japan. :evil:

Yeah I'd of told him to get stuffed, pretty sure you could get any negs removed under those circumstances.

subzero

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
subzero said:

Yeah I'd of told him to get stuffed, pretty sure you could get any negs removed under those circumstances.

Yeah that's very true and negs could have been removed, but at the time I didn't have much money and was in immediate need of the cash from the sale so I couldn't wait to relist the item again. If I could have afforded to cancel the sale and wait longer I would have def cancelled it no probs.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
subzero said:
sparkysx said:
subzero said:

Yeah that's very true and negs could have been removed, but at the time I didn't have much money and was in immediate need of the cash from the sale so I couldn't wait to relist the item again. If I could have afforded to cancel the sale and wait longer I would have def cancelled it no probs.

fair enough!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
well 2 auctions sold no problems

the other 3 have been disasters....

1) my old ipad sold and then the buyer emailed saying 'oops sorry I didn't know but my wife was also bidding on another ipad so we are buying that one now, please cancel this order' ??

2) I sold a watch that I don't wear anymore that went for peanuts, the winning bidder is in Puerto rico and the shipping is more that the watch :lol: he still hasn't paid yet and I doubt he will

3) the camera again :roll: I retracted those silly bids and blocked anyone with less than 5 feedbacks from selling, some woman up north won but hasn't paid and wont respond to my emails?

what do I do now? do I contact ebay? can I leave negative feedback for buyers?

he'res me 5 years later an seller who was banned from selling and now that I'm allowed to sell again its going horribly wrong

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Andrew

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:

1) my old ipad sold and then the buyer emailed saying 'oops sorry I didn't know but my wife was also bidding on another ipad so we are buying that one now, please cancel this order' ??

2) I sold a watch that I don't wear anymore that went for peanuts, the winning bidder is in Puerto rico and the shipping is more that the watch :lol: he still hasn't paid yet and I doubt he will

3) the camera again :roll: I retracted those silly bids and blocked anyone with less than 5 feedbacks from selling, some woman up north won but hasn't paid and wont respond to my emails?

he'res me 5 years later an seller who was banned from selling and now that I'm allowed to sell again its going horribly wrong

thanks
Andrew

Wow, sorry to hear it's gone so bad. Well for starters to be fair ebay shouldn't punish you for anything this time as you've done nothing wrong, it's the buyers responsibility to pay up.

If you go into your ebay 'site preferences' you'll be best off turning on your 'unpaid item assistant' ( if you haven't done so already ), set it so it opens a non-payment case on your behalf automatically after however long you choose ( I set it to 2 days ). Then if payment is not made after 48hrs the buyer then has another 48hrs to pay up and if they don't it will close in your favour and you get your seller fees back etc, and you can relist the item then.

However if you change this setting right now then I don't think this will apply to the items you've already sold, so you will have to open and close your cases manually for those ones. But any future non-bidders will be met with your unpaid item assistant and you won't have to chase things up yourself. :)

FYI, sellers can't leave negative any more only positive ( I know, it's ridiculous ), and also since you're trying to keep your account in good standing don't risk leaving bad comments in the positive feedback such as "non payer" or any other similar negative comments, as that's now against ebay policy and could get you in trouble.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
subzero said:
pizzathehutt said:

thanks
Andrew

Wow, sorry to hear it's gone so bad. Well for starters to be fair ebay shouldn't punish you for anything this time as you've done nothing wrong, it's the buyers responsibility to pay up.

If you go into your ebay 'site preferences' you'll be best off turning on your 'unpaid item assistant' ( if you haven't done so already ), set it so it opens a non-payment case on your behalf automatically after however long you choose ( I set it to 2 days ). Then if payment is not made after 48hrs the buyer then has another 48hrs to pay up and if they don't it will close in your favour and you get your seller fees back etc, and you can relist the item then.

However if you change this setting right now then I don't think this will apply to the items you've already sold, so you will have to open and close your cases manually for those ones. But any future non-bidders will be met with your unpaid item assistant and you won't have to chase things up yourself. :)

FYI, sellers can't leave negative any more only positive ( I know, it's ridiculous ), and also since you're trying to keep your account in good standing don't risk leaving bad comments in the positive feedback such as "non payer" or any other similar negative comments, as that's now against ebay policy and could get you in trouble.

Thanks for clearing all of this up for me, i'll make those changes you suggested

it probably didn't help me selling stuff during half term

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom