Toys R Us - Goodbye

apack7229

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
apack7229 said:
I had to pay about $1 each. They're plastic and about 3-4 feet. I'm planing on trying to get more. The shopping cart idea does sound good.

Used the shopping cart to tow finds behind you home! Homage to TRU - thats a different focus. :lol:

I sense a new focus coming on. :lol:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
bosk70 said:
subzero said:
Leemcl said:
Imagine deep deep deep in some old Toys R Us stock room. Behind years and years of old tat....there is a few boxes of left over of mint vintage MoCs. Oh to dream.....

Got to be some somewhere. We need more Niktos MoC

I'd love to be the guy who discovers that case or box hidden away in a shady corner of an old dusty stock room loaded with rare vintage SW toys, imagine the buzz!

Or even better, to think that out there right now there could even be something as special as an entire locked up unit full of old shop stock, that somebody left locked up and never returned back to and got completely forgotten about for any number of reasons. With these toys not being valuable or collectable at the time when they were new then they could have very easily been forgotten about, so it's likely there's at least one unit out there somewhere full of vintage toys that could get discovered when the old unit/building is targeted to be knocked down or bought up after the owner dies.

In Birmingham there are so many locked & boarded up old units, garages and buildings that look like they haven't been touched in decades, imagine how many there must be in the entire UK that could have some old boxes hidden away. :shock:

I've told this story to death before, so sorry if you've heard it before, but it is relevant to your point subzero, and it proves that they were out there in lockups in the mid 90's, I saw my sister and her friend's kid one day in the mid 90's playing with vintage jabbers goons :? and weapons i questioned how he had the weapons with them , my sister said they just bought 4 carded figs down the market off a lady selling greeting cards and the kid opened them straight away and played with them, they threw the cards in the bin :eek: :eek: i said where and shot straight down there as my sister said there were some more left in the box (expensive too at 40p each) , cut a long story short i picked up the below and the lady said there were more in her lockup from years ago when they sold a few toys at the market, said she would try to bring them next week never saw them again and should of chased the lead up , but was young then and not that bothered, more bothered about girls and vw,s :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great story, bet there's loads still out there. Hope so!

apack7229

Sith Lord
So I went back to my local store today and bought some more modern and I tried to buy more of the signs and apparently thry're not legal to sell anymore. :lol:

Taffius

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
So I went back to my local store today and bought some more modern and I tried to buy more of the signs and apparently thry're not legal to sell anymore. :lol:

Its only illegal for you. They must of worked out you had bought the shop stock and stands to start a new ATRU (Alternative Toys R Us or Apacks Toys R Us). :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I remember in about 1986-1987 long after the shops stoped stocking the fig's. At Farnham market a guy in a transit van and pallets on the floor cutting open boxes and pouring mocs onto them shouting 3 for a pound. My mum also remembers this as we bought some.

Not relevant to toys r us I no but just thought it worth a mention after bosk post. They could be out there still.

subzero

Sith Lord
Stubbs said:
I remember in about 1986-1987 long after the shops stoped stocking the fig's. At Farnham market a guy in a transit van and pallets on the floor cutting open boxes and pouring mocs onto them shouting 3 for a pound.

:shock: :shock: :eek: :eek:

subzero

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:

Wow! :shock: never heard that one before!

apack7229

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
apack7229 said:

Its only illegal for you. They must of worked out you had bought the shop stock and stands to start a new ATRU (Alternative Toys R Us or Apacks Toys R Us). :lol:

They probably did but like any good citizen I wont try to acquire any illegal items from them. I'll just try at other stores where the aren't illegal to sell yet. :lol:

apack7229

Sith Lord
subzero said:
apack7229 said:

Wow! :shock: never heard that one before!

They said that the toysrus logo belongs to the licensee and that they cant sell them anymore. You think they would have known that from the beginning.

subzero

Sith Lord
Haha what better way is there to say goodbye? :lol: :lol:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/police-raid-rave-at-toys-r-us-store-2288378

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom