Thrawn hunting

cheungministro

Youngling
No Thrawn in Home Bargains in West Byfleet, Basingstoke or Reading, but I managed to get some TLJ 3.75 figures from Toys R Us closing down sale in Reading for around £3.50 each so not a completely wasted trip.

Taffius

Sith Lord
cheungministro said:
No Thrawn in Home Bargains in West Byfleet, Basingstoke or Reading, but I managed to get some TLJ 3.75 figures from Toys R Us closing down sale in Reading for around £3.50 each so not a completely wasted trip.

Nice one. :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I was in Caernarfon the other day and popped into the local HB in the vain hope of something decent for once. My local in Bognor Regis always has a grand total of FA.

I walked out chuffed to bits. Bagged a Vader and the dude in white for £1.99 each :) Was so pleased. The only two of those they had.

It was some days later I realised that it was Thrawn that was hard to get, not Krennic :lol: Still, I'm chuffed I've now got Krennic as I didn't have him either.

Taffius

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I walked out chuffed to bits. Bagged a Vader and the dude in white for £1.99 each :) Was so pleased. The only two of those they had.

It was some days later I realised that it was Thrawn that was hard to get, not Krennic :lol: Still, I'm chuffed I've now got Krennic as I didn't have him either.

:lol: Scruffy - funny. Not got him either. Full run on! :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
One has been listed in a lot of six R1 MOCs - if it stays reasonable you could sell the others and get him for minimal outlay - if anyone can't find it and wants the link let me know (not my listing by the way)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I hear your pain guys, I roped myself in to these with a KS20 as I have a weakness for droids & the sculpt was so dam nice, next time ended up with a death trooper, next time a stormtrooper & got a little sucked in :lol: found myself feeling very odd about it as I normally only collect vintage, but this range really is bloody good, really wanted the smurf after watching all the episodes of Rebels & had been on the hunt ever since with sod all luck, but my boat finally came in 2 weeks back in Pwllheli as they had one, right at the back it was & sadly the only one they have had in, but least I got one in the end, got quite a few of the figures now, I will keep my eye's peeled for you all, have a feeling I am going to end up with a few others with them being only 1.99 now, the stormie sculpt is bloody good init.

I would really like that flamethrower trooper, but not seen one anywhere, saying that we only have a HB's & B&M here & it's normally very slim pickings.

I hope they keep up with the 3.75" range for the new films like solo & fett, can see me getting a fett for sure 8)

IMGP0307.JPG

IMGP0308.JPG

Chico

Jedi Knight
Found one of the Thrawn's in a HB on the outskirts of Edinburgh - very chuffed for £1.99!

So tempting to come out with more shore and death troopers at that price - too bad the wife was with me. Always puts the skids on excessive Star Wars purchases :lol:

cheungministro

Youngling
Trip to Hounslow today involved checking the Home Bargains in Hounslow and Southall.

Had some luck with non SW collections in Hounslow (Justice League and Guardians of the Galaxy) but no Thrawn and in Southall the figs were few and far between and also still £2.99.

Contemplating a trip up north where there are clusters of stores - somewhere like Liverpool but not guarantee they'll have any!!!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
well was at the car boot in anglesea yesterday so ent as far as Hollyhead to check all the stores, next to nothing, managed to pick up a KS20 but that was my lot between 5 stores.

I would like a few death troppers if anyone see's any going, also fancy a flame trooper, I will keep checking for the rest of you on the thrawn front

Taffius

Sith Lord
Checked tonight, no Thrawn or any Rogue One's. However did add to my collection of modern with a Force Link starter set with Kylo Ren.

lejackal

Grand Master
Taffius said:
I will keep hunting as I know some need him but I caved in at Echo Live and purchased one from Dark Side Toys yesterday! :D
Can't fault you there, I got mine from eBay a couple of weeks ago for £12. Not the best price but far from the worst I've seen.

Attachments

• 84693D92-BED6-4E98-9C41-18ED97367D68.jpeg
    84693D92-BED6-4E98-9C41-18ED97367D68.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,479

Taffius

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Taffius said:
I will keep hunting as I know some need him but I caved in at Echo Live and purchased one from Dark Side Toys yesterday! :D
Can't fault you there, I got mine from eBay a couple of weeks ago for £12. Not the best price but far from the worst I've seen.

Yep. Agree. Cannot keep trawling places and determined not to buy one from ebay....yet. :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The amount I spent on Petrol I could have bought many Thrawns.

I guess the thrill is walking through the pet food section of Home Bargains is worth it.... :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom