Falcon Dilemma

TK-7785

Jedi Master
So I have a lovely condition Falcon that is complete and very clean but has never had stickers applied. It did come with the sticker sheet; missing a few smaller stickers and they have all lost their stick and fallen off the sheet. I'm wondering what your collective thoughts on it are. If you'd apply the stickers with some fresh adhesive or just leave it as is? Seeing as the sticker sheet is incomplete and no longer in one piece I'm kind of torn whether to use them or not. I think the larger part of me feels like I shouldn't **** with it; the Falcon mainly, as it's never had stickers applied.

Your thoughts...

Chris

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Personally I would apply the stickers to the Falcon. The other option is to apply them back to the sticker sheet. :?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I wouldn't put the stickers on it personally. There are thousands out there with stickers on, buy one if that's what you want. Your one is different and there are only so many that are clean/new without stickers applied. I love un-stickered ships, I've got a loose Slave-1 and an unused un-stickered boxed Scout Walker. For me there's something really nice about fresh new un-played with plastic!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I'd trade it for one with stickers on it.

I'm sure there are plenty of MIB collectors that would be up for that trade as it completes their item.

subzero

Sith Lord
If you use artists 'mounting spray' you could stick them on non-permanently, they would very easily peal back off if you wanted them to.

I'm just not sure about any acids or other harmful chemicals in the sprays that may affect the stickers over time, something to look into though.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Thanks, guys. I think I'm settling in the don't **** with it camp, which was my gut instinct.

I already have a nice minty, loose, complete Falcon, but I acquired this one as it came with a nice example of the late Kenner ROTJ box with the desert scene which I've been looking for for a while. I may see if I can dig up another original complete sticker sheet to go with it and pass on the loose stickers. Annoyingly one just sold on the forum.

Chris

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Thanks, guys. I think I'm settling in the don't **** with it camp, which was my gut instinct.

I already have a nice minty, loose, complete Falcon, but I acquired this one as it came with a nice example of the late Kenner ROTJ box with the desert scene which I've been looking for for a while. I may see if I can dig up another original complete sticker sheet to go with it and pass on the loose stickers. Annoyingly one just sold on the forum.

Chris
I think that I saw an unused sticker sheet on Jabbas Palace this week.
I will post a link if I can find it.
And I agree with everyone else, leave it alone!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
If you have enough room it would be cool to display them together stickered and non stickered side by side. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom