Customs Charges

subzero

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Yeah, understandable. Common courtesy dictates he could at least drop you mail to say he hadn't marked it as a gift.
Though given it has a cracked bubble, I assume you're sending it back, or looking for a partial refund. If it's the latter, I'd be looking for a little more than normal given he has cost you a few extra quid in customs charges.

Yeah I couldn't be arsed with the entire returning process since it was overseas and a fairly cheap MOC, if it was a lot more money or a UK seller then I would have, but this time I got a partial refund, I let the VAT cost slide on this one but he tried to haggle the refund amount down too much and no way was that happening. I don't think he realised just how much a split devalues a MOC, or maybe he did. :lol:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I'm probably in the minority here then. Although I absolutely HATE customs charges, If its a valuable item I either ask them to ship it via DHL (they use there own planes ect and don't display the value on the outside so you rarely if ever get customs charges) or If they are using usps I ask them to put the full value on the outside. The reason for this is that you are only insured to the value of declared goods. So say it was a moc that was squashed then you would only get compensation upto the value declared. Make sense? Lol

plantman

Sith Lord
You could always get it shipped to one of the guys on here instead to forward on but can be a hassle adding address etc.

pmsbull

Jedi Master
Y'all need to check this out guys :wink:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36617

spoons

Grand Master
pmsbull said:
Y'all need to check this out guys :wink:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36617

and you need to read the first page :lol:

spoons said:
There's a form to download and send off - a bit hit and miss but 90% success rate. What annoys me is the randomness of the charge.

You should have been charged 20% by their rules - they just make it up as they go along, and you can't claim the parcelforce holding fees back

As you have only been charged around 5% I would leave it as you may get charged more, but for future reference here's a good link

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19613

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hi all, I've been tracking a parcel coming from the US and now custom charges have been raised and then revised ones been raised when it's been valued at $22. How on earth is this possible? Any ideas as I have to wait until it gets to the depot to find out the details and the lady said all she knew is that they were raised because of the value of the item?

tigerham

Sith Lord
Didn't realise it had changed as it's anything over the value of £15 will have charges. Hmm, $22 = £15.97. :roll: This was the last MOC I am purchasing for a while so will take it on the chin. I should have done a bit more research although strangely I have had several MOC's with a value of $25 and they went straight through. Go figure. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom